MMA-UFC UFC 280 Oliveira v Makhachev

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes however to be fair, I was watching as a casual, sipping beers.

I didn't score it round by round.

It is possible that a proper analysis may lead to a 29-28 for Sugar.

But on a simple eye test, Petr won he fight, fairly clearly.

Sugar hit him with some excellent shots but Petr also had some good shots and dominated the ground game.

But I openly concede that I'm going by overall vibe rather than technical round by round analysis 🙏

Dominated ground game?

He done nothing but sit on top of O'Malley, done absolute zero with his ground control, hence he lost.

I do feel for Yan, DQ and 2 razor thin SD's in his past 4 fights but geez he went in with a woeful game plan.

O'Malley has the ability to be a out and out superstar, thats what I make of it lol.

I agree, he's the most likely to do a McGregor out of the current roster (not that it's very likely)

Dominated ground game?

He done nothing but sit on top of O'Malley, done absolute zero with his ground control, hence he lost.

That's pretty true to be honest, I'm kind of glad they didn't score the takedowns to Yan, he didn't do a lot with them. O'Malley's defensive grappling is actually very good at times.

Woke up to check the results and watched the fights earlier in the afternoon.

I guess it was wishful thinking with Charles having a chance against Islam. Those Dagestan wrestlers make everyone look amateurish.......even high level blackbelts from Brazil. From the time Khabib fought RDA to now.....nothing has changed.

Mokaev looked complacent and was lucky to get finish stoppage near the end of his fight.

Yan & O'Malley fight was close. No robbery to giving it to either fighter.

O'malley - He knew categorically he lost. Credit to him for at least saying he needed to rewatch to decide if he won and if he deserves a title shot.

Dariush - Was never big on him probably as he was a bit overhyped early in his career but fully won me over today.

Yan vs O'malley was pretty close. Some of Yan's takedowns were nothingness, and not much damage down there. The result was ok, imo. Could've gone either way.

Khabib 2.0 is a beast!

Islam vs Volk will be massive!
Takedowns still control the fight which is a judging criteria. 26/26 media outlets scored it for Yan

Anyone claiming otherwise is just wrong. Yan won lol. Even if the striking is even, 6 takedowns to 0 controls that aspect and therefore he wins. Pretty simple

Takedowns still control the fight which is a judging criteria. 26/26 media outlets scored it for Yan

Anyone claiming otherwise is just wrong. Yan won lol. Even if the striking is even, 6 takedowns to 0 controls that aspect and therefore he wins. Pretty simple
At the time I thought it was very close. I'll watch it back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching for the first time. My thoughts

Yan round 1. Suga landed 2 decent shots but Yan came forward the whole round, landed some good kicks and got a TD with some control. Close but semi clear to Yan i thought

Round 2 Suga lands a huge shot then eats a bigger one himself. Gets taken down, some gnp, and controlled for a min. Gets to feet with 230, a minute of even striking before Yan gets another TD. Yan clear

Round 3. Little happens for 2 mins until Suga lands a flurry which opens Yan up, eats one, lands another. Lands a head kick and stops a TD. Gets taken down with 2 mins to go but back to his feet 40 secs later. Yan lands 2 good hooks. Yan gets a TD with 15 seconds to go and finishes the fight on top

Genuinely not a clue how anyone scores that for Suga. Closer to a 30-27 loss than him winning lol. I dont think the stats UFC put up are accurate tbh. No way Suga landed 70 sig strikes

Anyone else scored it round by round?

Watching for the first time. My thoughts

Yan round 1. Suga landed 2 decent shots but Yan came forward the whole round, landed some good kicks and got a TD with some control. Close but semi clear to Yan i thought

Round 2 Suga lands a huge shot then eats a bigger one himself. Gets taken down, some gnp, and controlled for a min. Gets to feet with 230, a minute of even striking before Yan gets another TD. Yan clear

Round 3. Little happens for 2 mins until Suga lands a flurry which opens Yan up, eats one, lands another. Lands a head kick and stops a TD. Gets taken down with 2 mins to go but back to his feet 40 secs later. Yan lands 2 good hooks. Yan gets a TD with 15 seconds to go and finishes the fight on top

Genuinely not a clue how anyone scores that for Suga. Closer to a 30-27 loss than him winning lol. I dont think the stats UFC put up are accurate tbh. No way Suga landed 70 sig strikes

Anyone else scored it round by round?
had it 29/28 pee odour with o’malley taking the third.

thought first 2 rounds were yans pretty clearly.

Im sure there's been worse but struggling off the top of my head
I dunno, it was pretty bad. Unanimous thoughts everywhere that it was a poor decision.

While watching my group was literally talking about how Sean has proven he belongs in the top 5 at the end of the fight and then all of our jaws hit the floor when his name was called as the winner.

Takedowns where you do zero ground and pound and zero sub attempts is just stalling the fight and deserves to get ignored when judging the round. O’Malley managed to get up every time and received zero damage.
It’s not like Yan was just holding him down and not throwing, he threw plenty of shots.

Biggest robbery I’ve ever witnessed.

Im sure there's been worse but struggling off the top of my head

The worst one I’ve seen was Ross Pearson v Diego Sanchez, I had Pearson winning 30-27 and he lost on split decision. Though some would have given Yan every round I guess so maybe this is on par.

Takedowns where you do zero ground and pound and zero sub attempts is just stalling the fight and deserves to get ignored when judging the round. O’Malley managed to get up every time
Holding onto the fence can do that....

Ref should be sacked for good.
This fight needs to de done again.
Neither fighter should fight anyone else until this fight is done properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back