MMA-UFC UFC 260

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Most reports so far are all around 500k for the fight.
Then add fight week incentive pay (30k?) & performance of the night bonus (50k). Possibly a win bonus.
That's what is reported to the NSAC. UFC pay that figure to them, they hold it 30 days then pay the fighters after tests and stuff are passed

The UFC can (and do) pay fighters outside of these disclosed sums and pay it the day of the fight so fighters get money straight away. Any decent manager will have this organised.

Listen to any fighter, what is disclosed is not only what's paid

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, real figures about how much fighter get paid are unknown.

You can find out what they get for showing/winning and bonuses like FOTN, POTN etc.

What you don't find out is PPV point earnings, other bonuses that Dana likes to flick to fighters outside of FOTN/POTN bonuses and now that the Reebok deal is set to finish I'm sure there will be a restructuring of how sponsorships work again.

If I had to guess, I'd say Jones has been getting around 1 to 3 million per fight over his last couple. Could be well off.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Still buzzing over Francis win, he's the closest thing ever to a gorilla being allowed to fight humans. He is so scary, that shot he dropped Stipe with was scary and it's impossible to see how someone can stop him now unless a 300 pound wrestler that can hold him down comes along. Like a Brock Lesnar with better skills

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
God forbid the UFC pay a fighter $5-10M to make $150M...

UFC have already made their money no matter what the fight does though. This is the problem with the current model/deal. It's ESPN who stand to make much more from Francis v Jones as opposed to Lewis. Question is if ESPN are prepared to start coming in over the top to pay fighters.

Still buzzing over Francis win, he's the closest thing ever to a gorilla being allowed to fight humans. He is so scary, that shot he dropped Stipe with was scary and it's impossible to see how someone can stop him now unless a 300 pound wrestler that can hold him down comes along. Like a Brock Lesnar with better skills
Quick, hide before the thought police ban you for a completely innocent comment.

But yeah, I'd rather fight a bear, at least they probably wont follow you up a tree. Not that apes are tree dwellers but you know what I mean.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now Jon Jones has said he's been offered 10 and that's not enough.
Honestly, still agree with him. Equivalent fight revenue in boxing would make him 25+

Andy Ruis made 8m for the first AJ fight. He was a late replacement on 2 weeks notice and wasnt at all a "must see fight". UK PPV market is nothing like north america either

Jones has a point but i think he needs to publicly say what he wants. If that fails the "pub test" then we will know if hes being overly unreasonable

Ngannou made a little more here too. Christ knows what this is all about but good for them

If those are the figures Ngannou is making from those artworks, McGregor would be making a killing if NFTs were a thing a few years ago.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Honestly, still agree with him. Equivalent fight revenue in boxing would make him 25+

Andy Ruis made 8m for the first AJ fight. He was a late replacement on 2 weeks notice and wasnt at all a "must see fight". UK PPV market is nothing like north america either

Jones has a point but i think he needs to publicly say what he wants. If that fails the "pub test" then we will know if hes being overly unreasonable
Yeah and that fight did 700k PPVs.
Jones Ngannou would do well to break a million so I'm not sure how Jones thinks he should be getting Deontay Wilder money as he says.

Back