UFC 283 | Teixeria vs Hill | Jan 21, 2023 (Main card 2pm Aus EDT Sunday)

Remove this Banner Ad

00Stinger

100 - 7
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Most of the crowd had already left lol

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Anthony Smith: "The work I did with Hill went a long way to him winning that fight. Dana has said I'm next in line for the title"

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Anthony Smith: "The work I did with Hill went a long way to him winning that fight. Dana has said I'm next in line for the title"
Smith is a good analyst and student of the sport, but also an absolute toss.

I hate to lump a whole people together but man, Brazilian sport fans...

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Smith is a good analyst and student of the sport, but also an absolute toss.

I hate to lump a whole people together but man, Brazilian sport fans...
I really enjoy him. Just wish he'd be a bit more honest when losing and not make excuses. That said, you probably have to be a lot delusional to fight at that level.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
I really enjoy him. Just wish he'd be a bit more honest when losing and not make excuses. That said, you probably have to be a lot delusional to fight at that level.
Absolutely agree with this.

Not sure why Smith would be anywhere near a title shot though. Coming off a loss and 4-3 since the JBJ loss. Needs at least one big win, even with all the chaos throughout the division.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

burge13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Missed the entire card today, any good fights i should find a replay of?

My picks/bets were utter trash this week! Next card looks bog average unfortunately

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Absolutely agree with this.

Not sure why Smith would be anywhere near a title shot though. Coming off a loss and 4-3 since the JBJ loss. Needs at least one big win, even with all the chaos throughout the division.

I agree, that's why I was hoping Crute would get the rematch in his return. He had Smith covered on the feet and on the ground, well other than the calf kick I guess, he's a name and his ability doesn't match the name these days, perfect opponent really.

00Stinger

100 - 7
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I agree, that's why I was hoping Crute would get the rematch in his return. He had Smith covered on the feet and on the ground, well other than the calf kick I guess, he's a name and his ability doesn't match the name these days, perfect opponent really.

Crute was getting lit the * up v Smith. Had no head movement at all that night and his face was turning into a punching bag. In fact Crute looked a lot better when his leg went out

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Reflecting on this card, it wasn't 'bad', there weren't many if any 'boring' fights.

And yet I kinda feel disappointed by it. Like an empty sort of feeling.

Could be because the main event saw an old legend bow out, and a somewhat-fortunate contender given the title.

In front of a dodgy crowd. Obviously not all of the attendees behaved like clowns but a lot of them did.

I read somebody's comment elsewhere who said something like 'We brazilians dont love sport, we just love winning'.

Fits them to a tee tbh.

Nothing against Hill, good on him. But in other times he would have Jones, Jiri, Jan, and Magomed ahead of him.

The co-main gets ended by a doctor stoppage.

The one female fight on the card was a brutal beating. I wonder how much she got paid for that. Probably peanuts.

Gilbert made short work of his opponent. Almost a waste of a training camp for both of them.

The main highlight for me was that short heavyweight middleweight putting his name on the map with a huge KO win on debut.

Also the brothers who both won in impressive fashion. They appear to have big things ahead of them.

Like I said, not a 'boring' card, but something about it felt off.

Last edited:

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Crute was getting lit the * up v Smith. Had no head movement at all that night and his face was turning into a punching bag. In fact Crute looked a lot better when his leg went out

Maybe I should rewatch it then (I am a Crute fanboy ha ha), I thought Crute had him covered on the feet until the leg kick. And yes I do recall him getting the takedown pretty easily and controlling him for the rest of the round.

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Reflecting on this card, it wasn't 'bad', there weren't many if any 'boring' fights.

And yet I kinda feel disappointed by it. Like an empty sort of feeling.

Could be because the main event saw an old legend bow out, and a somewhat-fortunate contender given the title.

In front of a dodgy crowd. Obviously not all of the attendees behaved like clowns but a lot of them did.

I read somebody's comment elsewhere who said something like 'We brazilians dont love sport, we just love winning'.

Fits them to a tee tbh.

Nothing against Hill, good on him. But in other times he would have Jones, Jiri, Jan, and Magomed ahead of him.

The co-main gets ended by a doctor stoppage.

The one female fight on the card was a brutal beating. I wonder how much she got paid for that. Probably peanuts.

Gilbert made short work of his opponent. Almost a waste of a training camp for both of them.

The main highlight for me was that short heavyweight putting his name on the map with a huge KO win on debut.

Also the brothers who both won in impressive fashion. They appear to have big things ahead of them.

Like I said, not a 'boring' card, but something about it felt off.

Really Texeira should have been looked after by his corner, I know not many will throw the towel in but if ever there was a case for it it was yesterday.

And I think a few will look at Hill as quite beatable, certainly if Pereira is looking to move up I think he'd be a bad match up for Hill.

00Stinger

100 - 7
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Maybe I should rewatch it then (I am a Crute fanboy ha ha), I thought Crute had him covered on the feet until the leg kick. And yes I do recall him getting the takedown pretty easily and controlling him for the rest of the round.
I love Crute too but Smith was all over him early until his leg ****ed up and he started taking Smith down

CaptchaProofBot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Racist post: worst thing about events in Brazil is the damn translation....it ends up up 3 times longer than it should be, very annoying

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure who this is referring to? Did you mean Ferreira, at middleweight?

Sorry, yes you are right, middleweight, not heavyweight.

Robocop was walking him down with a massive height advantage all fight until bam.

Awesome celebration, too.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Racist post: worst thing about events in Brazil is the damn translation....it ends up up 3 times longer than it should be, very annoying

That isn't racist. And it is true. I don't bother with press conferences with translators (Brazilian or Russian). Too boring.

Remove this Banner Ad