MMA-UFC UFC 263

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again, Izzy ducking the Rob rematch by saying he "will be calling the shots" and wants the fight in Auckland.

The chances of having a PPV in Auckland in 2021 are slim to none. Dana White himself said on Submission Radio that until AU/NZ get rid of 2 week quarantine it just won't be happening.

So this effectively gives Izzy a nice excuse to avoid Rob for another 6-12 months.
Pretty clear Whittaker is the only fight to make, don’t think he’s ducking him tbh, Izzy wrecked Whittaker first time around, in a perfect world it should be in Auckland but will most likely be in Vegas or something

Riddell fight and round 5 of Nate/Leonwere great.

Moreno had a fantastic performance. Very nice, humble guy, will be very popular.

Underwhelming main event imo. I dont think Izzy is necessarily ducking a guy hes already beaten, probably negotiating tactic as its the most obvious fight to make. Not a good look though when theres no other fight that makes sense

Good event.

Vettori may be truly delusional, the scenes with his corner between rounds were borderline sad.

Israel is just too good. Might be a cringe lord out of the ring but he is the clear king of MW.

His fake hurt antics at the end of round 5 were pretty funny to me, ngl.

If he could just tone down the cringe factor 20 or 30% he might even be my favourite fighter in the UFC.

The Moreno win was fantastic. Most likeable fighter in the UFC at the moment? Seems genuine.

Credit to Fig for his class after the fact. I've never lost anything close to a world title, can only hope I could be so humble.

Diaz got his ass kicked for 4.5 rounds and then hit one nice combo at the end. His stocks rise.

That shows how much the UFC is an entertainment company first and a sports 'championship' distant second.

People love Diaz, and I honestly don't know why. Was it because he stopped McGregor? Is it the weed?

Is it the 'Stockton' shtick? Is it his brother? Is it the fact he sounds like the main character's son from Breaking Bad?

Whatever it is, I'm glad to see it. I'm not a fanboi but I can't help but like him.

Maia, awesome career, time to ride off into the sunset, surely.

Craig vs Hill, after the trash in the leadup, I was looking forward to this fight the most.

How livid would you be if you bet on the Craig win by submission?

And what was the ref doing? Arm broken / dislocated = fight over. We all make mistakes in our jobs, but mate...

Riddell very impressive, wtf happened with his friend who was 'murdered'? Weird s**t.

Not a WMMA fan but Murphy turned the tables after round 1 and secured a strong win, good to see.

McKinney lol wtf, I was on him to win by KO, that celebration injury though...

Peterson's bjj vs Hooper was surprisingly good, did very well. Looking forward to seeing Hooper continue to improve.

The first fight of early prelims was mad, heavywieghts swinging, I still can't believe it made it to a decision.

As for the commentators, I like Felder, but he still hasn't quite adapted to the PPV big lights with Joe.

The two of them were talking over each other, and as usual, Jon Anik couldn't salvage it on his own.

Anik is good, but when the two color commentators don't work, he seems to get stuck in the quagmire with them.

Felder is still young in his commentary career so I'm sure he will get better.

Another thing, two Linkin Park walkout songs? I'm getting old. We're getting old.

Hard not to like Israel after watching this, the guy seems genuine.

I just put the cringe down to being a black immigrant in a mostly white country, that will make some people strange.

Look past that and he seems like a genuinely good guy to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard not to like Israel after watching this, the guy seems genuine.

I just put the cringe down to being a black immigrant in a mostly white country, that will make some people strange.

Look past that and he seems like a genuinely good guy to me.

I think he has moments that are genuine like in this interview. But then will do some of the cringiest stuff you will ever see that will take away from him. I think he sells well in the american market that loves 'confidence' but in the aust market where we like understated/humble champs he cops a fair bit of hate. Also him flatlining rob who is the perfect ozzy hero makes him easier to hate

Good event.

Vettori may be truly delusional, the scenes with his corner between rounds were borderline sad.

Israel is just too good. Might be a cringe lord out of the ring but he is the clear king of MW.

His fake hurt antics at the end of round 5 were pretty funny to me, ngl.

If he could just tone down the cringe factor 20 or 30% he might even be my favourite fighter in the UFC.

The Moreno win was fantastic. Most likeable fighter in the UFC at the moment? Seems genuine.

Credit to Fig for his class after the fact. I've never lost anything close to a world title, can only hope I could be so humble.

Diaz got his ass kicked for 4.5 rounds and then hit one nice combo at the end. His stocks rise.

That shows how much the UFC is an entertainment company first and a sports 'championship' distant second.

People love Diaz, and I honestly don't know why. Was it because he stopped McGregor? Is it the weed?

Is it the 'Stockton' shtick? Is it his brother? Is it the fact he sounds like the main character's son from Breaking Bad?

Whatever it is, I'm glad to see it. I'm not a fanboi but I can't help but like him.

Maia, awesome career, time to ride off into the sunset, surely.

Craig vs Hill, after the trash in the leadup, I was looking forward to this fight the most.

How livid would you be if you bet on the Craig win by submission?

And what was the ref doing? Arm broken / dislocated = fight over. We all make mistakes in our jobs, but mate...

Riddell very impressive, wtf happened with his friend who was 'murdered'? Weird sh*t.

Not a WMMA fan but Murphy turned the tables after round 1 and secured a strong win, good to see.

McKinney lol wtf, I was on him to win by KO, that celebration injury though...

Peterson's bjj vs Hooper was surprisingly good, did very well. Looking forward to seeing Hooper continue to improve.

The first fight of early prelims was mad, heavywieghts swinging, I still can't believe it made it to a decision.

As for the commentators, I like Felder, but he still hasn't quite adapted to the PPV big lights with Joe.

The two of them were talking over each other, and as usual, Jon Anik couldn't salvage it on his own.

Anik is good, but when the two color commentators don't work, he seems to get stuck in the quagmire with them.

Felder is still young in his commentary career so I'm sure he will get better.

Another thing, two Linkin Park walkout songs? I'm getting old. We're getting old.
I dream of Megan Olivi Vs Heidi Androl....ain't gonna happen but I can dream.

Leon Edwards would get finished inside 2 rounds v Usman

9 wins from his last 10 but who has he really beat to earn a title shot?

Diaz is a fan favorite but not a top echelon fighter, RDA maybe, Cowboy was years past his best and Luque isn't the fighter he is now

Surely there is a psychologist/psychiatrist that can step in and help the poor bloke.
"I didnt even have a hot shower, thats how crazy i am".

Wild stuff, what a menace.

I think its most concerning that he CLEARLY wasnt listening to his coaches, they could not have been any clearer to him that he was losing the fight, granted i dont think they offered him a lot of viable alternatives to change the tone of the fight (i think he is just woefully outclassed) but how on Earth he could have not known he was losing every round heading into the 5th is utterly staggering.

"I didnt even have a hot shower, thats how crazy i am".

Wild stuff, what a menace.

I think its most concerning that he CLEARLY wasnt listening to his coaches, they could not have been any clearer to him that he was losing the fight, granted i dont think they offered him a lot of viable alternatives to change the tone of the fight (i think he is just woefully outclassed) but how on Earth he could have not known he was losing every round heading into the 5th is utterly staggering.

"Im going to go and run, do a 5 mile run"

No youre not mate. Youre going to go and ice your chopped up legs.

Wonder if there comes a point where his coaches dont want him. Or he gets rid of his coaches. Seems like the guy that would blame everyone else but himself for his failures (narcissistic)

"Im going to go and run, do a 5 mile run"

No youre not mate. Youre going to go and ice your chopped up legs.

Wonder if there comes a point where his coaches dont want him. Or he gets rid of his coaches. Seems like the guy that would blame everyone else but himself for his failures (narcissistic)
I always watch the embedded stuff and found Vettori to be completely unlikeable. Granted im a big Izzy fan but Vettori is just so off.

I couldnt imagine his coaches would be thrilled with him just straight up ignoring their advice.

I always watch the embedded stuff and found Vettori to be completely unlikeable. Granted im a big Izzy fan but Vettori is just so off.

I couldnt imagine his coaches would be thrilled with him just straight up ignoring their advice.

Not the biggest fan of Izzy nor his in cage antics, but didn't blame him at all for doing the bum squeeze and feigning at the end of the fight. Quality of the fight was totally on Vettori.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back