MMA-UFC UFC 259

Remove this Banner Ad

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Based on what? Genuine question cause ive never seen any detailed analytics on buy rates by country. UKs population is more than double Aus and id argue they have more combat sports fans than we do (granted that doesnt always translate to PPV buys).

I think Till also has a pretty good profile in the US too, im not sure its bigger than Robs (given ROb was Champion).

I have to say (and its a horrible metric) but i was shocked that Till only has like 200k more followers on Insta than Rob. Assumed it would be way way more.
We do PPV on Sunday arvo, the cards are shown on BT sport (like foxtel) at 3am there and only PPV for Conor basically. Even if cards were PPV there it won't get many buys at that time. We also have big corporate $ for pubs buying PPV, very UFC friendly way we do it...

Social media follows isn't a bad metric in the thought that if someone doesn't follow you for free they won't buy your PPV's. It's why i've always been sceptical of Tim Tszyu PPV, he has like 2k followers on Twitter... But as you say, it isn't the only metric and Rob is pretty popular the world over despite lower SM followers

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
We do PPV on Sunday arvo, the cards are shown on BT sport (like foxtel) at 3am there and only PPV for Conor basically. Even if cards were PPV there it won't get many buys at that time. We also have big corporate $ for pubs buying PPV, very UFC friendly way we do it...

Social media follows isn't a bad metric in the thought that if someone doesn't follow you for free they won't buy your PPV's. It's why i've always been sceptical of Tim Tszyu PPV, he has like 2k followers on Twitter... But as you say, it isn't the only metric and Rob is pretty popular the world over despite lower SM followers

Good shout, i didnt think of the time difference. 5pm card in LA (which they would never do) would still be a Midnight card in London.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Good shout, i didnt think of the time difference. 5pm card in LA (which they would never do) would still be a Midnight card in London.

Yeah the timezone for us is huge I reckon, works great. Would be a bit harder to be a fan if cards were on at 3am, the only real issue I have for watching is bloody kids parties on Sundays.

Stipe by decision for $5 is tempting!

Attachments

• 2840BBAC-6988-4AA8-98D0-994085D24A0B.png
    2840BBAC-6988-4AA8-98D0-994085D24A0B.png
    86 KB · Views: 41
I thought of that too but worried that Francis might gas and get finished that way basically
Francis survived last time on the ground, I see this fight being an exact replay of the first one. Stipe survives the first round and he decisions Francis.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You've been on a roll with UFC bets lately, how do you see this one playing out?

Have you loaded up on any particular outcomes?
nothing super strong in the way of opinions.

Think we probs see a slowish pace with Ngannou not wanting to gas himself out and Stipe not wanting to take risks with the power of Francis.

Stipe might be able to get his wrestling going down the stretch too.

Not loaded up at all just a half unit on stipe dec @ 6.20.

Back