MMA-UFC UFC 257

Who wins?

• Poirier

• McGregor

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope Conor stays active at the top of the division and doesnt end up with Diaz 3 or something like that

That was a good humble response IMO. If he's happy to being truly active and no longer a prizefighter that fights every few years, still good for the sport IMO. Hopefully he follows through.

I cannot get over this result. Boy oh boy wowee.

And as much as Conor can be a clown, he has always been gracious in defeat, which I can only imagine is tough.

In front of millions, after talking the talk, being respectful and circumspect in defeat, Conor is all class. Same as after Diaz 1.

But anyway wowee, what a night. Glad I didn't give Uncle Tomato a cent but those who did got their moneys worth probably.

Also as arrogant as Conor can be and as stupid as his dumb campaigner casual fans can be, this loss doesn't mean that much for Conor. Win his next fight and he's back.
When you fight someone as good as Poirier you can lose lol

Conor fan boys getting their excuses ready yet?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
What excuses would there be? Conor didn't check the leg kicks, and Dustin had a better gameplan and executed it perfectly.

Conor had his moments early with his shots but he neglected the leg kicks and it did it him in, then Dustin wiped him out.

I could see the excuse of ring rust and being out being thrown up by the fanboiz but he didn’t really go that route. He’s also not great in the mix after a loss but he did also just have his clock cleaned so won’t be too hard on him.

Picture perfect from Dustin, used the clinch, used the leg kicks then landed his shots. You couldn’t have drawn the gameplan up any better. Amazing effort from his and his team. Found it be Dustin v Chandler for the strap?

Picture perfect from Dustin, used the clinch, used the leg kicks then landed his shots. You couldn’t have drawn the gameplan up any better. Amazing effort from his and his team. Found it be Dustin v Chandler for the strap?

good fight from dustin but he could have been finished himself on a different night with some of those shots he ate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see the excuse of ring rust and being out being thrown up by the fanboiz but he didn’t really go that route. He’s also not great in the mix after a loss but he did also just have his clock cleaned so won’t be too hard on him.

Sport has caught up and only so long you can survive on what makes you successful. He would never leave SGB, but I wonder what a guy like Conor might have been mixing up at a mega team like ATT.

I think Khabib Dustin happens the same way, so there's nothing for Khabib IMO.

Dustin vs Chandler is mouth watering though. Easily one of the most anticipated matchups IMO.

Dustin vs Chandler is mouth watering though. Easily one of the most anticipated matchups IMO.
Yeah, for guys like us who post in this sub, sure, we'd love that matchup.

But for the UFC, it is nothing compared to what they would have banked for Conor vs Khabib 2.

I cannot get over what just happened. Dustin just cost them literally millions of dollars.

I'm not exaggerating. That result just cost them millions upon millions of dollars.

what in the actual

Also as arrogant as Conor can be and as stupid as his dumb campaigner casual fans can be, this loss doesn't mean that much for Conor. Win his next fight and he's back.
When you fight someone as good as Poirier you can lose lol

It means a huge amount, fight fans are cruel and they hate a loser, and they've seen Connor lose a lot recently. He'll be torn down and replaced by the next big superstar of the month.

He won't have anywhere near the pull power he use to.

But for the UFC, it is nothing compared to what they would have banked for Conor vs Khabib 2.

I cannot get over what just happened. Dustin just cost them literally millions of dollars.

I'm not exaggerating. That result just cost them millions upon millions of dollars.

what in the actual
It happens. That's the beauty of the sport, if Khabib doesn't want to fight Chandler or Poirier who is red hot right now and stay retired fair play to him. It's a shame but that's his decision.

As for Conor he'll be back. I'm sort of happy as a Conor fan as it takes away that Manny fight now and Conor has to stay in the UFC which as much as hardcore fans don't like it, is better for the company with the attention and eyes he brings to the sport.

Conor/Nate 3, Conor/Dustin 3 would make the UFC truckloads of money as well and those options are open.

Another note I think Conor's chin is gone or a issue. It's been Nate, Floyd, Khabib and now Dustin that have rocked him or KO'd him, and as he gets older against bigger men at 155 he's struggling with it.

what in the actual

Oh yeah, couldn't give a f about the part time casuals though :)

Not wrong on the cash. I like both Dustin and Conor, but don't feel for Dana or the UFC brass who don't give a s**t about rankings these days.

Back