MMA-UFC UFC 268 - LIVE PBP FROM 09:30 AEDST.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
If Zhang is on roids the what about Usman? Looks like he's in a different class compared to everyone in that division. I just don't see anyone beating him in the next few years.

Maybe Chimaev but he's going to have to fight some higher ranked fighters first and with Usmans takedown defense? Not sure.

Hes got that Tito Ortiz build. No legs. Really thought it was stupid that no one attacks the legs. Colby especially as he has the wrestling to take the risk of his kicks getting caught.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Yea that td attempt in the 4th after he rocked Usman was just brain dead sh*t. And what was his game plan in the first 2 rounds? fighting on the outside against a power puncher with more reach?

Thankfully Usman knocked some sense into him in the 2nd and Colby remembered to actually throw combos and use some head movement.

Usman is good, but he can be hit. Especially if you get him on his back foot like Colby showed rd3 onwards. Khamzat vs Usman can't come soon enough.
I don't know that Usman's IQ was that much better to be honest. Should have come out hard to start round 3 but was weirdly the most tentative he had been the whole fight. Had multiple chances to transition in grappling exchanges and on the fence but chose to exclusively strike. I get that working with Whitman is going to give you confidence in the striking, but he could have put that fight to bed by using all his skills.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
If Zhang is on roids the what about Usman? Looks like he's in a different class compared to everyone in that division. I just don't see anyone beating him in the next few years.

Maybe Chimaev but he's going to have to fight some higher ranked fighters first and with Usmans takedown defense? Not sure.

Exactly and a poor post above. Don’t question China ( sure they got done for the swim team ) if you don’t question other athletes. They are all on some kind of gear . Fine line between supplements and cheating. Even Mike said let them at it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I think gaethje could prove a handful for usman. Target those lower legs.

Colby has heart but his iq is garbage. Had Usman hurt multiple times with the hands and then tries to level change on a guy with 100% defence.

Reminds me of one of the Jones/Cormier fights where Daniel stopped fighting and just was trying to get the takedown out of some wrestling chip on his shoulder.

Nah don't agree

Usman has become so dangerous on the feet especially with his ko power that running in leaves yourself too open. A bit like like Gaethje, you can't become too reckless.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Nah don't agree

Usman has become so dangerous on the feet especially with his ko power that running in leaves yourself too open. A bit like like Gaethje, you can't become too reckless.

Difference between running in recklessly and continuing to strike.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Nah don't agree

Reckless and taking a chance is Justin,s Mo. it’s why we love him. He never plays safe. Top level players in any sport go for it. Love Justin.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
i give Colby credit - he comes to fight. Did he have staph? kind of looked like it

i give Colby credit - he comes to fight. Did he have staph? kind of looked like it
Thought the same thing when I saw his back

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is the consensus this is worth a replay viewing? Chandler v Gaethje fight alone sounds worth the price of the PPV?
First 2 fights were great
Edgar/Vera starts off a little slow but good finish
Rose/China had its moments and very close
Usman/Colby turns out to be quite close/good after being all Usman (to the point early on I thought it'd be really boring)

Great event all things considered.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Is the consensus this is worth a replay viewing? Chandler v Gaethje fight alone sounds worth the price of the PPV?

That fight was one from the Just Bleed gods as expected, just unbelievable. The Burgos fight was after it and was a really good fight in itself but looked kinda tame compared to what happened before it.

Usman was too good but Colby toughed it out, came back into it slightly around 3-4, he's a dickhead but he certainly brings it.

Great performance by Rose too, I'm not sure about her corner though. Pat Barry obviously understands how to motivate her but during the rounds they all seem to yell at once at her, not sure how that helps. And they forgot to put her mouthguard in at the start of a round!

Amazing to see Edgar on the end of a highlight reel like that, hard to believe he's 40 and has dropped two weight classes and still competing.

I have some hopes for Pereira, I'm not sure he'll ever get to Adesanya to KO him again though, feel like he's gonna get wrestle*ed by a Vettori or someone similar.

Back