MMA-UFC UFC 270

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy that Francis won. He deserves to be champ for a while.

Gane was a terrible match up for him, but he managed to get it done ugly.

I think most other people in the division Francis will walk through. Especially with a fully healed knee.

I'm confident he will re-sign with the UFC eventually. As Ariel says, history shows that few fighters actually walk away from the UFC at the peak of their powers. The deals get made.
Im not so sure he does. Whilst he wont beat any top 20 boxers (probably not even top 50 really), he could make a ton in 4-6 rounders while "building up" then get a cash out fight for even bigger money

Hope he stays in the UFC but he could make more going to boxing. We know the UFC is cheap...

The anti-Dana memes and s**t-talking on reddit are glorious.

With everybody hyping on Cyril and saying 'either Francis KO or Cyril by dec', I had a feeling it would be something different.

Overall an enjoyable card, the fights I watched anyway.

Francis is a genuine rare talent of a man. Fighting IQ keeps improving. Speaks English very well after just a few years.

Cyril will be back, only a matter of time until he gets another chance.

The sooner they get rid of DC from the commentary the better. Just gets worse and worse.

Anik also seemed quieter than usual but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

I agreed with the judges decisions in the two main fights, not sure why so many people seem to be questioning the scorecards.

Only three weeks until UFC 271, hopefully Dana comes out hiding before then.

Francis will not stay in ufc. He's a good dude.. a respectful guy.
Go make a shipload of coin while you can. Even if it's only from one or two fights.
Isn't there something in the contract that say a champion automatically has to stay with the UFC for 12 months or something?

Isn't there something in the contract that say a champion automatically has to stay with the UFC for 12 months or something?

On r/mma the story which seems to be accepted fairly widely is that Francis is free from December.

They're saying he signed a five-year contract at the end of 2017 and yesterday's fight was the last on the contract.

I don't know if this is true, but it seems to be the commonly accepted narrative on r/mma

And there is some other evidence:

If this is the case, it means Dana and his team have the rest of the year to come to terms with Francis' team.

The fact that Dana hightailed out of there as soon as the fight was over, didn't even present the belt, suggests relations are very frosty.

Last edited:
I don’t know what Dana would have preferred, Francis winning by stunning KO or the way he did. I mean at least with a ko win there would be a bit more momentum.

I’d still be really surprised if he goes, I mean it just seems a bit odd. I hope they can agree to something because his relatively good ppv ability and stature in the sport.

I guess you’ve got the Francis v Jones proposition there, bit of a mare for the ufc, two guys who seem to seriously price themselves strongly.

Ill probably watch it still. But francis would get embarassed by fury, Gane avoided him easily and Fury can lean on Ngannou and clinch him. He wouldnt be able to move by the 5th round.

Ill probably watch it still. But francis would get embarassed by fury, Gane avoided him easily and Fury can lean on Ngannou and clinch him. He wouldnt be able to move by the 5th round.
Of course he would.

He'd get embarrassed by Pulev, Takam, Povetkin, and even Hughie Fury. You'd have to go onto the 2nd page of boxrec rankings to find someone he would beat in a 10 rounder but he'd get paid properly to do it at least...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are we already talking about interims haha
Champion out of contract and the UFC is so pissed of with him that the president didn't even turn up to hand him his belt

Add in the fact that they had an interm heavy weight belt just 5 months after Ngannou won it last year.

Pretty ******* simple isn't it?

It's 2 days after the fight, they're hardly planning the interim fight now and Ngannou is contracted until December. If he's stripped, he's a FA which I doubt they'll do.

I dont think anyone is going to pay to see a boxing match between Fury and a guy who got out-struck by Cyril Gane

However would Bellator get close to Francis' UFC pay of 600k a fight, Add the sponsors and maybe the agreement he can try to box Fury it might be worth holding out till december

I dont think anyone is going to pay to see a boxing match between Fury and a guy who got out-struck by Cyril Gane

However would Bellator get close to Francis' UFC pay of 600k a fight, Add the sponsors and maybe the agreement he can try to box Fury it might be worth holding out till december
The UFC offered Ngannou more than 600k on his new contract mate, the money wasnt the issue. Its that he wants to be under contract with the UFC and also have a boxing fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back