MMA-UFC UFC 257

Who wins?

• Poirier

• McGregor

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

UFC257_960x540.jpg

Great co-main event too with Hooker v Chandler.

Good match up for Conor. Don’t know what DP can offer. He’s not really a kicker so he’s going to sit in Conors comfortable boxing range and get pieced.

It really does seem like he's not interested in using the mental war aspect anymore, either consciously or subconsciously maybe he wants it to be known he can beat his opponents without the mental war pre fight.

He's already started the mental games by publicly declaring that he'll finish Dustin in 60 seconds.

It's just one extra thing for him and his team to think about before the fight.

You can't ignore a statement like that when the guy your fighting has a 90% finish rate in his MMA record.

He's already started the mental games by publicly declaring that he'll finish Dustin in 60 seconds.

It's just one extra thing for him and his team to think about before the fight.

You can't ignore a statement like that when the guy your fighting has a 90% finish rate in his MMA record.

Nah, when he gets asked how's the fight gonna end McGregor is ultra confident in himself. Half the UFC roster predicts a first round knockout that's hardly at all mind games.

Nah, when he gets asked how's the fight gonna end McGregor is ultra confident in himself. Half the UFC roster predicts a first round knockout that's hardly at all mind games.
the mental games won't work as well when he doesn't have 5,000 people in a press conference hanging off his words and booing the opposing guy

He comes across as someone who thrives in the electric environment of a big crowd. Be interesting to see how he goes without that atmosphere

the mental games won't work as well when he doesn't have 5,000 people in a press conference hanging off his words and booing the opposing guy

He comes across as someone who thrives in the electric environment of a big crowd. Be interesting to see how he goes without that atmosphere
100% but he wasn't even throwing barbs in that interview to Poirier. Said they were father's, warriors and both charity men and even repeated the line about blood being spilt but not bad blood. It's as respectful as someone can be who they are about to fight.

He did have the press conference for cowboy and nothing bad was said, I think he's genuinely moved on from wanting to be known for that and now wants the respect as a fighter back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are both older and wiser. I doubt Poirer lets Connor into his head as easily this time and Connor spoke alot about how much the press for the Aldo fight drained him.

Connors brash confidence comes naturally to him so hes never gonna be the humble, soft spoken Stephen Thompson type but i for one am glad hes reigned it in a bit and seems more focused on the in cage stuff.

100% but he wasn't even throwing barbs in that interview to Poirier. Said they were father's, warriors and both charity men and even repeated the line about blood being spilt but not bad blood. It's as respectful as someone can be who they are about to fight.

He did have the press conference for cowboy and nothing bad was said, I think he's genuinely moved on from wanting to be known for that and now wants the respect as a fighter back.
Yah I get what you are saying

I guess he has just matured, I mean the way you act and behave at 32 is a lot more mature than in your 20's

Then again he already has a big supporter base so being humble and modest is only going to get him more fans that will lead to bigger $$$'s especially in his business ventures

I dont think anyone expected him to humble or show humility more that hes reigned in the antics a bit.

Personally i think if you wanna survive in a sport like this you need an edge of arrogance, if you dont believe and i mean REALLY believe you are the best in the world youre kind of beaten in the mind before you get in the cage.

i mean REALLY believe you are the best in the world youre kind of beaten in the mind before you get in the cage.
100%

This same attitude is what keeps guys in the sport too long too. Chuck still believes he only got caught in his last 4-5 fights
Sanchez still thinks he can be champ
Mundine still fights ffs.

after a win "I've still got it" and after a loss "I'm great, I can't go out like that"

None of us will ever understand it, nor will they ever think logically about it as we do from afar. But it's that self-belief that gets them to, or near the top, and the same thing that will inevitably bring on the CTE...

Theyve done well to keep these cases quiet. No one seems to be covering one of the biggest sports stars in the world alledged sexual assaults. Mental, De Goey gets more coverage...

Theyve done well to keep these cases quiet. No one seems to be covering one of the biggest sports stars in the world alledged sexual assaults. Mental, De Goey gets more coverage...

Probably correctly, hes not guilty yet.
Kinda ****ed up how everyones guilt is assumed these days.
I'm not the biggest fan of McGregor and some of his s**t but that doesn't make him guilty.

Back