MMA-UFC UFC 295

Remove this Banner Ad

Periera a great, shame he entered ufc so late, he’d be up there as a goat if went through earlier imo
What if he went on to win the HW belt later in his career? Would he be in the GOAT discussion then?

Remember this guy's walk around weight is in the 230-240 range.

He was getting his ass handed to him 2nd fight and went for a hail mary.

Disagree. Over 2 rounds Alex only landed ~10 more strikes before getting himself KOd.

Lol suck s**t Izzy, poatan did what izzy couldn't
Izzy would be popping champagne at the moment. This gives him a path to another shot at LHW.

What if he went on to win the HW belt later in his career? Would he be in the GOAT discussion then?

Remember this guy's walk around weight is in the 230-240 range.
More like 220 but yeah, big guy no doubt. He's a fair way off the true heavies though.

That's not what he said. The exact quote was "Israel's a weight class below him now but we've seen that. Jamahl Hill, when he's ready, is the fight that makes sense." He also said he didn't know the current status of Hill's injury.

Nothing definitive about that quote and he's given no indication of when Hill is likely to return. Dana often says a fight "makes sense" but then it doesn't happen. He could have easily been more firm and said 'Jamahl is next' but he didn't. So that leads me to believe that the door is open for Izzy if he wants it.
No mate. Not what happened

Absolutely, and it's probably not a bad time for him to go up in weight.

Great performances by both Poetan and Tom Aspinall anyway, it's a real shame Jones probably won't fight Aspinall, would be very interesting to see that one.
Real talk, would it be?
Jones is 38 or whatever and is in his last couple fights. Aspinall is at the beginning of his prime. I just don't see what benefit it is to Jon

Real talk, would it be?
Jones is 38 or whatever and is in his last couple fights. Aspinall is at the beginning of his prime. I just don't see what benefit it is to Jon

I really don't know, I mean with how easily Jones beat Gane, maybe the talent is that shallow at HW? The benefit to Jones would be further cementing his legacy as the GOAT and getting paid I guess, they could do a fight at Wembley or something, could be massive.

Honestly I don't really blame Jones for not wanting that fight, I'm just a selfish fan though ha ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't know, I mean with how easily Jones beat Gane, maybe the talent is that shallow at HW? The benefit to Jones would be further cementing his legacy as the GOAT and getting paid I guess, they could do a fight at Wembley or something, could be massive.

Honestly I don't really blame Jones for not wanting that fight, I'm just a selfish fan though ha ha
Trust me I get why I'd be kinda interested, but just sorta feels like not much to gain everything to lose for Jones. Imagine after everything he's done he finishes his career losing to Aspinall who with no disrespect because I love him is a relative nobody in America and I can't see Jones traveling to England to give aspinall an advantage. Dream for Jones would be to take out stipe an then either see if Ngannou ever comes back or just sail off into the sunset.

Alot of respect for Jiri, most fighters look for excuses and that was a easy one to go with and he refused to take it.
Early stoppage or not Alex had him hurt bad and could easily have pounded his head through the canvass with another couple seconds

Alex backs up in straight lines, doesnt move his head, isnt that high volume, and gets hit himself. He has great timing and power but hes definitely beatable.

I agree, and Izzy KOd him very recently of course. Would be interesting if he goes up to HW, as long as he can avoid guys like Almeida and Blaydes, his skill level would be well above anyone in terms of striking.

I feel like if he ever moves up Tuivasa will be getting a call…

Alex backs up in straight lines, doesnt move his head, isnt that high volume, and gets hit himself. He has great timing and power but hes definitely beatable.
I agree but he said 100% like it's a walkover. I don't think anyone in the world is a better than 50% chance of beating Alex in a stand up fight. Trust me after seeing Desean walk down Izzy like it was nothing I'll never say never again but Surely it's 70-30 Pereria

I agree, and Izzy KOd him very recently of course. Would be interesting if he goes up to HW, as long as he can avoid guys like Almeida and Blaydes, his skill level would be well above anyone in terms of striking.

I feel like if he ever moves up Tuivasa will be getting a call…
Lol tai could actually win that though, push him up against the cage and land those elbows from the clinch.

Probably dreaming lol

Lol tai could actually win that though, push him up against the cage and land those elbows from the clinch.

Probably dreaming lol

Tai has the chin to withstand Pereiras attacks for a bit, and he could KO Alex if he lands a few good ones. I’m actually thinking this would be a banger now ha ha. Apparently Pereira walks around at 230-240, like most LHW they’re HWs who cut weight

Tai has the chin to withstand Pereiras attacks for a bit, and he could KO Alex if he lands a few good ones. I’m actually thinking this would be a banger now ha ha. Apparently Pereira walks around at 230-240, like most LHW they’re HWs who cut weight
Or just heavyweights who aren't fat lol. Pretty sure tai cuts to make heavyweight.

I know Alex can land a leg kick, but * me imagine taking a calf kick from Tai lol

I don't think AP causes many problems at HW. He can still go down as an all timer with a few LHW defenses, no need to go silly with it. Would need very specific match making as Tai KO's him and if we're being honest Tai is a journeyman. Lewis shuts him off, the wrestlers maul him. They're just too big...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back