MMA-UFC UFC 291

Remove this Banner Ad

ron burgundy GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent card, was distracted by Spence v Crawford. Epic finish by Gaethje, that's a highlight we'll see for a long time I reckon. Kind of missed Jan v Pereira but looked close, no idea who should have won. Ferguson bled early and copped a fair touch up, not surprising really, he'll cop a few more Ls if he keeps going.

This sport is so crazy, one small mistake and you're in the shadow realm
Couldn't even call it a mistake really. Made a last second read but Gaethje just nailed it.

Was a really fun main card, as expected. The exception being Jan vs Pereira, which was hugely altitude effected. I had Jan winning, but spending that much time against the cage gasping for air is never going to be a favourable look to the judges. Looking forward to any and all fights for Poatan at LHW anyway.

Sorry volk. That gets the next title shot
I think Justin spends 5 rounds on his back if not submitted earlier but probably earned the shot.

Volk is the only one who can trouble Islam.

Conor tweeting s**t again as usual trying to steal the attention away. it’s beyond a joke now. As far as I’m concerned he doesn’t fight anymore and is retired.
I was thinking today how unfortunate it's going to be how few of his LW contemporaries Connor will have fought when it is all said and done. No Gaethje, Ferguson, Oliveira, likely Chandler, Dariush, Dos Anjos not even Johnson and Hooker.

Jiri is a wildman. He leaves himself wide open to get cracked.
Also a very competent grappler but yeah, can definitely see him looking like getting caught the entire fight.

I think Justin spends 5 rounds on his back if not submitted earlier but probably earned the shot.

Volk is the only one who can trouble Islam.
Agree, Islam is just a terrible matchup for Gaethje.

I was thinking today how unfortunate it's going to be how few of his LW contemporaries Connor will have fought when it is all said and done. No Gaethje, Ferguson, Oliveira, likely Chandler, Dariush, Dos Anjos not even Johnson and Hooker.

Also a very competent grappler but yeah, can definitely see him looking like getting caught the entire fight.

Agree, Islam is just a terrible matchup for Gaethje.
Only shame is not seeing Conor flatlined by Gaethje, Chandler Fiziev and ever probably Hooker. He has one win at lightweight in his career. One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back