MMA-UFC UFC 276: Adesanya v Cannonier

Remove this Banner Ad

Volk vs Charles for the 155 title.
Book it!
In Australia or GTFO Dana White.
Card was s**t today. Did not pay for or even bother to watch.
Fair enough, credit due to keeping the sport and business going in pandemic but it time to open up more.
Volk fighting only in USA is bullshit. Time to get a card down here and a ******* good one or I will lose interest in following.

Nah i think he counters and wins a striking battle tbh. Pitter patter on the outside with few risks but wins a close/boring decision

I just look at it like Izzy has been training MMA a lot longer than Perieira has. In standup (kickboxing) we’ve seen what can go down between these guys. He doesn’t like to gamble or take big chances so wrestling is clearly the best percentage play for him and Eugene. Might have shades of Ngannou/Gane with how it would go down.

What do they do with Max now? No one wants a rematch with Ortega or kattar, the UFC will probably try to keep Allen away just to get a fresh face for the title, he would destroy Emmett. Yair 2 maybe?

Send him back in a time machine to fight prime Aldo.

Seriously nothing else to accomplish at 145.

Re Israel, is it a coincidence that so many of his opponents, even when challenging for a title, refuse to attack him?

He works them out and gets them scared, they don't want to end up like Whittaker (1) or Costa on the canvas.

Is it boring? Yeah, a little bit. I have already seen him do this to several fighters, don't need or want to see it again.

But it will keep happening. Adesanya recently signed a seven-fight contract iirc, he isn't going anywhere.

Israel's team took a risk in going up to LHW, it didn't work out, now they will tread water at MW for a while, collecting cheques.

I say good on 'em. Winning the game.

(I was watching on delay so it was easy for me to just skip through the fight once I realised it was a snoozer).

Was Volk really that good, had he improved as much as people are saying, or has Holloway simply lost it?

I say the latter. The cliff looks steep for that man, it will be sad to see.

Pereira looks legit. But then again, what was old mate thinking? Shame his fight IQ isn't up there with his presser trash talk.

Final thing, I know I go on about this all the time, but DC is a horrendous commentator.

I watch a lot of sportsball, and he is the worst commentator of any organisation or any sport I watch.*

*Not including token females, especially in golf / tennis / cricket, they can be woeful as well.

And he is getting worse by the month.

At the point now where he never shuts up, constantly interrupts the other two, it's a disaster.

If he could just stick to talking about wrestling, maybe talk 20% of the time tops, it would be okay.

On this card it felt like he took over as the centre / play-by-play, and Joe / Anik were his guests for special comments.

At what point do Joe or Anik have a man to man with him and tell him this s**t has gone too far?

Clearly Dana / ESPN aren't going to do it. They are ruining every card they put this guy on.

Gotta respect Max even more for his comments after the fight

As for Adesanyas' boring fights, he can eat a dick. Before the fight he talks about killing dudes blah blah, then does nothing and says its because the wont attack him, that would be fine if he didn't talk his s**t. When Woodley pulled that s**t Dana White killed him for it, but because the knob has a cool nickname he gets praised for it

Isn't there a stat floating around where he has the lowest finishing % of any current FC champion.

He is the opposite of an Usman. Was boring as * but as he progresses gets more and more exciting

Re Israel, is it a coincidence that so many of his opponents, even when challenging for a title, refuse to attack him?

He works them out and gets them scared, they don't want to end up like Whittaker (1) or Costa on the canvas.

Is it boring? Yeah, a little bit. I have already seen him do this to several fighters, don't need or want to see it again.

But it will keep happening. Adesanya recently signed a seven-fight contract iirc, he isn't going anywhere.

Israel's team took a risk in going up to LHW, it didn't work out, now they will tread water at MW for a while, collecting cheques.

I say good on 'em. Winning the game.

(I was watching on delay so it was easy for me to just skip through the fight once I realised it was a snoozer).

Was Volk really that good, had he improved as much as people are saying, or has Holloway simply lost it?

I say the latter. The cliff looks steep for that man, it will be sad to see.

Pereira looks legit. But then again, what was old mate thinking? Shame his fight IQ isn't up there with his presser trash talk.

Final thing, I know I go on about this all the time, but DC is a horrendous commentator.

I watch a lot of sportsball, and he is the worst commentator of any organisation or any sport I watch.*

*Not including token females, especially in golf / tennis / cricket, they can be woeful as well.

And he is getting worse by the month.

At the point now where he never shuts up, constantly interrupts the other two, it's a disaster.

If he could just stick to talking about wrestling, maybe talk 20% of the time tops, it would be okay.

On this card it felt like he took over as the centre / play-by-play, and Joe / Anik were his guests for special comments.

At what point do Joe or Anik have a man to man with him and tell him this s**t has gone too far?

Clearly Dana / ESPN aren't going to do it. They are ruining every card they put this guy on.
Great points but I'll disagree on the bolded. Schooled Kattar and had an epic fight with a legitimate top fighter in Yair Rodríguez since the 2nd Volk fight; certainly didn't look done in those two. Volk is just on another level now.

I'll leave this here

Although listening to Eugene Bareman it seems as if this is the way he coaches his fighters to avoid long term damage
a1d17552aa7bb5ab50e986ecaf96e458.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, Cannonier had to take the belt from Izzy. Izzy's job isn't to risk getting ko'd and handing over his belt. Was the same with Romero... Romero did sfa.
Its not but it is his job to entertain. Thats the part fans have issue with

If hes so dominant and going to talk such a big game back it up.

It isnt like hes styling on guys either. Hes not embarrassing guys with his skill, hes pitter patter leg kick, jab. The criticism is valid even if his opponents are doing less

Its not but it is his job to entertain. Thats the part fans have issue with

If hes so dominant and going to talk such a big game back it up.

It isnt like hes styling on guys either. Hes not embarrassing guys with his skill, hes pitter patter leg kick, jab. The criticism is valid even if his opponents are doing less
He was dominant, although he himself said he had an off night.

Fighters talk, it's part of the game. Max said he was going to finish Volk within three. How'd that go?

Izzy won quite easily, but at the same time he had to be cautious against that kind of power. Connonier had his long awaited shot. Cannonier had to take the belt. He failed.

I think Izzy probably looks better when his opponents are better.

Did we know during the fight he had *ed his hand? I wouldn’t have known anything was wrong watching the way he fought. I watched it at the pub so was hard to hear but I don’t think the commentary team said anything either

Nah, nothing was said until after the fight by Volk.
Apparently he told his corner at the end of round 2 though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back