MMA-UFC UFC 267

EAFB9D06-3CA0-4516-B23D-DFE1824B9A88.jpeg

Shouldn’t have cashed but happy for Glover!

$77…

Was that worth it? You backed Glover to begin with.
I mean, I looked at the fight again when I saw Glover shadow boxing and thought ‘that’s $77 I won’t have when Glover gets murked here.’ Happy to be proven wrong and see Glover take that win and I’ll treat myself to a cake with my coffee today too!

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
$77…

Was that worth it? You backed Glover to begin with.
Aw s**t, I liked his post because I didn't realise he had cashed out.

Damn, dude should have backed himself in.

Was like a nostradamus with those bets.

I still can't believe how easy Glover made it look.

Jan went from Polish Power to Polish Pretzel in a matter of minutes.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Just finished with the replay (after getting through a few of the prelims last night). What an event, somehow actually exceeded expectations.

Prelims - plenty of decisions but plenty of great fights. Murphy looks an awesome prospect.

Ankalaev vs Oezdemir - Volkan looked good early but was one way traffic from there. Ankalaev is seriously good, though I feel size may be an issue as he moves forward.

Chimaev vs Jingliang - Not sure Li was ever a real challenge but Khamzat made it look even easier than expected. Not sure who's next but it may as well be a top guy. Luque or Burns perhaps? Seriously scary guy.

Volkov vs Tybura - As with the rest of the night, this went as expected. Snore.

Makhachev vs Hooker - Again there was a sense of inevitability here but still, Islam looked amazing. Not sure he's up for a title shot yet, but absolutely needs one of the top guys next. Timing should work out well for any combination of the title fight or Gaethje/Chandler.

Yan vs Sandhagen - Amazing fight and as good as Cory looked at times, Petr is on another level. He might just be the best all-round fighter in the UFC right now. Crisp boxing mixed with quick kicks and some unorthodox striking, good tank, great IQ, elite defence, strong grappling and some of the scariest GnP I've ever seen. Good luck to anyone in the division.

Blachowicz vs Teixeira - Even ignoring the surprising ease with which it was done, seeing Glover win the title at 42 is probably going to be the moment of the year. Considering Jan's popularity right now, the love he got this week and everyone's joy at seeing him with says so much about Glover.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Chimaev will hopefully get a #1 contender fight next (Wonderboy? Burns? Whatever it is, quick turn around i hope). If they were smart itd headline on ESPN for free then title shot PPV. Guy can be a star if he isnt already

Back