MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Masvidal hit Till on the absolute button..lights out.
Then there was a back stage interview between Masvidal and ESPN, and Leon was out there, about 10 metres away talking smack to Masvidal.. Masvidal's like, say that to my face, walks straight off the interview and throws a combo at Leon.
Crazy stuff. He dared Edwards to repeat himself mid interview then cleaned him up. Edwards certainly did not expect that and got cleaned up before he knew what was happening.

Masvidal really isn't about playing games. I only caught the last fight. The KO of Till was brutal, one of the nastiest in a while, he got sent straight to another planet.

Masvidal hit Till on the absolute button..lights out.
Then there was a back stage interview between Masvidal and ESPN, and Leon was out there, about 10 metres away talking smack to Masvidal.. Masvidal's like, say that to my face, walks straight off the interview and throws a combo at Leon.
apparently Edwards had to go and get stiched up too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i think we are finding out that Till isnt as good as he thinks. Got lucky in the division v Wonderboy, outclassed by Woodley and now brutally koed by Jorge

i think we are finding out that Till isnt as good as he thinks. Got lucky in the division v Wonderboy, outclassed by Woodley and now brutally koed by Jorge

I think Till is slowly realizing that he's not above everyone. The hook from Masvidal though..that was awesomely done.. so quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Till needs to go up to MW. That chin would benefit from not having to cut so much. Good back and forth fight with Till landing some good shots on Masvidal throughout.

The overhand from Masvidal was sweet. Happy to see him have success on his return. His boxing backstage was pretty good too.

Some dogshit judging again with Volkan clearly getting the better of Reyes but losing a decision and one of the judges giving the decision to Gunni. Where do they find these people?

Till needs to go up to MW. That chin would benefit from not having to cut so much. Good back and forth fight with Till landing some good shots on Masvidal throughout.

The overhand from Masvidal was sweet. Happy to see him have success on his return. His boxing backstage was pretty good too.

Some dogshit judging again with Volkan clearly getting the better of Reyes but losing a decision and one of the judges giving the decision to Gunni. Where do they find these people?
Nearly fell off the couch when reyes got the win
And 1 judge giving it to nelson wtf

I think he's pretty good

But no doubt he was fortunate in the Wonderboy decision although he held his own that fight.

Problem is once you get that shot you only fight top guys for a while, same things happen to Volkan. 3 losses in a row.

I think he's pretty good

But no doubt he was fortunate in the Wonderboy decision although he held his own that fight.

Problem is once you get that shot you only fight top guys for a while, same things happen to Volkan. 3 losses in a row.

Yeah he was fine v Wonderboy, just got lucky with the decision. His next two fights he has been outclassed.

In fact for all his hype, he has only had one good win v Cowboy. Now Cowboy is my favourite fighter but he is known to put in some terrible performances especially v fast starting guys. That fight was pretty much hand picked for Till.

I reckon his best bet is to move up weight classes and blame the ko on the hard weight cut (which could be legit).
I reckon Adesanya is alot like Till. No doubt a good fighter, but has had hand picked fights to boost him up the rankings

While going up to 185lbs is what I reckon Till needs - the issue isn't his chin. His issue from what I can see is that his style is not suited to being the bigger, stronger guy - not at the pointy end of the elite anyway. If he was more suited to the rasslin' then his size would play a huge advantage. The way he tries to slide in and out is much more suited to speed from my experience. Both hand-speed and foot placement play a big part in what he tries to do and we've seen two fights now with smaller, quicker guys and how they can exploit that and get inside.

185lbs is the right move from here on out.

While going up to 185lbs is what I reckon Till needs - the issue isn't his chin. His issue from what I can see is that his style is not suited to being the bigger, stronger guy - not at the pointy end of the elite anyway. If he was more suited to the rasslin' then his size would play a huge advantage. The way he tries to slide in and out is much more suited to speed from my experience. Both hand-speed and foot placement play a big part in what he tries to do and we've seen two fights now with smaller, quicker guys and how they can exploit that and get inside.

185lbs is the right move from here on out.
He slides in and out yes without much head movement. He relies on being just out of reach so he can counter but his chin stays upright and he paid for it.

I still think not having to do those brutal cuts at MW can only help his chin but it's not his only problem.

Gotta also remember tills biggest wins on his resume are against cowboy and wonderboy. He missed weight in both of those fights. Pretty obvious he needs to go up to middleweight.

Cerrone looked like a balding child next to Till. He is huge.

Till was caught by the exact same shot from the same stance by both Woodley & Masvidal where he braced for the takedown shoot and instead got caught by the switch overhand left. Masvidal admitted himself he never does it but set Till up for it by keeping him guessing with the handful of shoots for takedowns. In the end Till had his chin hanging right out there for the shot and it found a home.

Till's not overrated, he's just human and fighting the way he and Masvidal do - it's kill or be killed, take a hit to land a hit etc. They just don't believe in point fighting. He's admitted in the past he will inevitably go up to Middleweight which should do wonders for him with being able to take a shot with hydration not being as much of a factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back