MMA-UFC UFC 276: Adesanya v Cannonier

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Big card this weekend lads, hoping Adesanya and Volk retain their belts, I think both should be right. Strickland v Pereira could be boring if Sean is winning, Pereira is a killer though and Izzy needs a new matchup, he could get a title shot with a win here.

I think O'Malley is a star, he has great striking and mixes it up well. Card is pretty deep for mine too, should be a good afternoon (and thank * our family trip to Healesville on Sunday has been cancelled ha ha)

ufc-276-2.png

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Agree with your assessments in general interloper. I think Izzy, Volk, O'Malley and Strickland all win decisions. Hoping Peireira puts Strickland to sleep though.

Riddell vs Turner is a banger, and looking forward to seeing development in Garry (overrated) and Muniz (underrated).

Just rewatched Volk v Max 1

On replay Volk definatly won that either 49-46 or 48-47

Volk clearly rounds 1,2 & 5

And 3 & 4 could go either way

And tbf Comiers dickrubbing makes it sound like 1 50- -44 Holloway win

Last edited:

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Just rewatched Volk v Max 1

On replay Volk definatly won that either 49-46 or 48-47

Volk clearly rounds 1,2 & 5

And 3 & 4 could go either way

And tbf Comiers dickrubbing makes it sound like 1 50- -44 Holloway win
I watched it the other day and had it 50-45. Find it weird when people use strike differentials to justify holloway winning the second fight but ignore volk outstriking Max easily the first fight (not talking about you)

I watched it the other day and had it 50-45. Find it weird when people use strike differentials to justify holloway winning the second fight but ignore volk outstriking Max easily the first fight (not talking about you)
Yeah re watching it, it was a much more dominate victory than I remember it being at the time

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

At the time (I haven't rewatched) I had Volk winning the first fight 50-45. It kind of shows how flawed the scoring system is though, he wasn't winning rounds by much but I thought he won them all, on the scoreboard it looked like a trouncing though.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
49-46 for me, last round to Holloway. A superb and intelligent performance.

2nd fight was much harder to judge. Holloway takes 1 and 2, Volk 3 and 4. No idea the 5th. Not a robbery by any means.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Just noticed Dricus Du Plessis is on this card as well. Been looking forward to seeing him again for a while now. Serious fighter who could be a legit star if he gets a run on. Tavares a good test for him as well.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Is Strickland the new Bisping?

He's genuinely funny sometimes, he does go a bit over the line of decency on Twitter sometimes but he was gold in this presser.

He's probably going the Chael Sonnen route: really good fighter but pretty boring so is entertaining on the mic to be a draw.

Back