MMA-UFC UFC 298

Remove this Banner Ad

The sportsbet ad Volk did about being old was brilliant. Great fight Sunday, hope he wins but father time is undefeated, I have a bad feeling personally

Whittaker was gash against DDP. Never threw anything, scared to pull the trigger. Reminded me of Rashad downfall, just constant feinting and doing nothing. Costa will likely force him into a fight regardless but he can't be tentative again. If he is, I'm afraid he is done

Volk vs Topuria - It might be patriotism talking, but I think Volk reminds everyone how good he is here. If the decline is real, Topuria is absolutely good enough to be the one to dethrone, but I'm not sure the time is now.

Whittaker vs Costa - Burge might be right, but I don't necessarily agree Whittaker has gone over the hill. DDP took him by surprise, no doubt, but his four fights before that (including the Izzy loss), he has looked very good, including a masterclass against Vettori the fight before. That being said, feel the odds are off here. Costa is a seriously good fighter and seems to have toned down the social media and put the focus back on being a pro fighter again. I'm finding it hard to pick a winner, but I'm leaning Costa.

Neal vs Garry - Looks a bad matchup for Garry on paper, but ignoring everything else, he's as good a prospect as it gets. I think he wins this and looks good doing so.

Merab vs Cejudo - Crazy hard to pick this one. Merab's pressure and cardio is insane and of late, unmanageable. But on paper, Cejudo has him covered across the board in the skills department. Should be fun either way, but leaning Merab.

Hernandez vs Kopylov - Both have looked awesome their last few fights, and both have plenty of room to grow. When in doubt, I choose the one with the Sambo background.

Can't wait.

Ilia is stealing everything from Conor lol. The 'confidence', calling the champ finished and an easy first round ko, saying he has no power, stealing his belt and holding it.

If I'm Volks coaches I'm saying he's trying to lure you into a first round fire fight it's too obvious. I'd be telling Volk dance around even if you give away the first round, dance and clinch. Don't turn it into a boxing fight don't try and prove you're better. Just drain him. Ilias gonna be frustrated if it gets into the 4th and 5th and Volks not exchanging

The sportsbet ad Volk did about being old was brilliant. Great fight Sunday, hope he wins but father time is undefeated, I have a bad feeling personally
Where has all of the talk come from him being too old?

He is 35 and 6 months ago was considered P4P no 1

Well I guess 35 is old for the lighter divisions but yeah people have short memories...

I'm more worried about the quick turnaround from the KO loss at his age than the age itself

Really looking forward to this card, and the main event in particular though

Guys who are 35 years old are 2-33 in title fights between 125-170. That's the reason. Nothing Volks doing. His Yair and Islam (1) performances were peak Volk

Guys who are 35 years old are 2-33 in title fights between 125-170. That's the reason. Nothing Volks doing. His Yair and Islam (1) performances were peak Volk
really? where did you get this stat from?

Thats crazy

really? where did you get this stat from?

Thats crazy
It's all over the internet everyone's been going with it seen it in multiple places. It's crazy

This has a different number but the BT sport's guys went with it on their preview show

Lol illia taking the belt pretending to be Conor while getting booed the whole press conference. He literally copied Conor except Volk laughed it off. It shouldn't mean a thing but I thought Ilia was favourite but after the presser I'm Back with Volk. Ilias just a wannabe Conor

Whittaker vs Costa is going to be brutal. I'd like that find to end in either KO, or TKO.

Who's the guy Volk's fighting? I've never heard of him. I don't know much about UFC anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both of them are paying $4.25 to win by either KO or TKO on Bluebet ( will get better odds elsewhere )

Under 2.5 rounds assuming that means it won't go the distance is $2.20

I think it gets settled within the 3 rounds. KO or stoppage either way.

Dont usually watch press conferences but saw a bit of this one. It must be so weird to the really arrogant guys like Garry and Touporia to be booed. In their heads they're the best yet everyone hates them, I doubt they understand why...

Garry is such a tool. Illia 2nd language, ill give him a bit more of a pass

Illias fake villain act was pretty cringe. Especially after being quite respectful with volk on embedded.

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's a decent guy, from everything we've seen and heard to this point. I suppose he's acknowledged Volk is adored so going the other way may help build the fight? I dunno, personally, I was pumped for the fight without the good guy/bad guy narrative.

I see this being a bad day for the Aussies. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

Volk vs Topuria - Coming back from a head kick KO loss within three months? Dicey dicey.

Whittaker vs Costa - Whittaker's last win against somebody who can throw a punch was three years ago. Dicey dicey.

Neal vs Garry - NFI, just looking forward to seeing Garry actually fight.

Merab vs Cejudo - Merab comfortably. I thought Henry was 'retired'.

Hernandez vs Kopylov - Guessing Hernandez.

Tafa pulls out injured. His brother steps in lol. Pretty cool

Love those boys lol.

Also Old Man Volk at the presser - epic pisser haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back