MMA-UFC UFC 261 - USMAN VS MASVIDAL 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The Smith loss doesn't harm his reputation at all.

It was a doctors stoppage from a f’ed knee, that he still wanted to go out and fight on. If anything it probably helps his reputation as being one tough mother f***er.

Also funny that after his knee went, he got two successful takedowns and actually looked better than when he was standing up
Yeah Crute probably wanted to put on a show for the crowd but he dominated him in the wrestling looked so strong.

Yeah Crute probably wanted to put on a show for the crowd but he dominated him in the wrestling looked so strong.
Yeah his instagram post pretty much said it is Anzac day and there is no way I am giving up on Anzac day

As a proud Aussie, you can't help but love that s**t!

Yeah his instagram post pretty much said it is Anzac day and there is no way I am giving up on Anzac day

As a proud Aussie, you can't help but love that sh*t!
* oath I loved how he started bashing his chest yelling let's ******* go at the doctor while his leg was ******* collapsing under him.

Still got a huge future has that kid, considering how he held down Smith and then got a second take down with one bloody leg. Maybe he should go to that option first.

Also he doesn't deserve another shot but Masvidal f’ed that up so badly. There's no way he eats that right hand if he's taking Usmans power seriously.

Regardless it's done.
Yeah Masvidal got to cocky on the feet and paid the price

That Ko hit was bloody impressive from Usman though, just pulled Masvidals blocking hand down and hit him swetly

Yeah Masvidal got to cocky on the feet and paid the price

That Ko hit was bloody impressive from Usman though, just pulled Masvidals blocking hand down and hit him swetly
Oh yeah now that Usman has shown that power I don't think anyone beats him. He's like a scarier Khabib. Shame he won't fight Izzy.

Oh yeah now that Usman has shown that power I don't think anyone beats him. He's like a scarier Khabib. Shame he won't fight Izzy.
He was scary on the ground but now he has shown he has KO power the next few guys off the rank are going to be tentative about standing with him too

He was scary on the ground but now he has shown he has KO power the next few guys off the rank are going to be tentative about standing with him too
Yeah it's ****ed but I think he gets Colby out earlier now and then that's it. Unless WBs striking is so far advanced that he can catch him with something

Yep, this

GSP won or defended the belt 13 times

Usman has done it 5 times

Comparing who would win a fight between them is a bit unfair as the new generations always get better through new science ext. But Usman needs to defend his title a few more times and maybe even go up in weight.

Would love to see Adesanya lose the belt to Whittaker and Usman come up to challenge him
Their paths have similarities as well. Both were raw as hell physical freaks who gradually just got better and better - GSP obviously quicker and at a younger age - and answered every challenge until they stood head and shoulders above their division contemporaries. Usman has a good chance to not only beat Anderson's streak, but to finish his career with just the one loss in his second fight. That being said, the way GSP avenged his loss, and in Serra's case, came back even better, adds not diminishes his record IMO.

Also he doesn't deserve another shot but Masvidal f’ed that up so badly. There's no way he eats that right hand if he's taking Usmans power seriously.
He definitely did, but he was also wary of the takedown. The showman types like to pretend their hands are down because they're badass, but Mas knew where Usman's biggest weapon lay. Or he thought he did...

also didn't give enough credit to the girls. How good is Rose? Shes a special fighter. Her footwork looked incredible.
Spot on, she looked excellent. Fluid and crisp, and with a real air of confidence in what she can do. If only Pat Barry would go away.

He definitely did, but he was also wary of the takedown. The showman types like to pretend their hands are down because they're badass, but Mas knew where Usman's biggest weapon lay. Or he thought he did...

Never mind Im listening to Masvidal talk to Ariel
He said he's a fan of Usmans finish and if he keeps it up like that he'll be a fan of him aswell.
Said that he sold him on the takedown and that's why he got it, says he appreciates the beauty of Usmans movement to get him to have his hands low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All lip
Guys a knob
I'm pretty sure he also called out DC, Conor, Nate, Bisping and probably others. Askren was the lucky one who accepted.
Plenty of people had Askren winning easily. Now they're like...Paul should have fought someone decent.
I agree that he's a knob though. A knob that moves from place to place via private jet.

Last edited:
I thought it was precision over power. Jorge was hit as cleanly as humanly possible on the perfect spot, whist his head was turned away from Usman so he couldn't absorb the blow by rolling with it.

That punch was the prefect storm.

Juiceman was swinging wildly at the end of round 1, he was tired and lost his technique.

There's a reason he wanted a rematch with journeyman Masvidal. He knew the threat was low.

There's also a reason why his manager is already trying to play down the rematch with Covington.

Covington tires Juiceman out, this time with no bullshit ref stoppages to let Kumaru rest, and he's in trouble.

If the rematch goes ahead the odds will probably be Covington $2.50, maybe even $3, and I'll be all over it.

Usman could win, of course. He is getting better with every fight. And he is clearly one of the best WWs of all time.

But Covington is a genuine threat and Kumaru and Abdelaziz both know it.

Usman is very dense for a 170 pound fighter and I think that amplifies his skill set.

The potential rematch with Covington now becomes a tougher match for the challenger. Now Covington doesn't know if he'll be getting taken down, strikes or both. The first fight was predominately stand up but given what Usman has done in his last two fights....how does Covington stand in front of him with confidence?

Covington will have to finish the fight to win and I don't see him or anyone else doing that to Usman anytime soon.

Usman is very dense for a 170 pound fighter and I think that amplifies his skill set.

The potential rematch with Covington now becomes a tougher match for the challenger. Now Covington doesn't know if he'll be getting taken down, strikes or both. The first fight was predominately stand up but given what Usman has done in his last two fights....how does Covington stand in front of him with confidence?

Covington will have to finish the fight to win and I don't see him or anyone else doing that to Usman anytime soon.

Gilbert Burns came close to finishing Usman.

Colbys striking is also improving every time he steps inside the octagon.

Juiceman was swinging wildly at the end of round 1, he was tired and lost his technique.

There's a reason he wanted a rematch with journeyman Masvidal. He knew the threat was low.

There's also a reason why his manager is already trying to play down the rematch with Covington.

Covington tires Juiceman out, this time with no bullshit ref stoppages to let Kumaru rest, and he's in trouble.

If the rematch goes ahead the odds will probably be Covington $2.50, maybe even $3, and I'll be all over it.

Usman could win, of course. He is getting better with every fight. And he is clearly one of the best WWs of all time.

But Covington is a genuine threat and Kumaru and Abdelaziz both know it.
100% agree with Usman and his camp wanting the rematch as they knew it was easy. Masvidal is tremendously hyped but his wins were Diaz, Till and Askren. There is nothing special about this run at all but he's popular which legitimised him more than he should have been. He's lost to wonderboy, he loses easily to Colby, I'd back Burns to also beat him. Usman was smart chasing an easy money fight the masses believe to be a real threat, he never was.

Colby is a huge threat to Usman though. The first fight was great and this one will be too IMO. Won't be surprised if Usman and his camp try and get fights with other people to avoid Colby either

100% agree with Usman and his camp wanting the rematch as they knew it was easy. Masvidal is tremendously hyped but his wins were Diaz, Till and Askren. There is nothing special about this run at all but he's popular which legitimised him more than he should have been. He's lost to wonderboy, he loses easily to Colby, I'd back Burns to also beat him. Usman was smart chasing an easy money fight the masses believe to be a real threat, he never was.

Colby is a huge threat to Usman though. The first fight was great and this one will be too IMO. Won't be surprised if Usman and his camp try and get fights with other people to avoid Colby either

Agreed on Masvidal and he's still going to be in demand for sure, both Diaz's would want a crack and if Conor loses to Poirier I can see that one happening too.

Agreed on Masvidal and he's still going to be in demand for sure, both Diaz's would want a crack and if Conor loses to Poirier I can see that one happening too.
Conor v Masvidal would be a good one but don't think they can do it if Conor loses too. 2 guys on losing streaks? No thanks. Diaz trilogy if he loses (or retirement)

If Conor wins I think he goes to 170 anyway (why does he care about Chandler? He doesn't and he knows Olives chokes him dead). Beat DP > Masvidal > title shot could be a pretty realistic option and much bigger fights than 155 without Khabib

Conor v Masvidal would be a good one but don't think they can do it if Conor loses too. 2 guys on losing streaks? No thanks. Diaz trilogy if he loses (or retirement)

If Conor wins I think he goes to 170 anyway (why does he care about Chandler? He doesn't and he knows Olives chokes him dead). Beat DP > Masvidal > title shot could be a pretty realistic option and much bigger fights than 155 without Khabib
McGregor wants the 155 belt again and if he can pull it off......the UFC may get that Khabib/McGregor rematch.

Worth noting that Khabib has still done 2 USADA tests this year.

McGregor wants the 155 belt again and if he can pull it off......the UFC may get that Khabib/McGregor rematch.

Worth noting that Khabib has still done 2 USADA tests this year.
Didn't know about his continued testing. I really thought his retirement will stick but if he's been tested after his last 'dinner with dana' then he'll come back. They said after that he's officially done...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back