MMA-UFC UFC 272

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Louisiana Swamp Trash made me genuinely lol the first time I heard it.

Marty Fakenewsman and Street Judas are also quality imho.

'I'm Donald Trump's favourite fighter' lol

I never got the hate for Colby, to me he has always been a funny character, so long as you don't take it seriously.

Maybe that's the problem, some folks just take it all too seriously. It's entertainment, folks. Show business.
No issue with anything he says until he brings peoples children into it. Imagine going to school as a young kid then everyone is picking on you because of what a grown man said on TV about you. That's a proper POS move imo.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
No issue with anything he says until he brings peoples children into it. Imagine going to school as a young kid then everyone is picking on you because of what a grown man said on TV about you. That's a proper POS move imo.
But you're ok with Masvidal saying he wanted to leave Colby in critical condition might not make it, how do you think that makes his family feel.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
The two are not even comparable.
Obviously bringing kids into it is different to physically threatening the actual person you're about to step inside a cage with.

I'm not bothered by name-calling or having a go at looks, nationality, the fighter's personal problems, religion (though I know this one is contentious) etc, but leave race and family out of it. It's not exactly the faintest line.

Edit: Meant to quote Topkent but you get it.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He didn't s**t talk the kids, he said Masvidal was a terrible father.
You guys are hypocrites.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
All you gotta do is look at the difference between Usman the first time and the second time he fought Colby. First time he was mad and going toe to toe, second time he was laughing more then the crowd. Usman gets it.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You really think Dustin Poirier's or Jorge Masvidal's kid is going to get picked on at school?

Last edited:

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
You really think Dustin Poirier's or Jorge Masvidal's kid is going to get picked on at school?
You think they wont just because their Dads are fighters? Don't think kids would say "he's not your real Dad" to them?
Regardless of whether you think it's wrong or right you're pretty ignorant to think it wouldn't happen.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You think they wont just because their Dads are fighters? Don't think kids would say "he's not your real Dad" to them?
Regardless of whether you think it's wrong or right you're pretty ignorant to think it wouldn't happen.
The kids 5. 5 year olds arent watching Colby press conferences. Plus it doesnt make any sense what your saying, if Colby said hed kill poirier why wouldnt Poiriers kids get bullied for that? Maybe Poiriers kids the bully. Maybe Colbys nephew gets bullied because Masvidal said some mean things.

I think thats a ridiculous argument personally.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
They probably aren't going to see but people are really defending someone berating a 5-year-old on national TV?

Come on. It was a s**t move regardless of whether you like Colby or not

It really isn't hard to see that's not necessary even in hyping a fight

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
They probably aren't going to see but people are really defending someone berating a 5-year-old on national TV?

Come on. It was a sh*t move regardless of whether you like Colby or not

It really isn't hard to see that's not necessary even in hyping a fight
Colby didn't berate a 5 year old lol

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Semantics. Just willfully ignoring what decent people would point out as maybe not the best thing to do just to argue
Not really semantics, you claimed he was berating a 5 year old on TV, which clearly didn't happen, just to paint him in a certain light.. No one is arguing for the sake of arguing..

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Semantics. Just willfully ignoring what decent people would point out as maybe not the best thing to do just to argue
I don't even understand your point? You made up something that happened as justification. Colby didn't berate a 5 year old. So it doesn't matter?

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
B
Not really semantics, you claimed he was berating a 5 year old on TV, which clearly didn't happen, just to paint him in a certain light.. No one is arguing for the sake of arguing..
Berating wasn't the right word. What people are (rightly) saying, is why bring a child up at all. it's clearly wrong/stupid/unnecessary

How difficult is that to get lol

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
B

Berating wasn't the right word. What people are (rightly) saying, is why bring a child up at all. it's clearly wrong/stupid/unnecessary

He's created a persona.. in which he wants everyone to hate amd despise him. Which leads to everyone wanting to see him get his arse kicked... which leads to people wanting to spend money to watch him get his arse kicked...

Back