MMA-UFC UFC 292

Remove this Banner Ad

O’Malley brilliant but stoppage seemed on the early-ish side for me. In a championship bout could’ve easily let it go a little longer. Sterling wasn’t out and was absolutely fine after the fight.

Last edited:
Don't think he said that did he? Sugar did, sterling said he might not go up because if that happens here Volk would be worse.
Pretty sure he did

Alot of talk around it too

His reign was winning the belt by getting kicked in the head, winning a controversial split decision, beating a 1 arm Dillashaw & beating an old guy coming out of retirement

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

O’Malley brilliant but stoppage seemed on the early-ish side for me. In a championship bout could’ve easily let it go a little longer. Sterling wasn’t out and was absolutely fine after the fight.

It was a little early but can't see how it just wouldn't have been more of the same. Sterling wasn't close to getting up and did show O'Malley the back of his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe O'Malley's hype train actually ended up arriving at the station

Can't underestimate the height + range advantage. It's the best attribute of the most dominant champs bar GSP/Khabib.

No problem with it personally, Sterling was done. Took a massive shot, several more clean, looked glazed. It's a championship bout but the best refs should still be able to make that call and I think Goddard nailed it.

It was a little early but can't see how it just wouldn't have been more of the same. Sterling wasn't close to getting up and did show O'Malley the back of his head.
No problem with it personally, Sterling was done. Took a massive shot, several more clean, looked glazed. It's a championship bout but the best refs should still be able to make that call and I think Goddard nailed it.

Interesting to watch it again 👇🏼 For some reason UFC have released the full stoppage on YouTube directly after the fight. Aljo had rolled on to his stomach and was still protecting himself and scrambling when ref called the fight. Rogan thought it was early which I tend to agree with in a championship fight. Worth watching again.

Interesting to watch it again For some reason UFC have released the full stoppage on YouTube directly after the fight. Aljo had rolled on to his stomach and was still protecting himself and scrambling when ref called the fight. Rogan thought it was early which I tend to agree with in a championship fight. Worth watching again.

I mean after getting dropped ground and pounded aljo turned over. Win for sugar but I’m not really a fan . Kudos though to win a world title

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting to watch it again 👇🏼 For some reason UFC have released the full stoppage on YouTube directly after the fight. Aljo had rolled on to his stomach and was still protecting himself and scrambling when ref called the fight. Rogan thought it was early which I tend to agree with in a championship fight. Worth watching again.

Third time watching and still no problem at all. If a non-championship fight, it could've been stopped at the 50 second mark. Sugar lands at least 12 clean shots on the ground. Aljo was just saved from being put out cold and certainly wasn't feeling well enough to protest himself.

Clever to release it IMO. Great for marketing purposes as O'Malley could be a massive draw for them. He's pretty chill but has a very sellable look.

Third time watching and still no problem at all. If a non-championship fight, it could've been stopped at the 50 second mark. Sugar lands at least 12 clean shots on the ground. Aljo was just saved from being put out cold and certainly wasn't feeling well enough to protest himself.

Just watched it a third and fourth time and yeah you’re probably right. The ground and pound didn’t look all that bad on first viewings but wow was O’Malley accurate with most of those follow up shots. Sterling one tough SOB to keep struggling against it.

I might’ve been swayed as well by Sterling’s press conference where he said he was good to continue. But I guess they all say that. Absolute class act in defeat Aljo. He’s actually a likeable dude.

Last edited:
Just watched it a third and fourth time and yeah you’re probably right. The ground and pound didn’t look all that bad on first viewings but wow was O’Malley accurate with most of those follow up shots. Sterling one tough SOB to keep struggling against it.

I might’ve been swayed a well by Sterling’s press conference where he said he was good to continue. But I guess they all say that. Absolute class act in defeat Aljo. He’s actually a likeable dude.

Well I mean he could have continued, but he would've been knocked out haha.

Yeah as I eluded to earlier, Aljo tried to run with the heel thing due to the ridiculous reaction to Yan illegally kneeing the **** out of him, but he isn't that guy. He's long been one of the more popular guys within the industry and conducted himself well. The self awareness post fight was refreshing to see, and quite honestly shocking from an elite combat athlete.

Don't think he said that did he? Sugar did, sterling said he might not go up because if that happens here Volk would be worse.
I enjoyed that. Basically admitted that Volk would end him.

Volk would also end sugar if he thinks 145 can be conquered, but I'm up for that.

I enjoyed that. Basically admitted that Volk would end him.

Volk would also end sugar if he thinks 145 can be conquered, but I'm up for that.
Sugar said in an interview this week he doesn't want to fight Volk, basically said * that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back