MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

I was never a massive fan of GSP. Just didn't like his style and always rooted against him.

unnamed (3).gif

I gotta admit though, I'm getting pretty excited about watching him walk to the cage and fight again.

The fight is pretty intriguing for me as well. Will be rooting for Bisping but there as so many unknowns.

Only got around to watching the fights last night.

Till looks like a special dude.

He has that "X factor" imo. I gotta admit, I don't even remember watching him fight, so I can't comment on his previous performances. Plan on going back and having a look.

His fight with Dalby (who was a UFC washout) concerned me heading in to the Cowboy fight, but he does look like a very good prospect. He's huge for the weight class and has very impressive striking, but like most non-US fighters his wrestling will be questioned until it gets tested. A strong grappler like Dong-Hyun Kim would be a good test for him as his level of competition prior to Cerrone was pretty poor to be honest.

His fight with Dalby (who was a UFC washout) concerned me heading in to the Cowboy fight, but he does look like a very good prospect. He's huge for the weight class and has very impressive striking, but like most non-US fighters his wrestling will be questioned until it gets tested. A strong grappler like Dong-Hyun Kim would be a good test for him as his level of competition prior to Cerrone was pretty poor to be honest.
Him being so young and such an accomplished striker suggests he has plenty of time to develop that. I'm not sure of his Bjj skill but I'm guessing he worked on it fair bit while living in Brazil.

He has the gift of the gab too.

Him being so young and such an accomplished striker suggests he has plenty of time to develop that. I'm not sure of his Bjj skill but I'm guessing he worked on it fair bit while living in Brazil.

He has the gift of the gab too.

Agreed. He's still so young in the game and has plenty of time to improve that. The coaching non US fighters are getting these days with regards to wrestling has improved massively to that of 10 years ago so he may well be very accomplished there ala Whitaker. Definitely looking forward to watching him progress over the next few years though as he does have the star factor the UFC seems to love.

Lineker has John Lineker tattooed on his back. Should bet against him just out of principle now

Feel like the body shot hook up top combo is going to land soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree looked like hermansson was trying to burn santos out did nothing.

santos gets a top 5 fight now ?

Maybe not top 5, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens. More like a 7-12. Maybe Branch?

Doubt he gets top 5. Only a few fights ago he lost to Spicely.

Someone like Branch next maybe.

Vicious from Santos.

Hermansson's patience to try and wait ir out cost him. Can't be that timid against a top class striker. Santos just dictated that from start to finish. Brutal but writing was on the wall about a minute it.

Hermansson's patience to try and wait ir out cost him. Can't be that timid against a top class striker. Santos just dictated that from start to finish. Brutal but writing was on the wall about a minute it.
Not sure Hermansson could have done much of anything. Looked fairly outclassed on the feet. Probably would have got dropped earlier if he was more aggressive.

Nice lil showcase for Santos.

Not sure Hermansson could have done much of anything. Looked fairly outclassed on the feet. Probably would have got dropped earlier if he was more aggressive.

Nice lil showcase for Santos.

That is true. Yep. Huge boost for Santos for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back