MMA-UFC UFC 257

Who wins?

• Poirier

• McGregor

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

lol at those who voted for Poirier after the fact.
Yeah love the revisionist predictors.

I went Conor. It is literally the first time ever I have picked him and I did it because I always get my tip wrong. So he screws me over and loses the first time I tip him.

a lot of pundits predicting nate to fight dustin for the title.

can’t see them giving oliviera a title shot yet (note that i’m not saying he doesn’t deserve or wouldn’t win - just they won’t give him the shot because it would be bad for the ufc if he wins)

The lw div is in a weird spot now...as far as the title goes.
You can't give Nate a shot. You can't give Conor a shot. Poirier doesn't think Chandler deserves a shot just yet, reckons he should fight Oliveira. Yet Poirier wants Nate or Conor. Lol

Maybe do Poirier vs Nate...Conor vs Tony, and Chandler vs Oliveira. And work out which 2 winners of those 3 fights get the title fight.
🤷‍♂️

If doesn’t fight another southpaw not sure he has lot to worry about with the calf kick some fighters can switch but turning the shin out should be sufficient to counter them
I would like him to use his front kick he doesn’t push it he gets great extension and snaps it at end with his toes curled back to punch with front ball of his foot has hurt opponents with it
I really respected Conners change of style to go leg kick heavy on Diaz his team know what there doing
If Conner can cut the bs out of his life adjust to the evolution of mma I still think he can win the title
I don’t wanna be that guy but mate, punctuation. This is unreadable.

The lw div is in a weird spot now...as far as the title goes.
You can't give Nate a shot. You can't give Conor a shot. Poirier doesn't think Chandler deserves a shot just yet, reckons he should fight Oliveira. Yet Poirier wants Nate or Conor. Lol

Maybe do Poirier vs Nate...Conor vs Tony, and Chandler vs Oliveira. And work out which 2 winners of those 3 fights get the title fight.
🤷‍♂️

I was thinking about it, in one way Diaz doesn't deserve it because of the obvious reasons, however does he deserve it as like a legacy shot?
McGregor had won 5 fights at got an interim title shot, he got it off the back of beating Denis Siver lol. He did heat Poirier and Holloway but they weren't half of the fighters they are now.

Also Poiriers next fight has to be for the belt, completely unfair to make him do Hooker, McGregor and then another one like Olivera before the belt.
In fact they should strip Khabib and give it to him now.

Out of all the options, Pourier v Oliveria makes the most sense as of right now.
But I think the UFC should set it up for year for Pourier to have to defend his title again soon after should be beat Oliveria.
Gaethje v Chandler and winner gets a shot at title after that.
Or Chandler made to earn a title shot even longer and fights McGregor next with winner then fighting Gaethje.
Or Chandler v Ferguson

Whatever they do they need to make it a busy schedule so it gives a chance for a number of them to have a shot but as of right now Pourier deserves to be the highest ranked of them with Khabib career over.
He has beat Garthje, Hooker and McGregor and last loss was to Khabib so he has to be ranked the highest. Gaethje and Oliveria have the freshest claims to contend but Pourier has already fought Gaehje which is why Oliveria makes the most sense to me as of right now.
McGregor, Gaethje and Ferguson have all lost their most recent fight. Oliveria won his so I can accept Oliveria getting shot at the title v Porier. His win over Ferguson was very impressive.

Last edited:
In hindsight, if Khabib is retired (which he is) and retired before Conor v Dustin (which he did) Sunday should have been for the strap.

Idiotic from Dana to let Khabib watch to decide if something interested him. Not surprising, but idiotic.
Theres no way that's what happened though. Khabib probably said I'm retired, maybe I fight one day but it has to he special fight.
Then Dana went ok, well let me spin this s**t to keep the news cycle going and said his piece about Khabib.

One performance would never mean s**t, Khabib probably ment something special like Poirier defends the belt 3x in a year or something and people mention him as the greatest etc.

Theres no way that's what happened though. Khabib probably said I'm retired, maybe I fight one day but it has to he special fight.
Then Dana went ok, well let me spin this sh*t to keep the news cycle going and said his piece about Khabib.

One performance would never mean sh*t, Khabib probably ment something special like Poirier defends the belt 3x in a year or something and people mention him as the greatest etc.
My point remains. Khabib retired, Poirier v McGregor should have been for the belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope I never have to read 'spin whip' ever again
I hope Diaz isn't next in line. That is bloody farcical
I hope Poirer is better than to chase easy fights but I guess he knows DoBronx chokes him dead!

I hope I never have to read 'spin whip' ever again
I hope Diaz isn't next in line. That is bloody farcical
I hope Poirer is better than to chase easy fights but I guess he knows DoBronx chokes him dead!
Bit rough on Poirer. He deserves he strap already and wants to take money fights.

I doubt they give Diaz the title shot and I think a McGregor rematch wouldn’t generate much interest straight away.

If they’re not gonna give Dustin the title I actually think they should do Dustin v Oliviera then do a bunch of title eliminators.

Bit rough on Poirer. He deserves he strap already and wants to take money fights.

I doubt they give Diaz the title shot and I think a McGregor rematch wouldn’t generate much interest straight away.

If they’re not gonna give Dustin the title I actually think they should do Dustin v Oliviera then do a bunch of title eliminators.
It's not rough on Poirer, WTF has Diaz done to be in the upper echelon of the division?! Fight any of Chandler, DoBronx, Khabib, Gaethje rematch, Ferg, Jesus even Felder is better than Diaz who has 1 win since 2016 and that was Pettis. Also only 4-5 in his last 9 (dating back 9 bloody years)

DP deserves the title if Khabib is gone, I'm not doubting that. He's lost me a bit even talking about Diaz

Poirier v Diaz wouldn't be for the title.. It's just a fight that has always been on the cards, that both fighters want. It's a fight that would be good to see. Good coin involved for both too.

With Poirier at the top they should wait for it to happen, you could always do it if Dustin fights Chandler and gets beat, or if they do Conor 3 and he loses.

With Poirier at the top they should wait for it to happen, you could always do it if Dustin fights Chandler and gets beat, or if they do Conor 3 and he loses.
Diaz is a fight that's always there but he isn't elite, he isn't active and he's 4-5 in his last 9 dating back 9 years. It makes no sense whatsoever for the new king (if Khabib is gone) to do that fight. Ludicrous

No one does a better job influencing the masses into thinking they're deserving of big fights long after they're not like the Diaz brothers. People have only just stopped calling out Nick

It's not rough on Poirer, WTF has Diaz done to be in the upper echelon of the division?! Fight any of Chandler, DoBronx, Khabib, Gaethje rematch, Ferg, Jesus even Felder is better than Diaz who has 1 win since 2016 and that was Pettis. Also only 4-5 in his last 9 (dating back 9 bloody years)

DP deserves the title if Khabib is gone, I'm not doubting that. He's lost me a bit even talking about Diaz

Thats not the point though. Poirier should already have the strap, if he wants Diaz to get a payday im not sure you can blame him.

If youre options were

Chandler, DoBronx, Khabib, Gaethje for the belt (which he should already have) and $750k

OR

Diaz, McGregor for $1.5m+ which would you take.

Diaz is a fight that's always there but he isn't elite, he isn't active and he's 4-5 in his last 9 dating back 9 years. It makes no sense whatsoever for the new king (if Khabib is gone) to do that fight. Ludicrous

No one does a better job influencing the masses into thinking they're deserving of big fights long after they're not like the Diaz brothers. People have only just stopped calling out Nick

Remeber when Bisping took a GSP fight after he won the title.

We have to remember these guys are also doing a job and trying to maximise their pay day in a very short career.

Remeber when Bisping took a GSP fight after he won the title.

We have to remember these guys are also doing a job and trying to maximise their pay day in a very short career.
I do agree with you but that's a bad example lol, GSP was/is arguably the greatest of all time. That's a pay day and a legacy fight.

Also wasn't Rob injured? Which would have been the actual fight

I do agree with you but that's a bad example lol, GSP was/is arguably the greatest of all time. That's a pay day and a legacy fight.

Also wasn't Rob injured? Which would have been the actual fight
There would have still been a few guys at middleweight ahead of GSP (or Hendo who he also fought).

The main point is dont be mad at Dustin for wanting a money fight, the guy has earned it.

Back