MMA-UFC UFC 275 | Glover vs Jiri | June 11, 2022 (Starts midday Sunday Aus)

Remove this Banner Ad

Santos in my mind has only won Round 03.

Shevchenko was in a serious body triangle and on her back in Rounds 01 and 02. Santos did well to get the positions, but Shevchenko was completely and utterly butchering her head the entire time in a complete disadvantage of a position.

Am I missing something with all this favourable commentary for Santos? I do not see how she (Shevchenko) loses this on a decision.
Shows the subtlety in grappling dominant fights and the difficulty in judging them, especially with judges who have no idea.

In my view, Shev likely wins 3-2, but should walk away feeling very lucky.

49 46
emoji848.png
ok.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I question that too but Hate saw it that way I think, would be interesting on a rewatch

Never leave it to the judges in boxing/ mma
Think Santos should of engaged more in stand up, she definitely deserves another shot.

I question that too but Hate saw it that way I think, would be interesting on a rewatch
I do not mean to suggest that the fight was in no way close or that Santos was completely outclassed, but in real time I was just thinking that Santos did well to get Shevchenko in to dangerous positions, but that she was just doing no damage or posing any real threats (rounds 1 and 2) while Shevchenko was butchering from those dangerous positions. Not just punches thrown for the sake of it either. All connected - at some point in the third I think I read that on the live statistics, Shevchenko was going at 100% on strikes too?

Will probably re-watch it, but think I will ultimately come to the same conclusion.

I think Santos will be around the mark in the future. A rematch likely at some point.

I do not mean to suggest that the fight was in no way close or that Santos was completely outclassed, but in real time I was just thinking that Santos did well to get Shevchenko in to dangerous positions, but that she was just doing no damage or posing any real threats (rounds 1 and 2) while Shevchenko was butchering from those dangerous positions. Not just punches thrown for the sake of it either. All connected - at some point in the third I think I read that on the live statistics, Shevchenko was going at 100% on strikes too?

Will probably re-watch it, but think I will ultimately come to the same conclusion.

I think Santos will be around the mark in the future. A rematch likely at some point.

From what I’m seeing on Sherdog and Twitter opinions vary widely on this fight, quite a few see it 49-46 so you’re not wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back