MMA-UFC UFC 295

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, I guess I'll just talk to myself until everyone finds their way in here.

Really looking forward to this one:

LHW Title - A lot depends on gameplan and execution here. If Jiri looks for takedowns (more so than Jan) and then actively looks for subs, he can pull this off. If Alex can keep defending the takedowns and keep it standing, he should be heavily favoured. Less likely but certainly possible is Jiri pulling off the KO, having elite power in his own right. Fascinating fight, even if they don't stand and bang as everyone hopes.

HW Interim Title - I can't remember the last time I was this excited for, and torn about a HW fight. I can see this playing out so many ways but I keep going back to Aspinall's fight with Volkov. I can see the same happening here, as good as Pav is. I think Aspinall is the new prototype heavyweight fighter, and while the Blaydes fight would've been the best test for that hypothesis, this will work just fine. Of course, that doesn't always matter in HW, and Aspinall could look levels above and still get flatlined. Whatever the case, we'll have a very scary champion at the end.

Main Card - Don't care about Dern/Andrade but Frevola/BSD and Lopes/Sabatini are bangers. Saint-Denis has been winning in very impressive fashion and is probably still well and truly on his way up, and a win here gets him in the rankings. Winner here vs winner Hooker/Green sounds good.

Undercard - Aussie Erceg gets another tricky assignment here. Looking forward to seeing the Pole "Toadfish" Rebecki and the Azerbaijanian Sadykhov.

Yeah, huge power vs a very skillful well rounded fighter. It's about as high level as HW MMA gets, should make us forget about the shitshow that was the main event last week.
This is such a 'should have known who'd win in hindsight' match

Aspinall off 10 days or whatever should probably get finished by Pavlovich and if he does I'll be like knew it

But then I also think Aspinall is a special talent who's like a heavyweight Volk but with submissions and expect him to get Pavlovich down pretty easy or just be flat out to quick

Pavlovich vs Aspinall is such an interesting matchup
I think Aspinall walks straight through him pretty easily tbh

Think Aspinall will be too smart and fast (he is insanely quick for HW). He won't be stupid like the rest of them and try to stand and bang with Pavlovich. And I reckon Pavlovich has a lot of holes in his defense and Tom will be fast enough to capitalise

Aspinall off 10 days or whatever should probably get finished by Pavlovich and if he does I'll be like knew it

But then I also think Aspinall is a special talent who's like a heavyweight Volk but with submissions and expect him to get Pavlovich down pretty easy or just be flat out to quick
They both had the same amount of notice didn't they? Or was Pav training for another fight and I missed that?

Aspinall is the future of the division, actually pretty much the present really. Shame he's had no notice but hoping he gets it done.

A fight between he and Gane would be good to see, skills wise as good as you'll see at HW. Though there's a clear path to victory against Gane and Aspinall seems very good on the ground, that one mightn't actually be close.

Aspinall is the future of the division, actually pretty much the present really. Shame he's had no notice but hoping he gets it done.

A fight between he and Gane would be good to see, skills wise as good as you'll see at HW. Though there's a clear path to victory against Gane and Aspinall seems very good on the ground, that one mightn't actually be close.
Yeah I said to me mate a couple years ago Aspinall is the future. He's Cain and Gane put together. Beauty of heavyweight is there's always a guy who can hit you hard enough to even the skills but he is a special talent. I remember when him vs Tai was sorta being floated and remember thinking *kkkk that. He's way too good for Tai

Yeah I said to me mate a couple years ago Aspinall is the future. He's Cain and Gane put together. Beauty of heavyweight is there's always a guy who can hit you hard enough to even the skills but he is a special talent. I remember when him vs Tai was sorta being floated and remember thinking *kkkk that. He's way too good for Tai

Yeah I didn't want Tai to fight Aspinall either, would have been fun, Aus vs UK and probably a big show but Aspinall would most likely steamroll him.

Aspinall reminds me of Frank Mir a bit with probably better skills striking wise, yeah won't be long until he gets the strap.

Tai is a great entertainer but is way, way below Aapinals level.

Tai fights like a street fighter in small compact area. No movement, hangs the chin out & takes one to give one. Very similar to Derrick Lewis, would be average in another weight class but is pretty good in HW because of power. But is significantly behind the top blokes

Aspinall is ******* scary good. He is so ******* fast for a HW. He is the only one who could possibly better Jones imo

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aspinall reminds me of Frank Mir a bit with probably better skills striking wise, yeah won't be long until he gets the strap.
Definitely agree with the level of Aspinall but not sure about these comparisons. Prime Cain is behind only Fedor as the best HW I've ever seen. There are definitely shades of Cain in Aspinall but Tom will never have that level of wrestling, and blending him with Gane implies his striking is superior to Cain's? It's looked very good, but Cain was a master of combinations and mixing crisp striking with elite wrestling seemlessly.

And despite looking a little like Mir, their styles are nothing alike. Vastly superior in striking and vastly inferior in BJJ, therefore world's apart.

Definitely agree with the level of Aspinall but not sure about these comparisons. Prime Cain is behind only Fedor as the best HW I've ever seen. There are definitely shades of Cain in Aspinall but Tom will never have that level of wrestling, and blending him with Gane implies his striking is superior to Cain's? It's looked very good, but Cain was a master of combinations and mixing crisp striking with elite wrestling seemlessly.

And despite looking a little like Mir, their styles are nothing alike. Vastly superior in striking and vastly inferior in BJJ, therefore world's apart.

He does look a bit like Mir ha ha, built similar as well. I rate Aspinalls grappling, not as high as Mir fair enough. I think he’ll have a better career when it’s all said and done (and Mir did a lot too)

He does look a bit like Mir ha ha, built similar as well. I rate Aspinalls grappling, not as high as Mir fair enough. I think he’ll have a better career when it’s all said and done (and Mir did a lot too)
Agreed, he's already miles ahead of Mir in terms of overall talent. Mir was a very good striker, but definitely of the era and with a suspect chin that had just become untenable once he hit his 30s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back