Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

azlou

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
hampton
AFL Club
Carlton
Conor looked to have serious amount of sunburn on his back pretty stupid to strut around in the sun topless get burnt
Would have struggled rehydrating

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Has Oliviera really done enough for a title shot?

Looked great v Ferguson and beat Lee but his other wins haven't really been against the top dudes

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Chandler v Oliviera #1 contender fight.
Winner fights Dustin for belt.

Gaethje v McGregor

Hooker v Diaz

Ferguson v Felder

azlou

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
hampton
AFL Club
Carlton
Chandler was primed looked to have a huge sweat punching hard in a serious warm up
Hooker was very casual light shadow boxing he started slow and tentative

Chandler v Oliviera #1 contender fight.
Winner fights Dustin for belt.

Gaethje v McGregor

Hooker v Diaz

Ferguson v Felder
I like this but I kind of think Gaejthe is being hard done by a bit

Either way it shows how stacked the top 6-7 are in this division

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Chandler was primed looked to have a huge sweat punching hard in a serious warm up
Hooker was very casual light shadow boxing he started slow and tentative
That's got nothing to do with anything. I say Hooker was way too worried about the takedown and didn't keep his hands up.
If Chandler can finish top guys with his hands and then wrestle as well. Problem for everyone

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
McGregor surely done now.
Come on mate seriously.
He's 32, not really taken much damage in his career and has openly talked about fighting alot.

Losing to Dustin Poirier isn't the slightest bit equated to retirement. Put him against Ferguson and he still smokes him

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It happens. That's the beauty of the sport, if Khabib doesn't want to fight Chandler or Poirier who is red hot right now and stay retired fair play to him. It's a shame but that's his decision.

As for Conor he'll be back. I'm sort of happy as a Conor fan as it takes away that Manny fight now and Conor has to stay in the UFC which as much as hardcore fans don't like it, is better for the company with the attention and eyes he brings to the sport.

Conor/Nate 3, Conor/Dustin 3 would make the UFC truckloads of money as well and those options are open.

Another note I think Conor's chin is gone or a issue. It's been Nate, Floyd, Khabib and now Dustin that have rocked him or KO'd him, and as he gets older against bigger men at 155 he's struggling with it.

Haha what.
He got dropped by Diaz at 170, Khabib dropped him but it was hardly a soft chin ko. Just a bloody nice punch and McGregor still defended immediately.
One of the greatest of all time boxers manages to punch him? Wow, what evidence...

I mean seriously, I'm not a Conor fan boy but that's just stupid, he dipped his head into an uppercut which is what dropped him, pretty sure most people who take that shot go down especially the way it was fired from Poirier. Connected flush as *.

Volkanovski has been dropped against Holloway and Mendes, should he retire due to his weak chin?

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
That's got nothing to do with anything. I say Hooker was way too worried about the takedown and didn't keep his hands up.
If Chandler can finish top guys with his hands and then wrestle as well. Problem for everyone

Agree Top . Hooker defensive and worried .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Michael Chandler holy smokes what a magnificent way to get going

gee I hope they have 259 & 260 at Etihad the place is miles better than the apex and the other arena, bit of atmosphere for big fights

Liked his presser also . I’ve been a Bellator fan for years and there is only a small difference and it’s not heart / skills or desire . Great first up against Dan on the biggest stage .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Alongside Masvidal he is my favourite fighter but even I can see it's coming to an end for him now. 1 win in 5 years (against old man Cerrone) is just not convincing. If he had tapped out or something it still would be a big loss but to be knocked out for the first time in his career...

I don't think there's any coming back from it. He did say he wants to fight again in 2021. I think the only fights left that make sense are probably Diaz, Poirier, and hopefully Masvidal. He should give it up at the end of the year.

Yea it's only big interesting match ups for Connor now rather than title hunting after this. He was looking good but it went pear shaped for him way too quickly to take him too seriously any more.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Also another reason why I love UFC and hate main stream sports. All AFL athletes have to toe a party line, agree with every cause and have no personality. Nothing any of them says means anything because it's all fake.

I couldn't be happier for Poirier, no one forces him to do what he does but he's genuinely a ripper bloke which makes it so much more meaningful

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yea it's only big interesting match ups for Connor now rather than title hunting after this. He was looking good but it went pear shaped for him way too quickly to take him too seriously any more.
Nah, Gaethje got stopped by Poirier and fought for a title like what 3 fights later? All Conor has to do is win one fight and whoever has the belt will call his name. Too many $ to not fight him

Haha what.
He got dropped by Diaz at 170, Khabib dropped him but it was hardly a soft chin ko. Just a bloody nice punch and McGregor still defended immediately.
One of the greatest of all time boxers manages to punch him? Wow, what evidence...

I mean seriously, I'm not a Conor fan boy but that's just stupid, he dipped his head into an uppercut which is what dropped him, pretty sure most people who take that shot go down especially the way it was fired from Poirier. Connected flush as fu**.

Volkanovski has been dropped against Holloway and Mendes, should he retire due to his weak chin?
Yep McGregor ducked right into the uppercut that ko'ed him

Not sure if Dustin saw him ducking or got a bit lucky but it was beautiful

Would have dropped anyone

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yep McGregor ducked right into the uppercut that ko'ed him

Not sure if Dustin saw him ducking or got a bit lucky but it was beautiful

Would have dropped anyone

He hit him so flush in the forehead I can't believe he didn't break his ******* hand. Conor dipped perfectly into it, that shot puts out the entire roster except maybe Diaz, Ferguson, Kattar and a couple more

He hit him so flush in the forehead I can't believe he didn't break his ******* hand. Conor dipped perfectly into it, that shot puts out the entire roster except maybe Diaz, Ferguson, Kattar and a couple more
Even those guys are in alot of trouble with that hit too

Come on mate seriously.
He's 32, not really taken much damage in his career and has openly talked about fighting alot.

Losing to Dustin Poirier isn't the slightest bit equated to retirement. Put him against Ferguson and he still smokes him
It's more the 1 win in 5 years than the performance yesterday although that really didn't help either.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It's more the 1 win in 5 years than the performance yesterday although that really didn't help either.
Actually 3 wins in 5 years 6 in 6.

More importantly his losses have been to Khabib and Poirier the last 2. That doesn't make him s**t.

God there is some s**t written by journalists after a fighter loses

I am no McGregor fan boy but geez reading this tripe is embarrassing. Regardless of his ko yesterday his resume and accomplishments stack up against almost anyone who has been in the UFC. Is he the GOAT? No but he is defiantly in the top echelon of fighters

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ariel Helwani said last week that Conor might (if anything) be underrated. Everyone focuses on the sideshow he creates and not always on how good a fighter he is.

Having said that, this is a huge test, the legs kicks and the clinch is that evolution, people will think they have the the gameplan to beat him now and he will have to evolve.

His lack of activity has 100% contributed to that.

Hes 32, hes climbed that mountain and has the skillset to do it again, question for me is the hunger and drive. He had that once, does he still? No one but him can answer that but were about to find out.

Back