MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to admit I like the downed man to suffer real damage, rather than just cop a barrage of nothing punches.

As I said, this fight went 10 seconds longer that it could have, he was given more time, but he wasn't badly hurt. I guess the UFC doesn't impose my rule that the man be hurt rather than merely beat.
Yeah I agree, 10 seconds earlier probably would have looked better. It's not really the damage im considering for this stoppage, mainly the fact he was in the middle of a grappling transition. super hard call and he was probably done, but i would have liked to see if he could have got to a better position over the next few seconds.

Can definitely see why he stopped it, the second knockdown.

I feel you almost have to ref title fights differently though, maybe that’s not right.

Compare it to Cyborg Nunes, there was no doubt about that with that final finish, this was like stopping that fight after the second knockdown

But the stoppage was a tad early.. that can't really be denied.

Oh yeah, I totally get the view of the call, but you can't blame the ref, calls should always be made on the side of the fighters safety.

Personally would like to see the fight again at 125 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can because the fight could have been stopped at 0:22. He was given more time to fight, he got dropped again and hit to the head multiple times without defending himself. If you want to argue over a few more seconds, then you are arguing semantics. 0:32 or 0:40 makes no difference.

Oh yeah, I totally get the view of the call, but you can't blame the ref, calls should always be made on the side of the fighters safety.

Personally would like to see the fight again at 125 though.
I think I'm kinda over the 125 div (sorry to whoever cares about that division), thers's a spot for it somewhere, but I'm a little over it for now.

I'd very much prefer the rematch fight just go to 135.

It can because the fight could have been stopped at 0:22. He was given more time to fight, he got dropped again and hit to the head multiple times without defending himself. If you want to argue over a few more seconds, then you are arguing semantics. 0:32 or 0:40 makes no difference.
I'll check the fight again. Still think the fight was slightly ruined by an early stoppage, but oh well.

Hate the campaigner, but in terms of post match losing speeches wasnt the worst.
wasn't the worst but was still piss poor.

I liked TJ until the build up to this fight. Carried on like a cocky campaigner.

The UFC paid me a s**t ton of money to close this division.

I am the best pound for pound fighter ever.

I want Holloway next, when im going for 3 belts!

Now the prick is refusing to admit he copped a TKO within 50 seconds. w***er!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

maybe. Not sure if i agree or disagree tbh

The bloke got knocked down twice within 10-15 seconds and copped a barrage of punches. Wasnt really defending himself either

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

the killer shot was when he was getting up and he copped a hook through the jaw. Went back down again. It was done and dusted then and there.

I get the argument that it could have been stopped, but fights have not been stopped in similar positions and turned out to be all-time classics.

Edgar vs Maynard II, Barry vs Kongo etc..
tbf there have been many more times where the loser has taken way too much damage than necessary though

But if this teaches us anything, it is how hard it is on the ref on calling a fight over. I would lean towards the cautious approach of calling a fight a little early rather tan too late

Remove this Banner Ad

Back