MMA-UFC UFC 274

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry for the dodgy formatting but big card this weekend literally, 15 fights is about as big as a card gets.

I'll back Oliveira and Rose to retain their titles and I think Chandler v Ferguson looks much like Gaethje v Ferguson. Couple of fun veteran fights to open the main card too.

ufc.jpg

I think Gaethje wins. I also get rubbed the wrong way a bit by Rose, so I hope she doesn't win (but I'm pretty sure she will).

I think Gaethje wins. I also get rubbed the wrong way a bit by Rose, so I hope she doesn't win (but I'm pretty sure she will).
If Oliviera can get through the first round and a half he will submit him I redckon

Going Oliveira and Rose in the main events. Can see Charles getting slept but he appears to have entered that space where everything is on point including his mindset and gameplans.

Not much long term interest out of the rest of the card tbh. A Chandler win at least allows him to continue with some fun fights. Brown vs Khaos and Royval vs Schnell should be good fights.

Can see Charles getting slept but he appears to have entered that space where everything is on point including his mindset and gameplans.
Except make weight.

Obviously terrible for Charles, both for the mindset and physically, but hopefully doesn't have implications on match ups. Islam vs Oliveira is a match up I really want to see sooner rather than later, title on the line or not.

That's so annoying.

Olives strangles him I think, him v Islam for the vacant belt?

Hopefully don't try to weasel Conor in
Dana will probably try Conor v Diaz for the vacant title is Charles wins

I wish Charles got the same treatment on the scales that Khabib had in his final fight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently there's a bit of controversy around Oliveira's weigh-in.

UFC issued scales that they were given to weigh outside of the official weigh-ins wasn't calibrated the same as the official scales.

Not the first time it's happened.

Last edited:

- Due to the weight miss, Oliveira will forfeit a percentage of his purse.

- the championship will only be on the line for Gaethje.

- If Oliveira wins, he will be the number one contender for the vacant Lightweight Championship and will fight the next challenger for the undisputed title belt at a time and place to be determined.

I shall try to squeeze in some kayaking at crack of dawn and get back for the 8am start

The thing about weight cutting is a contradictory mess IMO. Should be no difference between title and non title fights.

Clearly has nothing to do with fighter health for either the fighter cutting weight or the other.

If he's legit missed missed weight then there needs to be a penalty, however I agree with that post by Burge earlier about the same treatment as Khabib. Not beyond UFC to pull shady s**t.

Yeah I just saw that shitty news. He has come down with some illness. He'll be spewing..perhaps in more ways than one.
Yeah for him to pull out it must be pretty bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back