MMA-UFC UFC 269: Oliviera vs Poirier (December 11, 2021) [Main card 2pm Sunday AEDT]

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet will go down in history as a world champ in two divisions/double champ In two organisations

While Dustin and tony will never hold gold

Both have held the title though

Champions have always been judged harshly unless they have managed to defend their belt. How many times has McGregor defended his belts?
If it was only about talking sh*t then why doesn’t Diaz get any sh*t? Calls himself gangster runs from khazmat

And is now on twitter saying he’s better than Charles and Dustin

All of which has absolutely * all to do with your original comment

Champions have always been judged harshly unless they have managed to defend their belt. How many times has McGregor defended his belts?

All of which has absolutely fu** all to do with your original comment
Interim belts aren’t real titles

If he wants it, he can remain at the top for a while yet. However, he has made multiple remarks in the past 12-18 months about not having the love of the game anymore. Looking at his house in Vegas, he might have reached a point where any loss completely kills off his desire to keep doing it.

Personally I hope he sticks around, because every single top 10 fighter would have a great fight with Poirier.
100% he moves up weight class

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Interim belts aren’t real titles
Neither are undefended titles. Interim belts and undefended titles are the same imo

Dustin offering to donate 20k to a charity of Charlie olives choice
Yeah can't hate either bloke

All of which has absolutely fu** all to do with your original comment
Featherweight belt.....UFC offers Lightweight Belt (Diaz detour).....Eddie Alverz calls him out and fights for Lightweight belt......Floyd Mayweather gives 100M reason why to box him.

Opportunities that every other fighter would take or and coach/manager would encourage their fighter to do so.

The 'never defended the belt' slur is lazy and only comes from resentful types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Featherweight belt.....UFC offers Lightweight Belt (Diaz detour).....Eddie Alverz calls him out and fights for Lightweight belt......Floyd Mayweather gives 100M reason why to box him.

Opportunities that every other fighter would take or and coach/manager would encourage their fighter to do so.

The 'never defended the belt' slur is lazy and only comes from resentful types.
Absolutely most fighters would take the same path but it is a fact that he has never defended a title and therefore are not worth more than someone who has won an interim title

Absolutely most fighters would take the same path but it is a fact that he has never defended a title and therefore are not worth more than someone who has won an interim title

They are though they won world title fights Dustin never has

Yeah, seems like a weird argument.

Imagine saying Melbourne's not defended their premiership so it's not worth anything more than a McClelland Trophy.

Yeah, seems like a weird argument.

Imagine saying Melbourne's not defended their premiership so it's not worth anything more than a McClelland Trophy.
apples and oranges

You can't win an interim premiership in AFL either

I dont think Stringers point is that bad tbh. An undefended belt is only marginally better than an interim title when you think about it. I think theres a case it isnt better...

That said, Do Bronx defended and will choke the next man dead too! Long live the king. Him v Gaethje will be awesome

Pretty good case now for Shevchenko being the WMMA goat.

I know it's only 1 loss, but Shev would never lose a fight in that fashion.
A trilogy would be amazing to watch. I still think she beat Nunes in the 2nd fight, it was obviously very close, but I think she has improved her game more than Nunes has improved hers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back