MMA-UFC UFC 288: Sterling vs Cejudo

Who wins?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

3-2 for AJ. Really wanted to see the oompa loompa challenge Volk at 145. You have to admire some who is best suited to 125 thinking he can beat a guy who's in goat contention at 145 who was also right in it with one of the best ever 155’s.

Henry looked sharp yesterday and gave himself a chance, Aljo was just better though, close fight but the right man won.

I missed Belal v Burns though due to Canelo fight, sounds like I didn't miss much. Xiaonan had a great finish win, Gracie looked like a relic from the early 2000s, definitely not well rounded enough to compete in today's MMA.

Only saw bits and pieces of the rest of the card, epic finish by Frevola

Henry looked sharp yesterday and gave himself a chance, Aljo was just better though, close fight but the right man won.

I missed Belal v Burns though due to Canelo fight, sounds like I didn't miss much. Xiaonan had a great finish win, Gracie looked like a relic from the early 2000s, definitely not well rounded enough to compete in today's MMA.

Only saw bits and pieces of the rest of the card, epic finish by Frevola
Belal burns ******* sucked man. Burns hurt his shoulder and looked like didn't wanna be there and Burns just spammed the same lead body kick without doing anything to try finish the fight. s**t as

Well I wasn't exactly rivetted during the match, but I'm definitely keen to see how Belal goes against Leon/Colby now. He's come on leaps and bounds over the last two years, is a tricky fight for anyone and is obviously extremely coachable. No one liked his wrestle heavy approach, now he gets criticised for picking apart one of the more dangerous fighters in the division. Yes Burns was compromised, but it wouldn't have been in Belal's best interest to go charging in for a finish with that right hand still working.

It's not just about winning in the UFC, you have to do it in an exciting fashion to get people interested in seeing you fight again. Sometimes even an exciting loss can be better for your career than a win I reckon.
Pretty sure Belal is now guaranteed a title shot, and a well earned one at that. I thought the fight was ok, even if they both fought a bit cautiously. There was a hell of a lot at stake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I wasn't exactly rivetted during the match, but I'm definitely keen to see how Belal goes against Leon/Colby now. He's come on leaps and bounds over the last two years, is a tricky fight for anyone and is obviously extremely coachable. No one liked his wrestle heavy approach, now he gets criticised for picking apart one of the more dangerous fighters in the division. Yes Burns was compromised, but it wouldn't have been in Belal's best interest to go charging in for a finish with that right hand still working.

Well put. The dumbest possible thing he can do is rush in looking for a finish against a guy like Burns who has lethal power. He controlled every minute of that fight came through unscathed and gets to wait for his title shot now.

I'm keen to see what he can do differently against Leon if he manages to see off Colby. Their first fight was going terribly and Leon seems to have improved massively since then too.

I'm keen to see what he can do differently against Leon if he manages to see off Colby. Their first fight was going terribly and Leon seems to have improved massively since then too.
A few weeks ago I was very down on Belal's chances. But after Sunday and revisiting his fights since Edwards, I really can't count him out. Leon goes in heavy favourite, especially if he takes Colby out, yet Belal keeps defying expectations.

Well put. The dumbest possible thing he can do is rush in looking for a finish against a guy like Burns who has lethal power. He controlled every minute of that fight came through unscathed and gets to wait for his title shot now.

No one's saying he didn't deserve the win or didn't dominate. But he'd have to be the most boring contender in history. Leon vs him barely cracks 100k buys unless it's live in the UK.

Man I'm torn on them bringing O'Malley into the cage. I think the champ should have his moment unless he's the one wants it, on the other hand the UFC absolutely helped him with promoting that next fight. People are already wanting to see that fight now

Understand your point, but I think any Sterling needs a bump and a set up with a character like O'Malley. He's just not interesting enough on his own to generate interest. Seems a smart bloke, so I'm sure he knows this.

No one's saying he didn't deserve the win or didn't dominate. But he'd have to be the most boring contender in history. Leon vs him barely cracks 100k buys unless it's live in the UK.

I never said anyone was disputing the decision and you've pointed out multiple times you don't like him or watching him fight. He hasn't needed to be over the top exciting to get himself to a title shot, so I would say doing what he's doing is working out just fine for him.

I never said anyone was disputing the decision and you've pointed out multiple times you don't like him or watching him fight. He hasn't needed to be over the top exciting to get himself to a title shot, so I would say doing what he's doing is working out just fine for him.
Lol what are you talking about, he's had to win 10x and got lucky Gilbert threw him a bone for a contender fight to get a shot. If he was somewhat entertaining he wouldn't have had to go as long.

Lol what are you talking about, he's had to win 10x and got lucky Gilbert threw him a bone for a contender fight to get a shot. If he was somewhat entertaining he wouldn't have had to go as long.

What are you even arguing? We get that you think he's boring.... is there anything else to say or can we leave it here?

Back