MMA-UFC UFC 259

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Getting in early cause the stacked card will warrant alot of discussion.

Light Heavyweight Jan Błachowicz (c) vs. Israel Adesanya
Women’s Featherweight Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Megan Anderson
Bantamweight Petr Yan (c)vs.
Aljamain Sterling
Lightweight Islam Makhachevvs vs Drew Dober
Light Heavyweight Thiago Santos vs Aleksandar Rakić
Bantamweight Dominick Cruz vs. Casey Kenney
Bantamweight Song Yadong vs. Kyler Phillips
Flyweight Joseph Benavidez vs. Askar Askarov
Women's Flyweight Amanda Lemos vs. Lívia Renata Souza
Welterweight Sean Brady vs. Jake Matthews
Flyweight Tim Elliott vs. Jordan Espinosa
Flyweight Rogério Bontorin vs. Kai Kara-France
Light Heavyweight Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Carlos Ulberg

Take 2 for formatting

Last edited:

probably most excited for yan v aljo, then the main. hope israel gets starched.

no interest in nunes v anderson. can see amanda just walking her down and crushing her.

rakic/santos and the cruz fights also interesting. stacked card from top to bottom.

almost hoping my plans that weekend get cancelled.

Yan v Sterling is my pick of an amazing bunch as well.

Santos v Rakic should be fun and a win for either (but mostly Rakic) puts them back in the title picture. Benavidez and Cruz taking on a couple of talented younger guys should be great as well.

probably most excited for yan v aljo, then the main. hope israel gets starched.

no interest in nunes v anderson. can see amanda just walking her down and crushing her.

rakic/santos and the cruz fights also interesting. stacked card from top to bottom.

almost hoping my plans that weekend get cancelled.

I have a passing interest in watching some of the best do their work. She might wind up in the GOAT convo if she keeps this pace up, you always remember the greats.

Having said that i have a weird fetished crush on Megan and dont wanna watch her get hurt, so im torn.

Best card we've had in a while.

Absolutely, when you have Cruz headlining the prelims it's pretty stacked.

Jan has to be some sort of chance, he seems a pretty big LHW with power to match, loves winning as an underdog too.

I feel Anderson is little to no chance, she's a legit 145 and fights pretty long, but lack of TDD will probably cost her, could get brutal.

Yan v Sterling is interesting, should be a great scrap, not sure who will win.

Absolutely, when you have Cruz headlining the prelims it's pretty stacked.

Jan has to be some sort of chance, he seems a pretty big LHW with power to match, loves winning as an underdog too.

I feel Anderson is little to no chance, she's a legit 145 and fights pretty long, but lack of TDD will probably cost her, could get brutal.

Yan v Sterling is interesting, should be a great scrap, not sure who will win.

Megan also seems to lack the mongrel needed to be a cage fighter, shes just extremely passive in all the fights ive seen, like she just wants to paw at and spar.

Nunes is a killer, absolutley ruthless.

....Pretty erect for this one boys

Benavidez V Askahov and Cruz V Kenney on the undercard is a pisstake, Honestly

Light Heavyweight Jan Błachowicz (c) vs. Israel Adesanya Feel the UFC have done Blachowicz dirty here, Would take Izzy a really dumb move to lose, Blachowicz really isnt the most impressive light heavyweight, but he hits as hard as anyone in the UFC, including heavyweights. So unless Izzy does something stupid and gets his head hooked right off his neck, Adesanya wins and probably moves up hoping to get a shot at Jones
Women’s Featherweight Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Megan Anderson Dumb homer pick. I think Anderson is physically (naturally) the biggest test for Nunes, Going to pick the Aussie
Bantamweight Petr Yan (c)vs.Aljamain Sterling Yan is just too tough, Really want Sterling as he's a personal favourite, hopefully he doesnt come on his ass
Lightweight Islam Makhachevvs vs Drew Dober
Light Heavyweight Thiago Santos vs Aleksandar Rakić Santos, I think being choked out by Gramps was a bit odd. I dont think he was fit
Bantamweight Dominick Cruz vs. Casey Kenney Cruz for me is too classy
Bantamweight Song Yadong vs. Kyler Phillips Big test for Song, Who *Just* Beat Vera
Flyweight Joseph Benavidez vs. Askar Askarov Huge fight for both, Sets either of them for a title fight
Women's Flyweight Amanda Lemos vs. Lívia Renata Souza
Welterweight Sean Brady vs. Jake Matthews
Flyweight Tim Elliott vs. Jordan Espinosa
Flyweight Rogério Bontorin vs. Kai Kara-France
Light Heavyweight Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Carlos Ulberg

Last edited:
Three title fights, a couple of Aussies (plus a Kiwi), legit stars on the undercard, and several fighters who can throw their names right in the title picture (Rakic, Askarov, potentially Maakhachev); pretty ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit bummed won’t get to watch live catching up with a close mate haven’t seen in over a year with our kids
But interested to see Izzys plan to combat the blitz
Jan blitz’s hard then can wrestle or use jujitsu
Does Izzy pivot try to get of the centre line
Or jab leg kick to stop momentum
Jan gets power from short punches Izzy can’t be anywhere near the pocket
Calf kicks to a less Mobil fighter will be on both there minds how does Jan deal with that
Izzy is the best striker to fight in UFC but moving up that far is no joke in boxing you move up a division it’s a couple of pounds
Izzy had a close fight with gasteluem because he had a chin can box and he is a lot shorter than Jan and lighter
Jan can’t let Izzy stay outside so the blitz is where it will be won and lost

Izzy said to Ariel Helwani yesterday don’t be surprised if I weight in at 193pounds.

Seems he hasn’t added any size and does walk around pretty light

Yes I just listened, Jan said he’d be at 220 in the cage. That’s a lot of weight to give away, would be a remarkable win by Izzy if he gets there. That weight difference is making the odds for Jan a lot more attractive to me though...

Yes I just listened, Jan said he’d be at 220 in the cage. That’s a lot of weight to give away, would be a remarkable win by Izzy if he gets there. That weight difference is making the odds for Jan a lot more attractive to me though...
I didn’t mind the reasoning, it does take time to adjust to additional muscle (hence Jon taking time makes sense) but it’s a lot of size.

How could anybody watch this and not be a fan of Megan

And then how could anybody watch this and not be a fan of Jan

Seriously cheering for the underdogs in this one. And not because I have any issue with the favourites.

Will be sad to see Megan get rekt by Nunes, but I honestly believe Jan is a chance.

Surely Israel does not get in the ring 25 lbs lighter than his opponent. That's crazy.

My respect for Israel will go even higher if he actually does that.

Surely Jan just has to risk eating a few punches and put everything into taking him down or at least grabbing him up on the cage. Smaller cage a big advantage here too.

In the unlikely event that Izzy loses, would still love him to take a few more LHW fights, so many more intriguing matchups there against Santos/Rakic etc than anyone at MW

Surely Jan just has to risk eating a few punches and put everything into taking him down or at least grabbing him up on the cage. Smaller cage a big advantage here too.

In the unlikely event that Izzy loses, would still love him to take a few more LHW fights, so many more intriguing matchups there against Santos/Rakic etc than anyone at MW

Yeah the smaller cage is a good point as well. But geez Izzy is a tough puzzle to solve, and no one he's faced by now has been able to really get him on his back, maybe Romero and Gastelum very very briefly, that's about it.

I think that's the plan for Jan though, get him against the cage if he can, lean on him and tire him out. Izzy is very slippery and hasn't looked close to gassing from what I've seen. It feels like it will not be close either way to me: Jan hits him well once and he drops, or it's similar to Izzy/Costa or Izzy/Whittaker.

If Izzy wins just go the whole hog and do Jones at HW straight after. Theyve been jawing at each other for ages now, no better time to do it than if Izzy wins Sunday imo

Would be amazing to see a bloke defend the MW title, win the LHW title and win the HW title in consecutive fights, wouldn't surprise me if that's the plan. I think an Izzy Jones fight wouldn't happen until early 2022 at this point, if Izzy wins and takes a break he might be able to get to 220 ish in a year I suppose, hard to know. He'd need some more weight on his frame though, but I feel Jones would want to beat Izzy on the feet though, so a weight disadvantage may not matter as much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back