Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Thought I would start a thread considering this event is only two weeks away.

Surprisingly a pretty decent card.

MAIN EVENT

Dustin 'The Diamond' Poirier DUSTIN POIRIER Versus Conor 'Notorious' McGregor CONOR MCGREGOR
27 - 6 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw) 22 - 5 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)
MATCHFIGHTERS
Gilbert 'Durinho' Burns
Gilbert Burns
19 - 4 - 0
vs
Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson
Stephen Thompson
16 - 4 - 1
Irene Aldana
Irene Aldana
12 - 6 - 0
vs
Yana 'Foxy' Kunitskaya
Yana Kunitskaya
14 - 5 - 0
Sean 'Sugar' O'Malley
Sean O'Malley
13 - 1 - 0
vs
Unknown Fighter
Unknown Fighter
- -
Michel 'Demolidor' Pereira
Michel Pereira
25 - 11 - 0
vs
Niko 'The Hybrid' Price
Niko Price
14 - 4 - 0
Carlos 'The Natural Born Killer' Condit
Carlos Condit
32 - 13 - 0
vs
Max 'Pain' Griffin
Max Griffin
17 - 8 - 0
Jennifer Maia
Jennifer Maia
18 - 7 - 1
vs
Jessica 'Evil' Eye
Jessica Eye
15 - 9 - 0
Ryan 'The Wizard' Hall
Ryan Hall
8 - 1 - 0
vs
Ilia 'El Matador' Topuria
Ilia Topuria
10 - 0 - 0
Tai 'Bam Bam' Tuivasa
Tai Tuivasa
11 - 3 - 0
vs
Greg 'Prince of War' Hardy
Greg Hardy
7 - 3 - 0
Dricus 'Stillknocks' Du Plessis
Dricus Du Plessis
15 - 2 - 0
vs
Trevin 'The Problem' Giles
Trevin Giles
14 - 2 - 0
Omari 'Wolverine' Akhmedov
Omari Akhmedov
21 - 5 - 1
vs
Brad Tavares
Brad Tavares
18 - 6 - 0
Zhalgas Zhumagulov
Zhalgas Zhumagulov
13 - 5 - 0
vs
Jerome 'The Renegade' Rivera
Jerome Rivera
10 - 5 - 0
Alen Amedovski
Alen Amedovski
8 - 2 - 0
vs
Yaozong 'Totoro' Hu
Yaozong Hu
3 - 2 - 0

Louis Smolka out of the fight with Sean Omalley. Ufc trying to find a replacement.
Saw a Nate Diaz post on facebook earlier saying one of his boys is fighting now.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Price v Pereira is a great fight.
Wonderboy v Burns is good
Main event obviously great but for some reason I'm not as hyped as I probably 'should' be for it
Tuivasa v Hardy is kind of make or break for both guys. They'll both hang around after a loss but hard to see either amounting to anything serious now let alone losing here. Tuivasa late imo
Condit, Tavarez, Hall all decent scraps for different reasons. Should be a good one

md20

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What would have been better was Price & Pereira on the main card instead of Tuivasa & Hardy.
Even better yet, Tuivasa should not be on the card at all.
Even better yet, Tuivasa should not be on the roster.

md20

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It started at the beginning when he was getting all the hype from your casual fight fans because he'd ko'd a few nobody's.
They would then go on to tell you how hes going to be a future champ, and that you knew nothing if you thought otherwise.

I hate using the term 'casual fight fans' as it implies I believe im an expert which is so far from the truth. But that is really what they were.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
What antics has he pulled in his last 2 fights? Genuine question as outside of the actual fights I don't follow much and haven't seen Conor in the news like in the past.
Actually think hes been relatively low key for his last two fights. Its more (for me at least) that hes fought 4 times since 2016 for 2-2 record and his wins were Eddie Alvarez and Donald Cerrone (Alvarez was good at the time at least).

If it wasnt for his enormous persona no one would care about this. When he was rattling off fights (2013-2016) his whole "thing" was pretty cool. If youre gonna talk s**t and be this big brand you gotta have some results to show for it. If he comes out, wins and goes on another run then fine but right now hes a part time fighter and he just doesnt interest me.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm also not all that excited atm, but come Sunday I'll be 100% into the action. Hoping for a nugget W. I'm a big Poirier fan but a nugget W is way more exciting going forward.
Hopefully the presser and weigh-ins have a bit of excitement about them. I have a feeling that Conor will be a bit more chirpy this time.

Back