MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

And nor should it look good for him. No professional sport should tolerate an official being touched, and emotion doesn't cut it for me. If they had been TKO'ed then yeah I can sympathize, but not what Roy did.

6-12 month ban would be something if they don't cut him.
Yeh agree.. roy was completely out of line and he was the one that was raining down bombs.
He seemed to be getting upset at John as he was throwing them, but didnt slow down and was going at 100%. If he knew he was done, dont blame john for the fact you punched ur unconscious mate unneccessarily 3 or 4 times. (Im in no way condoning the late stoppage).

Dana suggested that he will wait to see what the commision does, and the commision has said that they will only take action if an offical complaint is filed by big john. So it could be lip service.

Harris looking better but still sloppy...compared to the top tier HWs. Still, I ain't taking a shot from one of these guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought dodson won just, but split decision was probably the right call either way.

Great fight

I had Dodson ahead just slightly as well. Lineker had cage control, but in the stand up game, Dodson was superior, in my opinion.

Some interesting fights, some crap ones. Only watched from the Fili-Dias fight onward.

Andre Fili looked much improved from his last fight against Yair, though Yair is obviously a different animal to Dias. The top of the featherweight division is pretty stacked, so I wonder who they put him up against next. Maybe it'd be best for his development to get a guy just outside the rankings next.

Decent LHW fight to finish off the prelims. Nice sub by Frankenstein.

What an upset by Moreno, great effort to sub Smolka who looked really good against Nguyen. Kid has an infectious attitude too, really positive guy, hope he does well from here on in.

Ottow was decent in his debut, probably won the points in the last 90 seconds or so of the fight. Did well enough to beat a tough journeyman in Burkman.

Oliveira comes in way over weight, uses every extra pound to smother Brooks, then taunts him after he TKO's him. What a dickhead. Hope whoever gets him next runs through him. Obviously we see fighters hurt ribs pretty regularly in MMA, but I can't remember ever seeing a guy in as much pain as Brooks was in.

Lineker-Dodson was a really interesting fight. Round 1 and 5 I thought were definitely Dodson's. Round 3 and 4 were Lineker's. I guess round 2 was the one up in the air, and I had that going to Lineker, but I can see how some would have it the other way. Lineker-Garbrandt would be pretty crazy, but all the noise is Garbrandt getting the next title shot. Oh, when Lineker was clowning Dodson was pretty funny too.

Last edited:
Well s**t, didn't get a single one of my tips right.

You're not alone there!

Oliveira comes in way over weight, uses every extra pound to smother Brooks, then taunts him after he TKO's him. What a dickhead. Hope whoever gets him next runs through him. Obviously we see fighters hurt ribs pretty regularly in MMA, but I can't remember ever seeing a guy in as much pain as Brooks was in.

That was pretty classless, but seemed out of character for Oliveira. He's always been gracious win or lose in all his fights and in the heat of the moment it's easy to overreact when you've been disrespected. I'm prepared to give him a pass this once, but would be right there with you in wanting to see him beat up if he does it again.

I'm in the same camp as a number of you that thought Dodson probably should have edged the decision. Lineker did much better than I thought he would, particularly in rounds 3 and 4, but I thought Dodson did enough to win the other rounds. Was a great fight though and I wouldn't be surprised if they run it back at some stage. Given that he missed weight (again!) and the push Garbrandt has been getting, I doubt Lineker will be getting a title shot next. The only fight that makes sense for him is Dillashaw and it would be a huge test for him. Dodson frustrated him with his movement and there are few people fighting that can move like TJ. He's got the power to KO Dillashaw, but can he catch him?

Didn't pay too much attention to the Burkman/Ottow fight to be honest. From what I saw Ottow looks to be reasonably well rounded and looked much bigger than Josh in the cage. I was surprised when they said he normally fights at 155 as Burkman looks huge at that weight.

I liked Moreno from TUF and mentioned that he could have a bright future, but I didn't think it would be now. He was 16th seed in the TUF bracket, so to beat the #9 ranked guy in the world shows the quality they have in the house. Great win for him against a guy who looked like a future contender.

Haven't seen the fight pass prelims, but apparently the Blaydes/East fight was a cracker and Marquardt scored a walk off head kick KO. Will be checking those out tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back