MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

dbtk.gif

Stoppage may have been little early....
possibly, but yhe ref is there to protect the fighters from theirselves sometimes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I am usually critical of early stoppages but I have no problem with this.

Just watched again, could have been called after 0:22, he gave him an extra 0:10. The fight was over.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
that needed to go just a little longer for mine... he was in big trouble, but he was still moving and defending himself.
He got knocked down again and was getting repeatedly punched to the head without defending himself.

The fight did go longer, it could have been called at 0:22.

He got knocked down again and was getting repeatedly punched to the head without defending himself.

The fight did go longer, it could have been called at 0:22.
A tiny bit early... it wasnt a bad stoppage at all, but a few beats early imo

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In the coming days when TJ watches the replay, he will admit that the fight was over.

If the roles were reversed, TJ would expect a stoppage.

what for refusing to accept defeat?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hate the campaigner, but in terms of post match losing speeches wasnt the worst.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A tiny bit early... it wasnt a bad stoppage at all, but a few beats early imo
I have to admit I like the downed man to suffer real damage, rather than just cop a barrage of nothing punches.

As I said, this fight went 10 seconds longer that it could have, he was given more time, but he wasn't badly hurt. I guess the UFC doesn't impose my rule that the man be hurt rather than merely beat.

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Probably the right call for the ref to step in, but we've seen plenty of fights where fighters have copped far more damage and the referee let the fight continue.

Time to scrap the flyweight division. Can't see Cejudo fighting in it anytime soon as he looks to chase money and build on his legacy.

Back