Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
1670413828417.png

Really interesting card this one. Was looking forward to the Jiri/Glover rematch, but this is a great substitute. There's a sense of timing about Ankalaev, but never count Jan out. Paddy, the return of Darren Till in a very dangerous fight, the debut of Rosas Jr, a heavyweight banger and what is really a huge fight between Mitchell and Topuria.

There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of hype around this event, and those are often the best.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Yeah, this is shaping up to be a nice card, even without the original fight for the 205 title. Of the fights you didn't mention, Curtis and Buckley should be fun as two stand up guys with power, while Quarantillo vs Hernandez has fight of the night potential. Both guys fight at a crazy pace and throw bombs. Hernandez dropping to 145 may mean he has issues with cardio, but he should have the power advantage. If he doesn't get Billy out of there early though, he's in for a long night.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Yeah, this is shaping up to be a nice card, even without the original fight for the 205 title. Of the fights you didn't mention, Curtis and Buckley should be fun as two stand up guys with power, while Quarantillo vs Hernandez has fight of the night potential. Both guys fight at a crazy pace and throw bombs. Hernandez dropping to 145 may mean he has issues with cardio, but he should have the power advantage. If he doesn't get Billy out of there early though, he's in for a long night.
Agree. Actually meant to mention Billy vs Hernandez as a potential FOTN, but slipped my mind.

Not sure which fight I'm most looking forward to. Possibly Topuira/Mitchell.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
I won't pretend the antics of Paddy/Mitchell/Topuria don't entertain me, but the face-off between Jan and Ankalaev was awesome. Two utter professionals, no bullshit, just ready to go to battle.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Some

BANGERS

boys!

Ranking on how excited I am

Bryce Mitchell V Ilia Topuria

How TF is this the opener, Someone gonna lose their V

Mitchell is Batshit insane but an amazingly entertaining Fighter, While i have Ilia Topuria

This is huge, These two guys are honestly both about 2-3 wins from being in line to vs Alex the great. Both huge talents and I cant believe the UFC is pairing them off at this stage

Blachowicz V Ankalaev
Two ******* big hitting heavy bois. Was keen as hell for this, Title fight as well

Rosas Jr V Perrin
Keen to see Rosas Debut, 18 is ******* insane, just a kid

Gordon V Pimblett

After going 10-7 Against Helwani earlier in the week Paddy needs a win, However his attitude recently is dogshit so i hope Gordon wipes him, However wont, They've thrown Pimblett the journeyman while Mitchell and Ilia Topuria have a massive challenge

Daukus V Jariz
Rozenstruik has never looked tyhe same after Francis just walked through him swanging and banging. I hope he gets back up the top, Still a huge fan

Hernandez V Quarantillo

I quite liked Hernandez till the Cowboy s**t-talk, been a little unlucky, Hopefully he gets a result, A loss might mean he's gone

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
I mean, we're unlikely to hear from Perrin again, but Rosas Jr. showed skills and cage craft that an 18 year old has no right to possess. The sky is the limit.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Bryce Mitchell V Ilia Topuria

How TF is this the opener, Someone gonna lose their V

Mitchell is Batshit insane but an amazingly entertaining Fighter, While i have Ilia Topuria

This is huge, These two guys are honestly both about 2-3 wins from being in line to vs Alex the great. Both huge talents and I cant believe the UFC is pairing them off at this stage
Big step back for Mitchell and a huge step forward for Topuria.

If till loses this he’s not a serious prospect in this division.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well he never has been, 1-2 since moving up and 1-4 in his last 5.

That being said, one of my favs and hope he can pull something out of nowhere. Sad to see how he's gone the last few years. Almost looks like he's lost the hunger for it.

Back