MMA-UFC UFC 261 - USMAN VS MASVIDAL 2

Remove this Banner Ad

You said he's our most well rounded fighter and said his power gives him the edge over Whitaker. You're massively overrating Crute's striking. His footwork is bad, he has no head movement and doesn't set up his shots well at all. The Brute is a perfect nickname for him right now as he's a physically imposing kid who can ragdoll/KO a lot of guys at 205, but he's got some massive technical strides to make if he wants to get close to what Volk has achieved.

Great card, only soured by the horrible injury to Weidman. Usman again proving the doubters wrong by KOing a guy that he couldn't possibly stand with. Can't wait for him to whoop Covington again.
Settle down unit.
He's going to be our most well rounded fighter is what I was saying.

Weidman injury was ****ed but gee im surprised we dont see more leg injuries really.

Rose headkick KO as big underdog. Fantastic

Usman still not overtaken GSP imo, despite fans recency bias but he will do before hes done. Think he beats colby "easier" in the rematch. Wonderboy, Leon and Chimaev will be his next 3 fights after that. Wins all but should look at 185 to cement legacy?

Crute losing to Cirkunov and Smith isnt a good look. Hes young though, people will forget if he wins a few in a row again but needs to break through that glass ceiling

Usman now the best ever in that division in my opinion.

Colby is the last one left, give him the rematch and if he wins then ****ed I don't even know where you go from here.

Good to see fake Jesus put to sleep, hopefully, we can move on from him being a main event player because he isn't, journeyman who went on a good roll.

Usman now the best ever in that division in my opinion.

Colby is the last one left, give him the rematch and if he wins then f’ed I don't even know where you go from here.

Good to see fake Jesus put to sleep, hopefully, we can move on from him being a main event player because he isn't, journeyman who went on a good roll.

Edwards rematch. If he beats Diaz.
Wonderboy fight. If he beats Burns.

That card was nuts, one of the most violent ones I can remember. Usman looked predictably great, amazing finish by Rose, Shevchenko looked unbeatable, proved a lot by out grappling Andrade like that. Bad luck to Weidman, hope that's not the end for him but at his peak there weren't many better.

And really disappointing for Crute, in hindsight he should have taken it to the ground earlier, Smith was landing that jab well earlier on, I don't think that loss should cost him much though, hopefully a rematch can happen.

If you only watched the main card check out the prelims, not huge names but some great battles, having the crowd there really geed up the fighters I think, lot of reckless abandon out there!

Crute losing to Cirkunov and Smith isnt a good look. Hes young though, people will forget if he wins a few in a row again but needs to break through that glass ceiling
The Smith loss doesn't harm his reputation at all.

It was a doctors stoppage from a ****ed knee, that he still wanted to go out and fight on. If anything it probably helps his reputation as being one tough mother *er.

Also funny that after his knee went, he got two successful takedowns and actually looked better than when he was standing up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usman still not overtaken GSP imo, despite fans recency bias but he will do before hes done. Think he beats colby "easier" in the rematch. Wonderboy, Leon and Chimaev will be his next 3 fights after that. Wins all but should look at 185 to cement legacy?
He has to beat WB, and depending on how he does over the next 12 months, Chimaev, to cement it imo. I mean, who didn't GSP beat? Cleans the division out then comes back 4 years later and wins the middleweight title. I think Usman likely beats GSP, that's just how sport works, people get better; but GSP is still the WW best atm.

Edwards rematch. If he beats Diaz.
Wonderboy fight. If he beats Burns.

Wonderboy is no chance another one of these blokes that are done 2 and 2 from his last 4 fights 38 years old, he is done.

He has to beat WB, and depending on how he does over the next 12 months, Chimaev, to cement it imo. I mean, who didn't GSP beat? Cleans the division out then comes back 4 years later and wins the middleweight title. I think Usman likely beats GSP, that's just how sport works, people get better; but GSP is still the WW best atm.
Yep, this

GSP won or defended the belt 13 times

Usman has done it 5 times

Comparing who would win a fight between them is a bit unfair as the new generations always get better through new science ext. But Usman needs to defend his title a few more times and maybe even go up in weight.

Would love to see Adesanya lose the belt to Whittaker and Usman come up to challenge him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back