MMA-UFC UFC 269: Oliviera vs Poirier (December 11, 2021) [Main card 2pm Sunday AEDT]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good case now for Shevchenko being the WMMA goat.

I know it's only 1 loss, but Shev would never lose a fight in that fashion.
A trilogy would be amazing to watch. I still think she beat Nunes in the 2nd fight, it was obviously very close, but I think she has improved her game more than Nunes has improved hers.
Can't disagree. Nunes has the size and power advantage but Shev has her covered everywhere else.

Pretty good case now for Shevchenko being the WMMA goat.

I know it's only 1 loss, but Shev would never lose a fight in that fashion.
A trilogy would be amazing to watch. I still think she beat Nunes in the 2nd fight, it was obviously very close, but I think she has improved her game more than Nunes has improved hers.

I heartily disagree. Not only does Nunes arguably have the deeper resume, she's been the best at two weight classes (I know there's * all in FW) and beaten Shevchenko twice. Valentina is a great fighter but she's still number 2 Women's GOAT. (or even Cyborg must be up there somewhere)

I heartily disagree. Not only does Nunes arguably have the deeper resume, she's been the best at two weight classes (I know there's fu** all in FW) and beaten Shevchenko twice. Valentina is a great fighter but she's still number 2 Women's GOAT. (or even Cyborg must be up there somewhere)
Thats fair. You can definitely make arguments on both sides. Thats also why a 3rd fight would be so interesting, it would settle that argument.
Nunes definitely has the better resume, but her actual skill set is inferior imo. There has to be a P4P element attached to, Amanda is 3 inches taller and probably a good 15kg heavier walking around.

You toad us good.
r0qdNQF.gif

My only regret is not putting more on Olives by sub, it was paying $4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back