MMA-UFC UFC 265 - Lewis vs Gane - August 7 (Sunday in Aus)

Remove this Banner Ad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nobody has started a thread yet so I thought I might as well.

UFC 265 card as at 6-Aug-2021.png

Lately I have been just downloading the next day, rather than staying up late (I'm in a terrible timezone for UFC).

Those of you in Australia can watch it live on Sunday.

Apart from the women, the main card looks good enough to me.

The rest of the lineup looks pretty ordinary, probably won't bother with them.

Predictions

Gane is priced in as a massive favourite ($1.35 to $3.85) against Lewis. Seems more of a 50-50 to me.

Aldo and Munhoz are basically priced at 50-50. I like Munhoz.

Chiesa and Luque are also priced about 50-50. I have nfi who to pick. Best guess is Luque by finish.

Yadong and Kenney also priced about 50-50. Again I have nfi who to pick. Will probably just go with 'decision'.

It is interesting that three of the five main card fights are priced at basically evens, and the womens is close enough ($2.30 vs $1.70).

The only fight where the markets see a clear winner is the main event.

Buildup

The embeddeds so far have been a little lacklustre imho.

However, both guys in the main event come across as likeable and humble, maybe that is the angle the producers are going for.

Other notes

Joe Rogan won't be commentating this one, afaik this is the first US-based, numbered UFC event he has missed in a long time (?)

He'll be replaced by Dominic Cruz, while Jon Anik and DC retain their usual spots.

The big question

Will Francis Ngannou be in the audience? I haven't heard anything about this so forgive me if I'm out of the loop.

Dana White, Sean Shelby, and whoever else makes these calls, you have to admire their chutzpah.

Willing to turf their new, super-marketable heavyweight champ within months of him winning the belt.

Sends a message to everybody else on the roster: unless your name is Conor MacGregor, you do what you're told, or else.

Ill watch prelims, go do stuff then get back for the last 3 fights.

Gane late stop.
Aldo decision
Chiesa decision

Fiziev is awesome to watch too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aldo got better as the fight went on. Hope he gets a title shot but just not sure if he will with who's infront of him.

Casey Kenney 0-2 since disrespecting Megan Anderson. Love to see it. Hope that little twerp gets cut soon.

Didnt see the fight until the end and the way Kenney was acting i figured he won

Scorecards are read and he lost

Check twitter and everyone says Song won

Begs the question, wtf is Kenney smoking?

No idea how he thought he won, clearly outclassed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back