MMA-UFC UFC 284 - Makhachev v Volkanovski

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Got 2 tickets in the Socials sale just now. A bit nose bleedy but still $300 a ticket

* that's dear. But it will be epic no doubt, the energy at the Rod Laver and MGM events I've been to was way more intense than the Marvel events. Plus at Marvel I could never see well both times (once on the ground and once in the stands)

* that's dear. But it will be epic no doubt, the energy at the Rod Laver and MGM events I've been to was way more intense than the Marvel events. Plus at Marvel I could never see well both times (once on the ground and once in the stands)
Looking at the arena map is top level, but looked at some photos from similar and because it is not a huge stadium looks okay. Side on to ring which is okay as well.

Looking at the arena map is top level, but looked at some photos from similar and because it is not a huge stadium looks okay. Side on to ring which is okay as well.

As the_interloper said, energy is amazing. Had both expensive floor tickets and mid range at Marvel, and still rate the Rod Laver experience with Rob vs Brunson one of the best sporting experiences I've been too.....was nuts.

Nice work mate.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
As the_interloper said, energy is amazing. Had both expensive floor tickets and mid range at Marvel, and still rate the Rod Laver experience with Rob vs Brunson one of the best sporting experiences I've been too.....was nuts.

Nice work mate.

That was incredible, loudest roar I've heard at Rod Laver I reckon, this would include Iron Maiden and Metallca!

Jan 20, 2005
Larry David's house.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Glad to see a few people on here managed to get tickets. It’s been a bloodbath.

3 of us are flying out from Melbourne. We managed to snag P1 tickets, row G on the floor during the Fight Club presale. Worth its weight in gold.

As for Jimmy Crute, it’s a tough fight but I expect him to get the job done. He’d been fighting the last couple of years with a busted ACL, which limited his ability to utilise his takedowns. With that sorted, put money on him submitting Alonzo.

Also get the hell around Josh Culibao. Absolute weapon.

Attachments

• 937BB324-44F2-474C-9F2B-482685A5D1D9.jpeg
    937BB324-44F2-474C-9F2B-482685A5D1D9.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 22

3 of us are flying out from Melbourne. We managed to snag P1 tickets, row G on the floor during the Fight Club presale. Worth its weight in gold.

As for Jimmy Crute, it’s a tough fight but I expect him to get the job done. He’d been fighting the last couple of years with a busted ACL, which limited his ability to utilise his takedowns. With that sorted, put money on him submitting Alonzo.

Oof, I bet they cost a packer. Nice one.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Did he have it that long? If so I don't mind you thinking re your bet

Jan 20, 2005
Larry David's house.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Did he have it that long? If so I don't mind you thinking re your bet
Yeah, man. Had a number of fights with the knee being stuffed. Too tough/stubborn for his own good. He’s made some huge life changes and is looking a million bucks currently. I reckon he’s gonna surprise a lot of people once he’s back.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
How did i miss emmett/yair comain?! Odd fight for this card but cool.

Hoping Tai wins easy with no damage and gets added here though

I'm guessing it's insurance for the main event if there's a late withdrawal.

And yeah would be good to see Tai on there, I feel like he's gonna be in a war on the weekend though and he'll probably not be cleared, even if he wins.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Unfortunately Tai has gotten himself booked against Pavlovich, possibly the best HW prospect outside of Aspinall. Still, if Bam can spark him early, he's a chance for Perth.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Costa officially out

Bit of a pussy move, probably scared tbh

He had a war with Romero and fought Adesanya too, so I'm confident it has nothing to do with fear.

It's a damn shame it means Rob is off the card though. All the people who forked out huge money to see him and Volk headline a card will no doubt be annoyed.

Back