MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Where to from here for Hooker?

Think he needs to take a step back. He's fought some absolute monsters in his last 5 - Poirier, Chandler, Makhachev, Arnold
Bobby Green would be a good match. If Hooker has anything left in the tank he wins comfortably in an entertaining fight

Or Ferguson if he's still got a functioning brain after Chandler

Hell of an event and what a night for British MMA. My takeaways:

• Aspinall is seriously good, his ceiling maybe even somewhere approaching Stipe. The HW division is getting to a good place as well, with Tai, Spivak, and Pavlovich coming through. The latter might be the one you'd like to fight least as well.
  • If Arnold Allen had an uppercut that fight would have been over much quicker. Kid's a jet and a fight with Emmett might make sense. Against Mitchell might be too soon. No idea what Hooker does now, but surely it's not at FeW.
  • Agree with madjoe re Pimblett. He'll know his level and that he'll eventually be soundly beaten by the top fighters, so why not cash in now? Slick performance on the ground anyway.
  • Sick finish from McCann but with her size and style I'm thinking she needs to tighten things up a bit to go any further.
  • Topuria/Herbert was a great fight with a scary finish. The UFC may want to keep Topuria away from Paddy for a while.
  • Gotta feel bad for Krylov. Dominates this fight and has looked good against the very best in the division but keeps finding a way to lose and is now 27-9. Craig deserves a Reyes or Ankalaev level fight now.
  • Shore and Mokaev are both amazing prospects.

Apparently every fighter who got a finish on the card got a bonus. Nine handed out.
Dana underpays all of his fighters, so doing something like this to make himself look good is very easily done.
I'm not sure what Pimblett made in this fight but I think he made 20k+20k in his previous outing (he also got a 50k bonus).

* me it's boring reading campaigners here say everyone's underpaid. It's that system that allows there to be stacked cards and for fighters to be active.

All of you asking for pay rises will regret it if it happens because theyll cut all of the good fights from the prelims and main card and just have a main and co main.

So Pimbletts made like 200k for fighting twice a year. What is even wrong with that lol guys not even ranked in the top 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Tai doesn't fight Aspinall next, that's a bad match up, even for Tai 2.0

Some great knockouts, the best was probably Molly McCann, so well timed and executed

CourageousFlimsyKatydid-size_restricted.gif

I hope Tai doesn't fight Aspinall next, that's a bad match up, even for Tai 2.0

Some great knockouts, the best was probably Molly McCann, so well timed and executed

CourageousFlimsyKatydid-size_restricted.gif
Somehow topuria on Herbert was even more violent

fu** me it's boring reading campaigners here say everyone's underpaid. It's that system that allows there to be stacked cards and for fighters to be active.

All of you asking for pay rises will regret it if it happens because theyll cut all of the good fights from the prelims and main card and just have a main and co main.

So Pimbletts made like 200k for fighting twice a year. What is even wrong with that lol guys not even ranked in the top 50
I'm happy to let you post here all you yourself.

Aspinall should make easy work of Tai but why not strike while the iron is hot and make that a #1 contender fight?

Both popular, huge fight for whichever country hosts it, and it isn't like Tai is getting by Gane, Ngannou, Blaydes, Jones, or Stipe anyway. Give him the least experienced one imo.

I'm happy to let you post here all you yourself.
The thing is the fighters have never done anything themselves to fix the pay issue. It baffles me fans care so much...

They took away sponsors, made main events 5 rounds, don't pass on any of the huge crypto.com deal, sold for $4B, huge ESPN deal. All through that the fighters did nothing - so they're either happy or don't care enough to do anything about it. Neither of which are fans problem - just enjoy the fights imo. Couldn't care less what most of them earn, the same way they don't care what I earn

Aspinall should make easy work of Tai but why not strike while the iron is hot and make that a #1 contender fight?

Both popular, huge fight for whichever country hosts it, and it isn't like Tai is getting by Gane, Ngannou, Blaydes, Jones, or Stipe anyway. Give him the least experienced one imo.

I feel like Stipe has enough miles on the clock for Tai to be competitive at least, I think that's the fight he should be going for. But yeah I think he'd have some sort of chance against Francis, not really against Gane, Blaydes or Jones though.

I feel like Stipe has enough miles on the clock for Tai to be competitive at least, I think that's the fight he should be going for. But yeah I think he'd have some sort of chance against Francis, not really against Gane, Blaydes or Jones though.
He might but Tai's TDD won't hold up and his cardio is still awful so Stipe only needs 1 TD and get through to round 2 while making him work for the fight to be essentially over. Unless Stipe's chin is that gone now it can't withstand a couple shots early (if they even land) or Tai somehow gets 3 rounds of cardio I don't think it ends well for him...

Interestingly I think Jones is the best fight for him. He hasn't wrestled worth a damn in years and doesn't have much power in his punches. Tai might walk through and land heavy shots?

Aspinall I was on the fence about but he's legit. Great timing on the TD, good power with his boxing. Who knows where he can go with it, just keep him away from Blaydes. 'merican wrestling > UK wrestling

He might but Tai's TDD won't hold up and his cardio is still awful so Stipe only needs 1 TD and get through to round 2 while making him work for the fight to be essentially over. Unless Stipe's chin is that gone now it can't withstand a couple shots early (if they even land) or Tai somehow gets 3 rounds of cardio I don't think it ends well for him...

Interestingly I think Jones is the best fight for him. He hasn't wrestled worth a damn in years and doesn't have much power in his punches. Tai might walk through and land heavy shots?

Aspinall I was on the fence about but he's legit. Great timing on the TD, good power with his boxing. Who knows where he can go with it, just keep him away from Blaydes. 'merican wrestling > UK wrestling

Tai is getting better with TDD and scrambling, Stipe might be tough for him though. Miocic hasn't fought for a while, i guess I'm thinking there's a bit unknown with what sort of nick he's in.

I think Jones is tough because he'll use his range well, fire in those oblique kicks and keep away. Tai might get through occasionally but Jones has a great chin and is also great at making sure he doesn't catch shots flush, going to be hard to knock him out. Though again we're not sure what sort of nick Jones will be in either.

Yeah Aspinall is the real deal, I feel like he vs Gane might be the most skillful HW the UFC can put on right now.

The thing is the fighters have never done anything themselves to fix the pay issue. It baffles me fans care so much...

They took away sponsors, made main events 5 rounds, don't pass on any of the huge crypto.com deal, sold for $4B, huge ESPN deal. All through that the fighters did nothing - so they're either happy or don't care enough to do anything about it. Neither of which are fans problem - just enjoy the fights imo. Couldn't care less what most of them earn, the same way they don't care what I earn
It's a result of how the UFC is structured, and from their business perspective, it's kind of genius. The top guys, as in the ones with the followings who can demand attention for issues like this, are paid well. The middle tier guys are paid just enough to keep them happy. The next tier are paid so poorly that they simply need a job. Complaining about fighter pay likely costs them their job and their chance at making it big in the biggest MMA organisation in the world.

It'll take several of the big name guys, who are already paid well, to stand up for anything to change.

It's a result of how the UFC is structured, and from their business perspective, it's kind of genius. The top guys, as in the ones with the followings who can demand attention for issues like this, are paid well. The middle tier guys are paid just enough to keep them happy. The next tier are paid so poorly that they simply need a job. Complaining about fighter pay likely costs them their job and their chance at making it big in the biggest MMA organisation in the world.

It'll take several of the big name guys, who are already paid well, to stand up for anything to change.
Its the opposite of whos paid well and overpaid imo. A curtain jerker is paid 12/12 plus a chance at 50k. They dont bring in revenue and no one is tuning in for them, they often fight in empty arenas as people just arrive. Theyre paid too much relative to what they bring in. The top guys arent paid enough with their face on the poser and their name on the billboards. Theyre the ones selling it to networks etc.

Youre right in that the top guys dont complain so theres no pressure to fix it though. 100%

The biggest thing is for every fighter demanding 1m and willing to sit out, there's 10 willing to fight for 800k so they dont even need to care. That comes down to what i said before though, the fighters dont give a rats clearly, why do fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back