MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

There was one elbow to the back of the head and that was as he was rolling. It's technically illegal but that happens all the time. More incidental contact for mine.

The knee was illegal, no question. Didn't land hard but it really didn't need to.

Have no idea how that should be handled.
think there is enough in it that the other guy can feel hard by if i was booking id make them fight a rematch winner gets a title shot

think there is enough in it that the other guy can feel hard by if i was booking id make them fight a rematch winner gets a title shot
Yeah, definitely Josh will and should be upset.

I don't think either is enough to change the result but it is close. Another great reason why the unified rules actually need to be unified and uniform across all commissions.

What's the actual illegal section on the back of the head? Is it just from ear to ear, or?
I have heard different opinions on it, and I don't think it is actually written down.

Have heard ear to ear and I think it was big john who said it's basically where Chuck Liddells mohawk went. So basically a little behind the ear is ok.

Think Stephens has done enough to get the winner of Holloway/Edgar.

Now I just remembered that fight isn't happening. If Edgar beats Ortega....he absolutely deserves his shot at Holloway.

Stephens is gonna have to be patient or fight somebody in the top 5.

Now I just remembered that fight isn't happening. If Edgar beats Ortega....he absolutely deserves his shot at Holloway.

Stephens is gonna have to be patient or fight somebody in the top 5.

Cub maybe? Couldn't see Aldo at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is fight pass? Are you ******* serious?

I assumed it was big Fox.

What a card. Imagine if Condit v Brown was still on it.

Poirier vs Gaethje deserves to be seen by way more people.
I mean, it is Fox, but all fight night's for the last few months have also been on fight pass (the whole event), in Aus at least.

Condit is still on, now vs Oliveira (co-main).

And the next fn, 1 week after this one is sick!

Last edited:
I mean, it is Fox, but all fight night's for the last few months have also been on fight pass (the whole event), in Aus at least.

Condit is still on, now vs Oliveira (co-main).

And the next fn, 1 week after this one is sick!
Ah k .. that makes sense. Couldn't imagine them putting it on fight pass .

Yeah I know.. but Brown v Condit is a hell of a lot more appealing. And has been made and pulled a few times in the past.

I just cant bring myself to giving a s**t about Dustin Poirier for some reason.

You and me both man. I can't do it. Ever since he was the up and coming contender at FW, and then a 19 year old Holloway ****ed him up on the feet for a good few minutes in his debut.

I really can't get behind him or care about anything he does. If he can change that, great. But I don't see it.

You and me both man. I can't do it. Ever since he was the up and coming contender at FW, and then a 19 year old Holloway ****** him up on the feet for a good few minutes in his debut.

I really can't get behind him or care about anything he does. If he can change that, great. But I don't see it.
Dude... get over it...lol

For the record, Dustin won that fight in round one (as shown below). Dustin was 22 at the time.
upload_2018-4-12_16-3-7.png

Last edited:
You and me both man. I can't do it. Ever since he was the up and coming contender at FW, and then a 19 year old Holloway ****** him up on the feet for a good few minutes in his debut.

I re-watched the Holloway fight recently and it wasn't that clear cut. Like you I remembered Holloway lighting him up and being super impressed, but on a second glance I'd give Max a slight edge on the feet only. He started well and did look impressive for such a young fighter, but Dustin landed his share of shots and never looked in trouble at all.

My lasting impression of Dustin is that his chin seems to let him down in big fights. Johnson, Conor and TKZ all cracked him and were able to get the finish (TKZ with a d'arce choke, but after badly rocking him) so he's short a marquee win. I expect him to beat Gaethje this weekend, but to fall short when he faces one of the real big dogs at 155 again.

It's Dustin's chin that makes me give the edge to Gaethje.

Cant see Poirier having the ability to take him down or get out of the way of the bombs consistently.

Gaethje has a tremendous chin (that will fail him at any moment the way he fights) and even more heart.

He also has the perfect skill set for a brawler. Power in his hands, leg kicks, a chin and defensive wrestling.

I'm excited for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back