MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

I have learnt from years on this board that when you assume...The complete opposite happens

The last couple fights are pretty good. Not watching this one, tho...got an SANFL GF to go to. Carn the Maggies!

View attachment 419060
Sleeper card for fire works imo.

I'm really intrigued about what Saki can do in there.. will most likely have zero grappling but he has been given a very favorable match up in that regard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OSP is a gate keeper...unfortunately, that is all he is. Imagine him at heavyweight

s**t card. Andrade/Gadelha is the only fight that I really had any interest in. Really good fight. It was pretty clear that Gadelha had basically all the skill advantages but Andrade won because she's stronger and has better cardio. Going for that guillotine towards the end of round 1 was such a bad mistake and everything went south for Gadelha from there.

OSP has so many holes in his game and he's made such a weird submission his signature. Such a weirdly put together fighter.

Gomi still getting booked by the UFC is a disgrace. Hopefully they don't book him again. Then he'll probably go fight in Bellator or Rizin or somewhere. God, I really do love the way combat sports work.

Gökhan Saki disrupted MMA. His kickboxing angles were too much for an MMA fighter to deal with. MMA is stuck in its dogmas. [Insert some other inane s**t Robin Black, Brendan Schaub and the other numpties said]

how did you not enjoy that card.saki looking gone turns it around. dy robbing ischie the chance to have children.

japan has very few stars so not stunned they booked gomi but gee match him up better not againt a star on the rise ufc

japan has very few stars so not stunned they booked gomi but gee match him up better not againt a star on the rise ufc

I wouldn't call Kim a star on the rise. His record is something like 15-8 and he was 1-2 going in to the fight. It wasn't a horrible match up for Gomi considering some of the other names they could have thrown him in with, but it didn't make a difference in the end. Hopefully he realises he can't compete near the top level any more and decides to call it a career.

OSP has so many holes in his game and he's made such a weird submission his signature. Such a weirdly put together fighter.

Like he said after the fight, the Von Flue choke isn't exactly something you can set up. That guys continue to hook his head when they are in no position to finish a guillotine is bizarre though as he's shown he's very good at it.

Andrade's strength at 115 is absurd. The way she slammed Gadelha in that first round was amazing and lead to an amazing photo:

Screen-Shot-2017-09-23-at-12.02.24-PM.png

Cowboy had a few years where he didn't take breaks he was fighting 4 or 5 times a year...has it finally caught up with him. I just don't think he has really evolved his game. He is a kickboxer is he not? Hardly ever goes to the ground and just looks to trade kicks and punches. The game has moved one from that kind of stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back