MMA-UFC UFC 293

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Strickland has it. Well done Strickland - well executed gameplan.

Izzy just circling out all fight. Reckon he was carrying something? If not good to see someone get done trying to chip away for a decision win.

Does izzy get another automatic rematch? Lost 2 of 3. He should have to fight DDP or Costa/Khamzat winner to get back to the title
Honestly, he didn't even threaten Sean. He had Poatan on toast before getting smoked but there really wasn't any moment in this fight where he looked like he was going to win.

Seriously looking forward to Strickland versus everyone in the division.

Biggest shock since Serra over GSP?

So good for the division and for the UFC. Izzy’s style was getting boring as f…k to be honest. Sick of his running, feints and tippy tap.

A win for the stand and bangers!
The man dancers!

Bring on Strickland v Khamzat 🔥

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Izzy is really limited if you're not throwing enough at him to counter. Strickland was biting at all the feints, but never throwing afterwards. Just resulted in Izzy mostly landing leg kicks.

Izzy is really limited if you're not throwing enough at him to counter. Strickland was biting at all the feints, but never throwing afterwards. Just resulted in Izzy mostly landing leg kicks.
Izzy landed like 10 punches for the fight. I've never seen anyone shut his offence down like this at all.
Considering how easily Poatan figured out Strickland I'm still in shock at what I just witnessed

Izzy landed like 10 punches for the fight. I've never seen anyone shut his offence down like this at all.
Considering how easily Poatan figured out Strickland I'm still in shock at what I just witnessed

Poatan is happy to throw a lot of offense though, and it worked against Strickland's plodding style. Strickland did the same thing against Izzy, it's just that Izzy needed Strickland to actually throw stuff to counter lol

Such a shame that Rob lost to DDP, I think he'd eat Strickland alive

Seriously looking forward to Strickland versus everyone in the division.
Versus everyone? LOL

I predict his reign as middleweight champ will last precisely one fight.

I can't recall a softer title fight than today's non-event.

And I'm not a sour Izzy fan, either... I don't hate him like everyone else seems to because of his weird persona. None of that stuff interests me in the slightest. He has been a great fighter with great skills. But something was up with him today. Was he injured? Or was he distracted by some personal issues? Or maybe he was just outpointed by someone with a great gameplan. I dunno...

Strickland is a good underdog story, but he is a pretty weak champion.

Last edited:
Did it seem like Izzy was saying something about his neck when he was talking to Strickland after the fight? I'm sure I heard him say "that's no bs" and point to his neck. Perhaps he was compromised in some way? Not making excuses but I don't think it's a stretch to say that was a very un-Izzy like performance. He was very inaccurate with his striking.

Poatan is happy to throw a lot of offense though, and it worked against Strickland's plodding style. Strickland did the same thing against Izzy, it's just that Izzy needed Strickland to actually throw stuff to counter lol

Such a shame that Rob lost to DDP, I think he'd eat Strickland alive
Yeah but Poatan dipped his elevation and just went around Strickland's arms to finish him, for the life I can't understand how Izzy couldn't find the same opening especially when Sean only threw a jab, straight and a teep kick for the whole fight. Izzy's got into the pocket with guys way more dangerous than Sean but he seemed to fight him like it was Francis Ngannou throwing at him

wtf.gif

Did it seem like Izzy was saying something about his neck when he was talking to Strickland after the fight? I'm sure I heard him say "that's no bs" and point to his neck. Perhaps he was compromised in some way? Not making excuses but I don't think it's a stretch to say that was a very un-Izzy like performance. He was very inaccurate with his striking.
Sounded to me like he said don't ever say that about me again and then pointed to his neck. It's either the dog ******* video or questioning his heritage

Yeah but Poatan dipped his elevation and just went around Strickland's arms to finish him, for the life I can't understand how Izzy couldn't find the same opening especially when Sean only threw a jab, straight and a teep kick for the whole fight. Izzy's got into the pocket with guys way more dangerous than Sean but he seemed to fight him like it was Francis Ngannou throwing at him

Yeah, looked really scared to engage. Getting dropped early on might have spooked him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back