MMA-UFC UFC 264

Who wins the trilogy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I admit I was one who did, he took the loss to Nate well, I feel like he was pretty humble in victory after the aldo fight (but that’s a hazy memory at best). I think I probably have him a pass after the Khabib fight given how poorly Khabibs team acted for that as well.

Having said all that, they say you learn more about a man’s character in adversity than in victory and this is piss poor. Frankly I hope he fu**s off and takes some shitty boxing matches where the side show is more appealing.
seems to get on well with Ronda, she'll get him a gig with WWE surely...

Feels like McGregor needs to do something different for a while, had a few losses in a row, if he works on business, boxes or wrestles or something he can come back to MMA in a few years and fight Diaz. He's still only young, has copped a few beatings recently though.
He has had plenty of time messing around with this n that in recent times. I hope he returns to mma asap and sticks with it for a solid year or three. As it is he has a year or so on the sidelines.

I'm becoming more and more doubtful that he'll ever return. His body seems just as shot as his mind, and the best way to keep his masses on board (not that he needs them anymore) is the narrative that he would have beaten Poirier in fight 3 without the injury, and he would have beaten Nate in the decider.

I think he returns. His ego won’t let it be.

The injury was a shame really as I think it looked to be a good fight. McGregor silly going to the ground with guillotine but cooped bugger all damage on the ground. 2nd round would’ve been interesting. But even with that, was hard not seeing Poirer win the fight regardless. A damn diamond and genuinely capable of beating Khabib if he wasn’t retired.

The injury was a shame really as I think it looked to be a good fight. McGregor silly going to the ground with guillotine but cooped bugger all damage on the ground. 2nd round would’ve been interesting. But even with that, was hard not seeing Poirer win the fight regardless. A damn diamond and genuinely capable of beating Khabib if he wasn’t retired.
Imo, if he returns it will be for his love of the sport and or perhaps huge money fights.
This injury will test him though. It's a fair way back to top athleticism. Also the fact that he's loaded $$, and risking further serious injuries with a return.
Have to wait and see what happens.

The only way I see Khabib being troubled is by somebody guys that genuinely get quality sub finishes like Oliviera, or Ortega. Guys that you just can't double-leg or the fight's over. Having said that - Khabib is a champion and he'd find a way to overcome that obstacle, just like every other one he's faced.

Can't disagree with your first sentence.

He was being pummelled though. "Bugger all damage" is a crazy comment. Plus having a big dude like Dustin on top and smashing him for half the round wouldn't have been great for Connor's notoriously poor cardio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back