MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night 80 & TUF 22 Finale Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard so much about Artem. Have never seen him fight.

Didn't even seem like he was trying even when they were standing.

VanZant's submission escapes were ridiculous, girls got mad skills. I'm kinda bummed she had to face rose so soon because now it just seems like such a momentum killer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I chickened out on laying money on Frankie. Before that my thought process was that he stood his ground against the best in LW, how much of problem could Chad's power and strength really cause him ? In the end I decided it was too close to call. Oh well, Ferguson is part of my multi so some potential cash there.

WTF? Nobody saw that coming. Damn, Edgar with a KO in round 1. Edgar hit him clean, but I'm wondering if the 2nd Aldo fight and the McGregor fight cracked Mendes' chin big time. This was as surprising as Demetrious Johnson knocking Benavidez out with one punch. So unexpected. TAM have had a bad couple of days and Faber could lose tomorrow. If I was Mendes I'd be following Dillashaw to train with Ludwig because his striking hasn't looked as good since Ludwig left.

I really enjoyed seeing Hall do some fancy s**t in there. One of those back takes was magical. I'd forgotten that this fight was on the card after the Ferguson/Barboza fight. I was ready for the main event and then I saw this fight was coming up next and I was disappointed. Even though I liked what Hall did, the fight was a total momentum killer. I didn't watch live and I know it would have been way worse live. It would have been better if it was earlier on the card. How good would it have been going from Ferguson/Barboza to Mendes/Edgar? It would have been the best.

Ferguson/Barboza was amazing. Both fought great fights. Ferguson has such a weird style that's so much fun. Barboza is clearly still improving because that sort of pressure would have ended his night early in the past. One of the best fights of the year. Lawler/MacDonald is still my number 1 though. Ferguson got drunk and said something on TUF that made everyone dislike him. Can't remember what it was. In the cage he's great and since TUF he's seemed really interesting outside of it. Look forward to seeing him fight again. Nurmagomedov next would be great.

Gonzaga/Erokhin was by far the worst fight I've seen this year in the UFC. I missed the Rosholt/Struve fight and heard it was really bad. Which was worse? Both men were so worried about the others' strengths that neither offered any offence. Erokhin used up all his energy trying to finish Pesta last time and this time he did a complete 180 by trying to use no energy. Gonzaga didn't want to get hit by Erokhin and who could blame him? But it resulted in maybe the most monotonous fight I've ever seen.

Lol. If I heard someone say this I'd assume they're a new fan of MMA. Turns out the President of the largest MMA promotion in the world said this. Dana White would love it if MMA became kickboxing with small gloves. I don't know why he doesn't just do away with grappling in the UFC. :rolleyes:

It's really quite funny that the president of the UFC is such a just bleed type of MMA fan.

I was annoyed that Herb Dean warned them that he'd separate the action. If he did, I'd have been pissed.

Lol. If I heard someone say this I'd assume they're a new fan of MMA. Turns out the President of the largest MMA promotion in the world said this. Dana White would love it if MMA became kickboxing with small gloves. I don't know why he doesn't just do away with grappling in the UFC. :rolleyes:

It's really quite funny that the president of the UFC is such a just bleed type of MMA fan.

I was annoyed that Herb Dean warned them that he'd separate the action. If he did, I'd have been pissed.
He looked distressed after the fight when congratulating Ryan Hall as well lmao.

As for the fight, I quite enjoyed Ryan Hall's aggressive BJJ style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back