MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

2, 3 I thought we’re Lee (although 3 Iaquinta won early and Lee got a takedown and did little with it)

4, 5 I thought we’re Al

1 is the tough one, I thought Al but also assumed the favourite would get the advantage.

If you judge the fight on the whole thing (opposed to scoring rounds) Iaquinta wins it comfortably.

Good point made in the fight. many can switch stances but can't defend.lee got jabbed apart.

Odd thr judges didn't give Lee a round with the take downs

Good fight. I liked Lee's confidence, was going for Al but started to turn against him. Lee won the 2nd and 3rd rounds imo and was up and during both of those after dominating him, and acknowledged's Al's good work. Al was arrogant in his verbal exchange's, understandable yes, but imo was losing so should have been more respectful. I thought Lee had it won, but the 4th round I now can't recall who won that. I thought it was maybe 3 rounds to 2 in Lee's favour, but the 4th I'd have to see again.

Regardless Lee showed good respect for Al's work when he was winning rounds 2&3 and the fight at that point. I like that from him. He's a showman, but he's got class.

Dunno about 49-46 but Al won the fight clearly on the feet.

Those TD attempts from Al made Lee second guess himself. Al's hand speed evident aswell.

Al 1, 4, 5 IMO

Ufc must be crying. If Lee had of won that he would of been a dream match up for connor two big mouth fighters going at it but is no chance now.

As a ufc fan I really wanna see dustin v al so even style wise.

Round 3 was for Al IMO. Lee was landing a bit on the ground but wasn’t even hurting him enough for Al to let go of wrist control and cover up. While it was on the feet it was one of ALs more dominant rounds.

Lee got back mounted body triangle in the 3rd didn’t he? Whichever two rounds Lee got that it’s hard to argue against him winning those (even though I agree with you that Al was massively outlanding him)

If you’re on the ground, give up your back multiple times but able to defend submission attempts.....that shouldn’t go against you in a judging sense imo.

Agreed it’s kinda like a blocked shot.

Other part was I thought a few of those elbows shots were to the back of the head. Not sure if judges can disqualify them as strikes if the ref doesn’t pull them up on it but without them Lee did very little damage.

If you’re on the ground, give up your back multiple times but able to defend submission attempts.....that shouldn’t go against you in a judging sense imo.

I disagree. I think if you get taken down but get straight up it shouldn't be held against you (though i think it does often) but if you're taken down, give up your back but don't get subbed you should lose marks (and probably the round depending on what else happens). You've been put into a bad spot and just because you haven't been finished you've still lost the grappling battle regardless of whether you get finished.

I should add I missed the main event so I'm not talking about today's fight in what I said.

I disagree. I think if you get taken down but get straight up it shouldn't be held against you (though i think it does often) but if you're taken down, give up your back but don't get subbed you should lose marks (and probably the round depending on what else happens). You've been put into a bad spot and just because you haven't been finished you've still lost the grappling battle regardless of whether you get finished.

I should add I missed the main event so I'm not talking about today's fight in what I said.

A 'take down' is a basic fundamental that most fighters practice and use. I emphasize on what Iaquinta did on ground because it takes real nerve and technique to not get submitted in the position he was in.

To me they cancel each other out.

But Lee did land strikes on the ground and that absolutely should go to his favour.

Watch the fight.....it was good :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 'take down' is a basic fundamental that most fighters practice and use. I emphasize on what Iaquinta did on ground because it takes real nerve and technique to not get submitted in the position he was in.

To me they cancel each other out.

But Lee did land strikes on the ground and that absolutely should go to his favour.

Watch the fight.....it was good :thumbsu:

Yeah I will watch the fight and come back on here to comment fair enough. (had to go out and Dan Hooker getting belted made me depressed!)

Okay counter that! A fighter gets knocked down but gets right back up does that count as a knockdown ?

Al lost the 1st round no question. It was like 60 to 58 strikes.he lit him up with the jab no question but is the jab scored more then a takedown lol who knows. Imo jab should be scored highly

I’m not sure if too many in here have done much bjj but having your back taken is about as dominant a position as you can have. Al did defend extremely well but you can’t not score a takedown to back body triangle. Al would have to have done a lot on the feet (probably a knockdown which he didn’t have) to overcome that in most judges eyes.

Lee won the 1st 2 rounds IMO with Iaquinta being in trouble on the ground, however.

Having your back taken is dominant in BJJ, not so much in MMA - where it comes down to whether or not any points are being scored in that position. Lee had no serious sub attempts, and got off only pitter patter shots to prolong being stood up by the ref.

Lee won the 1st 2 rounds IMO with Iaquinta being in trouble on the ground, however.

Having your back taken is dominant in BJJ, not so much in MMA - where it comes down to whether or not any points are being scored in that position. Lee had no serious sub attempts, and got off only pitter patter shots to prolong being stood up by the ref.

He had plenty of legit attempts and some close shaves on the subs. It also wasn’t round 1 and 2. It was 2 and 3. 1 was close o had it for Al.

I had 48-47 Al. Lee gets the two rounds with the takedowns and the back mounts and the sub attempts and the control. 1 was close and 3 Al won with the exception of the takedown (so if you want to argue that for Al sure, I don’t agree but so be it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back