MMA-UFC UFC 271

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect the Aussies at the top of the card are going 0-2. Hope I'm wrong.

What do you guys make of Rob's 'I wasn't mentally right in the first fight' shtick?

Seems to me like he is not giving Israel enough credit.

I know I'll get flamed for this but I am almost at the point of not caring who wins.

For their first fight, I was on Team Knuckles 100%, but since then, Israel has grown on me.

And Rob seems like a good dude but there's something about his shtick lately I've grown tired of.

What do you guys make of Rob's 'I wasn't mentally right in the first fight' shtick?

I know I'll get flamed for this but I am almost at the point of not caring who wins.

For their first fight, I was on Team Knuckles 100%, but since then, Israel has grown on me.

And Rob seems like a good dude but there's something about his shtick lately I've grown tired of.
I've grown tired of the word shtick tbh

Go listen to most of his interviews, he gives a lot of credit to Israel

I don't know about mentally right, I felt like he could have changed his game plan a bit when it wasn't working, though I'm sure that's hard to do in the heat of battle. If that blitz gameplan came off he'd look like a boss, instead he got countered and looked silly.

I disliked Adesanya before the fight, hard to hate on him after that performance though. I've heard him talk a lot since, he seems like a quirky nerd really but he's pretty genuine I think, and I do enjoy watching him fight.

In the lead-up to the first fight he said he was drained from it all but i don't put too much stock in it.

He needs to grapple to win, he isn't winning a straight kickboxing fight with Izzy. Even the threat of a TD will open up his striking. Not fussed who wins though, Izzy is a good champ, stays active and is mostly fun to watch.

Lewis only really loses to the elite but he's getting old and he's been outstruck by strikers - Hunt, Volkov, JDS, Gane etc but I think they're all better strikers than Tai. This is a pretty good fight though and again, I'm not too fussed who wins as I like them both. It's probably better if Tai wins for fresh matchups in the top 10 though

Think Cannon stops Brunson and Bobby Green wins.

Already sick to the pit of my stomach with nerves thinking about this fight.

I don't think Rob can overcome the reach and speed of Issy, but I just hope he puts on a better account of himself this time.

It's just one of those nightmare match-ups stylistically for him.

Honestly, how can you not love this guy?

He's a genuine personality in world full of banality.

Way more intelligent than people give him credit for, too.

Can't see a path to victory for Whittaker unfortunately. Big height and reach advantage for Israel, and not sure what Whittaker can do to ensure a different result from the last fight.

Please find that chin, Reaper!
Lets Go Sport GIF by UFC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** this is going to be a nervous wait this week. Really hoping Rob can go better this time, I just can't see him winning, I hope I'm wrong.

And Tuivasa v Lewis is going to be very entertaining that's for sure, I'd love Tai to get there as well but I feel he might get outclassed.
Nailed it straight up I think. I'm expecting better from Rob but hard to see how he actually wins it. Fairly confident Tai goes to sleep but would absolutely love to be wrong.

Few entertaining fighters scattered throughout the card, but not many high stakes outside the co-mains.

Honestly, how can you not love this guy?

He's a genuine personality in world full of banality.

Way more intelligent than people give him credit for, too.

Pretty easily, he cant go 4 seconds without bringing up twitter trolls or journalists opinions from 5 years before even for the most part hes received nothing but praise from every single corner of the MMA community.

I think hes completely insufferable and would love nothing more than to see him face down on the canvas.

I also think Tai is a big chance against Lewis, if he picks him apart with leg kicks early he might be able to get Lewis struggling to move.

Been a while since ive been interested in a card tbh.

Cmon rob, although i cant see it happening

Interested in this though right, even has sneaky fights like the bobby green one and that guy would fight a bear if it was it or him for a UFC win bonus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back