MMA-UFC UFC 293

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, looked really scared to engage. Getting dropped early on might have spooked him.
Haha I guess so? It's just so damn bizarre. Gastelum hurt him aswell and he didn't run like he did here. He fought Sean like was the most dangerous guy he's ever fought.

Versus everyone? LOL

I predict his reign as middleweight champ will last precisely one fight.

I don't think I can recall a softer title fight than today's non-event.

And I'm not a offended Izzy fan, either... I don't hate him like everyone else seems to because of his weird persona. He has great skills. Great fighter. But something was up with him tonight. Injury? Distracted? Or just outpointed by someone with a great gameplan. I dunno...

Strickland is a good underdog story, but he is a pretty weak champion.
Sorry, I didn't mean he would beat everyone, though I'm definitely not righting him off. I'm looking forward to seeing him against anyone.

Strickland is succeptible to the left hook with his stance and style of defence, and happened to run into possibly the biggest left hook we've ever seen. I thought he clearly won the Cannonier fight. Other than that, he just keeps beating everyone by walking forward and throwing a jab and the occasional straight right. He seems to have now found some power from somewhere. His gas tank is obscene. I won't be writing him off again.

All that said, Izzy definitely didn't look right. He's only 34 but he's been fighting at the elite level since he was 20. Maybe he's just not what he used to be? Or maybe he has a significant injury, I'm sure we'll find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I didn't mean he would beat everyone, though I'm definitely not righting him off. I'm looking forward to seeing him against anyone.

Strickland is succeptible to the left hook with his stance and style of defence, and happened to run into possibly the biggest left hook we've ever seen. I thought he clearly won the Cannonier fight. Other than that, he just keeps beating everyone by walking forward and throwing a jab and the occasional straight right. He seems to have now found some power from somewhere. His gas tank is obscene. I won't be writing him off again.

All that said, Izzy definitely didn't look right. He's only 34 but he's been fighting at the elite level since he was 20. Maybe he's just not what he used to be? Or maybe he has a significant injury, I'm sure we'll find out.
Happened to Usman as well where he just looked s**t overnight. Amazing that 3 months ago Rob vs Izzy 3 looked certain and now both need to reset

lol the prelim fighter who started giving the crowd s**t in his ocatgon interview has made an apology on twitter.

Apparently he called them 'f*** in f *** ots', I didn't hear that part.

But if true, some say it counts as 'vilification', perhaps he got a talking to by the UFC top brass.

lol the prelim fighter who started giving the crowd s**t in his ocatgon interview has made an apology on twitter.

But if true, some say it counts as 'vilification', perhaps he got a talking to by the UFC top brass.

Was on the ESPN broadcast so a big no-no for anyone, let alone someone as expendable as him. Getting on to the PR cleanup immediately was the right call.

Manel kape called everyone at City kick boxing ******s on the mic

I didn't see this fight, or the aftermath

I assumed you were talking about the Angolan flyweight, Manel Kape on the main card who called out one of his rivals during the post fight interview and warned him not to duck him again or he'd come to his gym to find him and beat his arse and then called all of the guy's teammates f******

Not the sharpest way to get the sponsors on board :oops:

Last edited:
How can you not love this sport?
This dude came from absolute nothing as a kid. Horrible, sad upbringing. Worked his tail off and now Middleweight champion of the world.
Kudos to Strickland’s coach (Nicksick) who encouraged him at the end of the 3rd “not to come all this way to lose a boring ass points decision to this muth…ker.” Sensational!

A288C083-DC4A-49C8-9834-9DD8A8A7D63D.jpeg 21DA734A-1377-4D05-9B01-E12A3E16A66C.jpeg 0D678972-C82F-4CE4-9EE0-0491B168E209.jpeg 309C724D-7DD8-4984-B1CB-F336B07247F8.jpeg 1CC581E3-35C3-4F7D-981F-02BA00D27B6A.jpeg

Last edited:
Crazy to think the next title fight could be Strickland vs Chimaev lol
A bit of a joke if that is the fight tbh

Should be Dricius v Strickland

wtf has he done at middleweight? and he hasn't even been active in the last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dana White said a rematch between Izzy and Sean makes sense. Really hope not. Give DDP the title shot next
Dana won't give up on Izzy yet. He'll at least get the rematch because there's money to be made. DDP will probably just wait and they'll work on making an African card a reality. They make so much more from an Izzy v Strickland rematch and then follow it up with the DDP fight as opposed to just having DDP fight Strickland.

Dana won't give up on Izzy yet. He'll at least get the rematch because there's money to be made. DDP will probably just wait and they'll work on making an African card a reality. They make so much more from an Izzy v Strickland rematch and then follow it up with the DDP fight as opposed to just having DDP fight Strickland.

Tend to agree with this. They will milk every last drop from the Izzy tank until it becomes clear they have to go down another path. A Strickland re-match on the new champ’s USA home turf just makes business sense. The atmosphere and hype will be nuts.

This is what Izzy was talking about when he said DDP was dumb to turn down this title shot. The UFC landscape is totally unpredictable. You think you’ve got all the chess moves worked out and boom 💥 a massive upset turns the division on its head.

Either Khamzat or Costa about to re-enter the equation as well. Nothing is certain. How many times have we heard Dana say “take your opportunity when it’s presented” ?

I can't believe I live in the same timeline where Harry McKay was a Coleman medalist, Ben McKay will net pick 3 and Sean Strickland is a UFC champion.

Great win by Strickland, I’m still not sure what he did but his Philly Shell had Izzy covered. Glad the judges got it right, 49-46 was the obvious score but seen worse decisions unfortunately.

Bad luck to Tai, ****ed his leg up but Volkov too strong overall. Tai looked a bit sluggish, he had to lose a lot of weight going in and maybe that affected him (he’s prob fat at the start of every camp though)

All round pretty fun card, great wins for Uhlberg and Pedro and Mullarkey, painful loss for Jenkins literally.

Tend to agree with this. They will milk every last drop from the Izzy tank until it becomes clear they have to go down another path. A Strickland re-match on the new champ’s USA home turf just makes business sense. The atmosphere and hype will be nuts.

This is what Izzy was talking about when he said DDP was dumb to turn down this title shot. The UFC landscape is totally unpredictable. You think you’ve got all the chess moves worked out and boom 💥 a massive upset turns the division on its head.

Either Khamzat or Costa about to re-enter the equation as well. Nothing is certain. How many times have we heard Dana say “take your opportunity when it’s presented” ?
An Izzy v Strickland rematch in Vegas will be massive. You'd expect Adesanya to show up a lot sharper than the version we saw today and if he can get the W then we may even see a trilogy fight. DDP blew his chance and really has no option but to wait now. That's what you get for turning down a title shot when it presents itself.

Not sure where Khamzat sits in terms of getting a title shot but you'd have to think he's a chance should he beat Costa. Maybe Dana punishes DDP by forcing him to face Khamzat?

If it is the Izzy rematch, then DDP versus the winner of Khamzat/Costa is probably the go. Of course, can't see either being happy to wait for a title shot.

If Khamzat runs through Costa, I'm pretty confident he'll get the next shot. With how it's played out lately, he likely wait for Izzy's rematch. That leaves Cannonier, Vettori and Whittaker, who have already fought each other, with no plans. Perhaps Cannonier vs DDP with Khamzat/Costa likely sitting and waiting it out? Very top heavy division but at least there's some fire in there now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back