MMA-UFC UFC 286 - Edwards vs Usman 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Can only hope Edwards wins again but unlikely, fluke win last time around.
Dunno, depends on how Usman comes back from that type of KO

Will he be too cautious? will his chin still hold up?

Shocked Gaejthe is a massive underdog here.

I'll probably look like an idiot here but Fiziev has been good without massively impressing me. Scraping through against Bobby Green and a back and forth fight with Riddell before that highlight knockout.
Justin is a massive step up in talent from those two

Not really a great card outside of that and the main event

I'll probably look like an idiot here but Fiziev has been good without massively impressing me. Scraping through against Bobby Green and a back and forth fight with Riddell before that highlight knockout.

I think Fiz is a better kickboxer than Gaethje. Not as quick, or tight with his punches. Green is a really good boxer tbf.

Gaethje is also likely to brawl which only plays into Fiz advantages. I wouldn't be surprised if Gaethje was stopped tbh. Hes taken so much damage in his career, has to catch up to him eventually

Top heavy card but very keen for the big ones.

A case of sense of timing I think. Gaethje seen as on his way out and Fiziev on his way up. Realistically, there's a 4 year age gap and Gaethje has looked pretty much the same to me lately as he always has. The thing that's swaying me to Fiziev is Gaethje's defence compared to Bobby Green and Riddell. He's always there to be hit and Fiziev is one of the very last guys you want to hit you clean.

I'm leaning towards Edwards in the main. He did really well in the first round before Usman took over and then of course one of the sport's biggest moments happens. He still looked OK in the 2nd before tiring quite drastically towards the end of the 3rd. There are always question marks over performances in the altitude of places like Salt Lake City, especially for someone's first ever championship fight against an absolute cardio machine, so I'm giving Leon a pass. He's got heaps of room for improvement and now Usman knows 1) he can be badly KOd and 2) Edwards can be the one who does it.

Sneaky big fight in Vettori vs Dolidze. Dolidze has been nothing short of dominant since an underwhelming loss to Trevin Giles in 2021, and if he wins a guy who the non-grapplers in the division want nothing to do with enters to title picture. If Marvin wins, the division continues its lull.

Main event is pretty interesting.
In their last fight Edwards took the first and looked really good, but did relatively little for the next 3.5 rounds.. until that magnificent headkick. So it's hard for me to back against Usman. I think it would take something pretty special from Rocky again and I think a points fight pretty much always goes to Usman.
That UK crowd should provide some adrenalin for Rocky.

Last edited:
Top heavy indeed.

Every fight on the main card looks interesting, but as soon as I scrolled down to the prelims, I was wondering, who da fook is that guy?

Some of them don't even have profile photos, lol.
Not uncommon for these international cards, as they will sell regardless. UFC 284 case in point.

Not uncommon for these international cards, as they will sell regardless. UFC 284 case in point.
I don't know why people hate on this concept, I ******* love sitting down and getting to watch 5-10 Aussies on the same card in front of a home crowd. The walkouts are more special and it keeps the crowd interested. Put a couple decent main card fights and that's perfect for me.

They don't need Cub Swanson vs someone on the undercard too make it 'stacked'

Much better than seeing Jack Jenkins fight on the prelims of an apex card

Dunno, depends on how Usman comes back from that type of KO

Will he be too cautious? will his chin still hold up?

Absolutely, he'll have some doubts. And apparently Usman's knee is completely rooted, he walk up stairs backwards or some weird thing like that. Been that way for a while though so maybe not an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely, he'll have some doubts. And apparently Usman's knee is completely rooted, he walk up stairs backwards or some weird thing like that. Been that way for a while though so maybe not an issue.
Pretty sure I've heard that its been like that even before he was champ or some s**t.

I don't know why people hate on this concept, I ******* love sitting down and getting to watch 5-10 Aussies on the same card in front of a home crowd. The walkouts are more special and it keeps the crowd interested. Put a couple decent main card fights and that's perfect for me.

They don't need Cub Swanson vs someone on the undercard too make it 'stacked'

Much better than seeing Jack Jenkins fight on the prelims of an apex card
100% agree.

Wait.. did anyone mention that Colby was weighing in?? He made weight as backup fighter. I couldn't believe it when I just saw it
Looks like him and the UFC kept it secret even from the main event fighters.

Watched the ceremonial weigh in. Perth crowd s**t all over the British crowd, they barely even acknowledged their under card fighters even if they were British. No doubt we will still hear that the Brits are the 'best' crowd in the world tho

I just tuned in, should be a good night. These British cards are at a way better time for me.

We've got DC and Bisping together, hopefully they go well tonight.

Whoever is in charge of the sound has left the coaches mic track way too high imo.

We can hear the coaches more than commentators when there is action (during rd 1 of Duncan vs Morales).

I'd probably prefer to hear the coaches than the commentators but when all of them are shouting at once it is just a loud mess.

Funny interaction between Bisping and DC, Bisping mentioned how DC is a wrestling expert and even watches tournaments via stream, DC said that he plans to watch the NCAA finals as soon as the UFC fights are over.

Bisping: 'So you're not going to come and join me for a pint of lager?'

Long pause

DC: 'That sounds like a suicide mission'

Perfect delivery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back