MMA-UFC UFC 283 | Teixeria vs Hill | Jan 21, 2023 (Main card 2pm Aus EDT Sunday)

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The card at present (about 24 hours away from the event).

ufc 283 card wiki.png

Early prelims: 5.30pm US ET (9.30am Aus EDT)

Prelims: 8pm US ET (Midday Aus EDT)

Main card: 10pm US ET (2pm Aus EDT)

---

I will probably (hopefully) be watching this one on delay. Tired of pulling all-nighters (I live in a place far far away).

Off the top of my head, with no real form or style analysis to back me up, I like Teixeira and Figgy.

All four mens fights on the main card look like bangers.

It is amusing to me that the four fights on the prelim card all feature a guy without a wiki page 🤣

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Think old man glover gets the sub. Hill has power but he isn't great. Above average power, average grappling. If glover gets him down i think he stops him or gasses him quickly

Fig to get a home down decision with the crowd behind him. Not confident in this, gun to head pick

Craig Sub. Walker is a flake, fights out of a bad camp and has poor fight IQ. At least Craig sticks to what he knows

Burns clear and easy. Magny is washed imo and never had great anything.

Andrade but who cares tbh

Shogun survives an early onslaught and wins a decision... i hope!

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Hoping like crazy Shogun goes out with a win in front of his home crowd. It will be sad to see him take his final bow, but it's well overdue.

Glover I expect to get the sub over Hill, but was surprised to see Hill listed as favourite today. Its a winnable fight for him as his boxing is outstanding, I just think Glober has more tools. Unless he got old overnight, I think he should be able to sub him inside the first 2 rounds.

I've got a feeling Moreno gets the win in the co-main. These guys are so close though that no outcome other than a one sided drubbing would be surprising.

Magny's length could pose some problems for Burns, but as soon as he gets clipped or taken down this is Burns' fight. I think Gilbert gets it done early.

Andrade should get the win over Murphy, but Murphy keeps finding ways to rack up wins. I don't think she'll be keen on trading bombs with Andrade which likely makes this a boring fight with Jessica getting a decision.

Craig/Walker is a tough one to pick for mine. I'm assuming Craig talking about wanting a KO win is just for show and that he'll look to take Walker down early and often. If he does stay standing, Walker has a decent chance of catching him with something crazy. I'm leaning towards Craig, but am not confident.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hoping like crazy Shogun goes out with a win in front of his home crowd. It will be sad to see him take his final bow, but it's well overdue.

Glover I expect to get the sub over Hill, but was surprised to see Hill listed as favourite today. Its a winnable fight for him as his boxing is outstanding, I just think Glober has more tools. Unless he got old overnight, I think he should be able to sub him inside the first 2 rounds.

I've got a feeling Moreno gets the win in the co-main. These guys are so close though that no outcome other than a one sided drubbing would be surprising.

Magny's length could pose some problems for Burns, but as soon as he gets clipped or taken down this is Burns' fight. I think Gilbert gets it done early.

Andrade should get the win over Murphy, but Murphy keeps finding ways to rack up wins. I don't think she'll be keen on trading bombs with Andrade which likely makes this a boring fight with Jessica getting a decision.

Craig/Walker is a tough one to pick for mine. I'm assuming Craig talking about wanting a KO win is just for show and that he'll look to take Walker down early and often. If he does stay standing, Walker has a decent chance of catching him with something crazy. I'm leaning towards Craig, but am not confident.

Well you’re right about Craig v Walker, I think Johnny is the most inconsistent fighter on the roster, impossible to pick his fights.

Not a bad card overall, heaps of fights, it should start when Smith v Eubank is nearly done, this will be a full day of fights!

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
He's full of s**t, always is before fights. Seems a decent guy but goes into tosser mode in the lead-up to fights. No way he's standing with Walker.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the popular opinion seems to be Craig by submission.

Walker has to be one of the whackiest fights on the roster.

Didn't he injure himself doing the worm as a celebration after a win a few years ago?

And then when Hill knocked him out he did the giant blowup clown thing.

And then when he won his last fight he was found walking around shirtless and shoeless outside the stadium.

I might be confusing different stories but I'm pretty sure at least two of those are true, possibly all three.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
So the popular opinion seems to be Craig by submission.

Walker has to be one of the whackiest fights on the roster.

Didn't he injure himself doing the worm as a celebration after a win a few years ago?

And then when Hill knocked him out he did the giant blowup clown thing.

And then when he won his last fight he was found walking around shirtless and shoeless outside the stadium.

I might be confusing different stories but I'm pretty sure at least two of those are true, possibly all three.

He did his shoulder doing the worm after an amazing flying knee KO, I’m not sure about the other two

Back