MMA-UFC UFC 281: Adesanya v Pereira

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like the stoppage was slightly early, Izzy disputed it immediately but I reckon a knee up the middle wasn’t far away.

Can’t stand Izzy regardless so happy to see that happen.

Izzy was going out Apollo Creed style if that went another 15 seconds.

Ref saved him, Pereria was just getting warm.

Whitaker flogged vettori, him and Costa probably licking their lips.
Pereira probably not as good a matchup for Costa. I only say Vettori as I expect him to beat everyone in the division bar Izzy and Rob so another s**t is inevitable at some point.

Glad Alex won after hearing the only reason Alex come to MMA was because Izzy called him a nobody in a interview in 2020 when asked about the losses in kickboxing.

True feel good story, never disrespect a past opponent.

To risky to not make the rematch the next fight because if either Izzy or Alex lose there next fight, thats alot of money lost.

& if it does go 1-1 then a massive trilogy is on the cards.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do think Whitaker gets caught too much to be too confident in him surviving 5 rounds. That said, there's no way he gets pressured up against the cage like Izzy did.

I agree. If you look at the guys (Wonderboy and Izzy) that have beat him recently they're both elite strikers, I feel Pereira would catch him at some point.

Respect to Pereira for staying in the fight and getting it done, what a great performance. What a great ******* card actually, that was epic, as good as it gets.

Rob gives up 5" in height and 6" in reach to Alex.

Rob managed to take Israel down, great, but so did Alex, with much less time spent training MMA.

If these two meet in the cage then our boy will get massacred.

Would love to be proven wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Much prefer to see Alex vs Israel II.

Then if Alex wins again, whoever is #1 should get next shot (if Bobby, great), if Israel wins, time for the trilogy.

'Hold up the division'? They were all given their chance vs Israel and lost. Some of them lost twice (including Bobby).

Israel earned his immediate rematch via several title defenses, and even if you disagree, too bad, $ talks.

Dana-White-748669-370x350.jpg

Last edited:
Good chance we see these again back to back, if Izzy wins its 1-1 in MMA, you let the trilogy slide good chance one of them start losing and the trilogy is no longer mega.

How can anyone complain about the division being held up in this situation.

Rob has had multiple shots. Izzy beat literally anyone near contention so deserves a rematch. AP wouldnt deserve a rematch if he were to lose but what else is there for Izzy other than Khamzat? May as well run the trilogy

Costa, Cannon, Till dont touch the top 3 guys. Vettori has lost to izzy and rob, likely beats AP due to styles but no one begging to see him get a shot. Strickland doesnt touch the top 3, already murked by AP. Who am i missing? Give the division a year to create contenders and Rob is there for AP if Izzy isnt. Worked out ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Back