MMA-UFC UFC 273

Remove this Banner Ad

Khamzat will be number one contender after the Leon vs Usman (assuming Usman wins) fight so will he want to risk taking another fight? If not it could be more than a year between fights. I don't see Dana making a Colby vs Khamzat fight as if Colby was to win he'd be in a position where he might have to give Colby another fight against Usman which no one is interested in.

As someone said, winner of Belal vs Vincente probably makes the most sense

Khamzat will be number one contender after the Leon vs Usman (assuming Usman wins) fight so will he want to risk taking another fight? If not it could be more than a year between fights. I don't see Dana making a Colby vs Khamzat fight as if Colby was to win he'd be in a position where he might have to give Colby another fight against Usman which no one is interested in.

As someone said, winner of Belal vs Vincente probably makes the most sense
Dana already said it’s colby vs khazmat winner to face champion

Anyone else reckon they’re better fighters from just watching UFC? I reckon I’d belt most blokes purely from my extensive viewing of the sport. Like if I got into the octagon with a guy that had the same height, weight and reach as me and was also of a similar fitness level but he had limited viewing of the sport, I’d do him pretty comprehensively. Discuss.

Just finished watching, another clinical display by Volk. Zombie is always a challenge to put away but he did it nicely.
May have to go up another division to get a real challenge now.

Anyone else reckon they’re better fighters from just watching UFC? I reckon I’d belt most blokes purely from my extensive viewing of the sport. Like if I got into the octagon with a guy that had the same height, weight and reach as me and was also of a similar fitness level but he had limited viewing of the sport, I’d do him pretty comprehensively. Discuss.

I reckon your a ******* idiot who'd get his head slapped around by a paraplegic.

Yep I agree, and I'm basically the same dimensions as the bloke in my av, so I'd have a good war with him based on my copious amounts of MMA viewing.

Onto more serious matters, Volk was very dominant yesterday. Great stoppage by Herb Dean, Zombie was done, his corner shouldn't have sent him out for the fourth.

I thought Yan was unlucky but it was very close, did see three clear rounds for him though. Sterling v Dillashaw I think was going to be next, I'd have to favour Sterling.

Khamzat was impressive, really with the step up he was taking it was a great performance. He fought like what he is: an MMA talent who is very raw. He still managed to grind out a win against number 3 ranked, I feel like he's still going to be a dominant champion.

I heard a good fact during the week: Khamzat only heard of MMA when he watched Aldo v McGregor, that wasn't very long ago!

Oh know my phone stuffed up auto correct 🤣 what you wrote is still incredibly ******* stupid. I dare you to walk into a gym tomorrow and say you've been watching UFC I'm good at fighting now 👍
Autocorrect. Sure 😎
I’m booked in for BJJ lessons at Dominance this week. Will probably own a lot of the blokes that have been training there for months straight up.

Well there you go. Not sure many people would be tuning in to watch Colby vs Usman again.
What?

2 super close great fights, much more entertaining than watching Usman wipe the floor with other bums

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What?

2 super close great fights, much more entertaining than watching Usman wipe the floor with other bums
Super close? I consider super close results fights that could have gone either way. How are any of the other ranked fighters bums when Colby hasn't even fought anyone in those spots (outside of Jorge)?

Colby fans are the new Conor fans.

Super close? I consider super close results fights that could have gone either way. How are any of the other ranked fighters bums when Colby hasn't even fought anyone in those spots (outside of Jorge)?

The first one was 2-2 going into the last round the second one was 3-2 with Colby coming home stronger

If you don't think they were close fights then you have no ******* clue

Autocorrect. Sure 😎
I’m booked in for BJJ lessons at Dominance this week. Will probably own a lot of the blokes that have been training there for months straight up.
I think this is the thread for you:

The first one was 2-2 going into the last round the second one was 3-2 with Colby coming home stronger

If you don't think they were close fights then you have no ******* clue
So the other ranked fighters are all bums because he lost twice? Dear lord. One of the judges had it 49-46 by the way and two of them gave the last to Usman but you know.

I think this is the thread for you:

Unlike this bloke, there is no urgent need for me to learn MMA. The only downfall if I don’t learn MMA is that my natural talent will go to waste. The foundation is there to build a professional fighter. I have been following the sport for ten years, I have a very high fight IQ and I am athletically gifted. That, and I am slightly concerned Topkent wants to coward punch me, so I may need to learn self defence.

Unlike this bloke, there is no urgent need for me to learn MMA. The only downfall if I don’t learn MMA is that my natural talent will go to waste. The foundation is there to build a professional fighter. I have been following the sport for ten years, I have a very high fight IQ and I am athletically gifted. That, and I am slightly concerned Topkent wants to coward punch me, so I may need to learn self defence.
But you've already surpassed MMA and gone straight to training UFC. That's the elite stuff right there.

Your years of concentration whilst sitting on the couch observing others fight have made you into a deadly weapon. You've been trained to an elite degree without even knowing it. IF I was you I'd just skip the training and go straight to a pro debut.

Unbeknown to you the UFC is your very own Mr Myiagi.

They were definitely fairly close and much more competitive fights than Usman has had against anyone else. And I ####en hate Colby and want him to get decapitated every fight.

Colby almost beat Usman in the second fight. Usman is not as untouchable as people make him out to be. Khamzat with more discipline will take him out.

So the other ranked fighters are all bums because he lost twice? Dear lord. One of the judges had it 49-46 by the way and two of them gave the last to Usman but you know.
C'mon mate they were probably the 2 most competitive fights of Usmans career outside of his early days. I'd watch them fight any day.

Am I the only one who was shocked when Sterling was announced the winner? Thought Yan handled him pretty well. Second and third round were clear to sterling

Am I the only one who was shocked when Sterling was announced the winner? Thought Yan handled him pretty well. Second and third round were clear to sterling
First round was as 50/50 as you can get, strikes to Sterling and cage control to Yan and round 5 was Yan’s.

You're certainly not the only one, but I had Sterling personally. The fans seem to have heavily favoured Yan, while the media is in line with the actual result. This fight under the the half-point system might have been interesting.

I think Sterling could monster Dillashaw. He's a huge bantamweight and I think he'll be able to man-handle a semi-clean TJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back